Anybody using a Nikon P1000 to video long distance shots?

Anybody using a Nikon P1000 to video long distance shots?

I'm thinking of buying this Nikon model and wonder what other AGN members think about the
zoom clarity beyond 600 yards. I'm hoping to zoom and video targets 600 to 1000 yards.

Are there alternatives to the Nikon P1000?

If you can keep your comments and suggestions "on topic", I would like to hear from you.

Ron in San Francisco

My hobby was photography for over four decades so I know a little bit about glass clarity and quality. I had both Nikons and Canons SLR and DSLR's in the past and somehow just stick with the Canon's
You want to connect the Nikkon to your scope, not sure what external mount can handle that weight of the Nikon 1000. Can work well but don't use digital zoom because the software will want to manage the pixels.
A good alternative would be a Sony DCS-RX model range point-and-shot, you can pickup some earlier MK4 or 5 models for relatively inexpensive, much less weight, and I think I saw some mount in several occasions I visited eaglevisioncam
I have some leftover cameras in my drawers inherited from my two sons, probably the batteries dried out just sittin in the locker. I was tinkering in the past to get some scope mounts but ... kind a lazy to play.