Anyone actually own the Arken

The SH4 is excellent imo. Reliable and nice on a regular .22LR, will be getting another for the PCP. Great customer service and alot of quality for the price.
I git the SH4J last year and I should be getting the LH 6-24 on Tuesday. I've had the sh4j on my impact mk2, huben k1, vulcan 3 and on my 17hmr it has been phenomenal on all of them.

Would you say that the sh-4 and sh4j are several steps better?
Yes, they are better, but these have 34 mm tubes and are very heavy. I use them on bench guns. The EPLs have 30 mm tubes and are lighter and optically almost as good as the SH-4J, which is the best of all. You would have to place these scopes side-by-side to compare the optics and even then, the differences are hardly noticeable. I wouldn't hesitate to use any of them. You get a lot for your money, even the least expensive scopes.

Yes, they are better, but these have 34 mm tubes and are very heavy. I use them on bench guns. The EPLs have 30 mm tubes and are lighter and optically almost as good as the SH-4J, which is the best of all. You would have to place these scopes side-by-side to compare the optics and even then, the differences are hardly noticeable. I wouldn't hesitate to use any of them. You get a lot for your money, even the least expensive scopes.
That's great to hear! Thank you!

I usually call CamerlandNY before ordering to make sure the website is accurate, because I try to do that with every company.
Seems I should have this time before I ordered as the scope showed/shows in stock but it isn't and they don't know when it will be back in stock. Drat.
I received mine yesterday, the sunshade doesnt screw in due to it being oblong. I emailed them yesterday and they already shipped me a new sunshade as a replacement.

I got the LH4 6-24 finally and I'm wondering why it's not more expensive. The optics appear just as bright as my SH4's both. It feels abut half the weight of the 34mm SH4's.
Well, it doesn't have locking turrets, the clicks are a bit mushier, it's a 30mm tube rather than a 34mm tube and it has about half of the elevation that the sh4j has. Fantastic optic nonetheless, but the sh4j has more features.

The Arkins I have looked at are heavy and bulky. So, I am not a fan of the 34mm. My Athlon ARES 30mm compares favorably and is half the bulk. Chinese glass has come a long way.
Well the new LH comes in at about 23oz with 30mm rings. I'm not a fan of the blocky reticle on the athlons.

You guys enjoying the new LH scopes? I'm definitely interested in one of these. I'm a hold over shooter not a dialer so once I'm set I'm set. Also I told Arken I wanted there EPL4 line with the VPR reticle. They said they had something in mind in the future but at the time no plan for that. This you can get your choice. And at Camerland there on sale for $199. Can't even get SWFA fixed scope for that.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
@Dairyboy I just got mine in the other day. I got the 6x24 and so far it is a very good scope for the money. Have not gotten it to the range yet, but sighting it down in my back yard, it looks like a keeper. I have an EPL 6x24 also and I have no complaints about it at all. I have a Zulus also and it works fine. In the LH, I got the VHR reticle as I will use it more for hunting and of course didn't want to wait for the VPR reticle.

You guys enjoying the new LH scopes? I'm definitely interested in one of these. I'm a hold over shooter not a dialer so once I'm set I'm set. Also I told Arken I wanted there EPL4 line with the VPR reticle. They said they had something in mind in the future but at the time no plan for that. This you can get your choice. And at Camerland there on sale for $199. Can't even get SWFA fixed scope for that.
I'm enjoying mine, I haven't tested the LH to the SH4 J beyond 160yds, for clarity or anything else so I couldn't tell ya if the sh4j outshines it but thus far they are on par. I haven't missed my sh4j yet haha that thing was heavy 🙃

Reactions: Dairyboy
I'm enjoying mine, I haven't tested the LH to the SH4 J beyond 160yds, for clarity or anything else so I couldn't tell ya if the sh4j outshines it but thus far they are on par. I haven't missed my sh4j yet haha that thing was heavy 🙃
All scopes with 34 mm tubes are heavy. Think the SH4J is heavy? The Vortex Razor is 48 oz.!! Yikes, you need wheels for it.

• Haha
Reactions: JaceSpace1369
All scopes with 34 mm tubes are heavy. Think the SH4J is heavy? The Vortex Razor is 48 oz.!! Yikes, you need wheels for it.
Yeah, I'm good on that! Haha! I thought about getting the new discovery prs 5-25x56 but at 38oz that's was a hell no haha. I've managed to get head shots on iguanas out to 220yds with my 4-16x44 Vortex diamondback, so the arken at 35oz is my limit. The most appealing part of for me getting the arken was that it has 32mils of adjustment and I didn't have a 34mm tube scope, I couldn't pass on it given the price at the time.