Anybody use a pellet pen...?

Update.......I was able, for the first time, to really use the pellet pen in the field all day today. I love it. It works great! I carried it in my coat pocket and just pulled it out and reloaded quick and easy. It is so much easier and allows fast as lightning reloads compared to handling each individual pellet by hand. This gives a huge advantage when hunting. I would definitely recommend this little accessory to anyone that is looking for a quick and easy reload method in the field on a break barrel rifle.

Not trying to hijack your thread, but figured it was better to tag this on your OP than start a new thread.

I have a disability where I have no finger movement. A common everyday drinking straw allows me to scope pelts from the tin. I can then either point them at the magazine individually to load each chamber or I can fill the straw up and then easily transfer them to a pellet pen. Hopefully this helps someone with limited hand function.

I haven't tried a drinking straw with a small spoon on it yet like they use to have at 7-11 for the Slurpees, but that is my next goal. I will be hunting convenience stores.

Not trying to hijack your thread, but figured it was better to tag this on your OP than start a new thread.

I have a disability where I have no finger movement. A common everyday drinking straw allows me to scope pelts from the tin. I can then either point them at the magazine individually to load each chamber or I can fill the straw up and then easily transfer them to a pellet pen. Hopefully this helps someone with limited hand function.

I haven't tried a drinking straw with a small spoon on it yet like they use to have at 7-11 for the Slurpees, but that is my next goal. I will be hunting convenience stores.

No worries about hijacking my thread. I'm just a bit curious as to how you scoop up pellets with a drinking straw? How do you fill up the straw with the pellets? I am always very impressed with the way in which people find a way to get things done despite obstacles. If it's important to us......we find a way.

No worries about hijacking my thread. I'm just a bit curious as to how you scoop up pellets with a drinking straw? How do you fill up the straw with the pellets? I am always very impressed with the way in which people find a way to get things done despite obstacles. If it's important to us......we find a way.

Most people with no finger movement utilize what is known as tenodesis. It is where you flex your wrist upward when the palm is facing down and the natural movement causes your hand to close. You can try this by just relaxing your hand palm down and then only moving the wrist (bending it upward) to raise your hand. Your hand basically becomes a claw. I use this to hold the straw. I then scope a pellet, facing the correct direction, from the pellet tin into the straw and use a finger on the other hand to 'plug" the straw to keep the pellet from falling out. Then I sort of "pour" the pellet out of the straw into the magazine opening.

Multiple pellets can be more difficult, but can be done. On my HW30 I found it easier to just use the tenodesis to grab a pellet and drop it in the breech than use a pellet pen. The magazines are harder because they lay flat on the table which mean I have to fight gravity, and so I use the straw technique.

Most people with no finger movement utilize what is known as tenodesis. It is where you flex your wrist upward when the palm is facing down and the natural movement causes your hand to close. You can try this by just relaxing your hand palm down and then only moving the wrist (bending it upward) to raise your hand. Your hand basically becomes a claw. I use this to hold the straw. I then scope a pellet, facing the correct direction, from the pellet tin into the straw and use a finger on the other hand to 'plug" the straw to keep the pellet from falling out. Then I sort of "pour" the pellet out of the straw into the magazine opening.

Multiple pellets can be more difficult, but can be done. On my HW30 I found it easier to just use the tenodesis to grab a pellet and drop it in the breech than use a pellet pen. The magazines are harder because they lay flat on the table which mean I have to fight gravity, and so I use the straw technique.

Ok..d3vnull...I can picture that just fine as to how that would work. Not the fastest process in the world I would imagine. But if nobody's shooting back at ya, I've found that it's best to shoot at a leisurely pace anyway. Appreciate your explaining that to me. Take care...

TR

How do you squeeze the trigger then?

LOL...feel like I've hijacked the thread, but here is my setup with a Lead Sled:

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/thanks-ken-at-spaw/

With that setup I just "stiff finger" the trigger and using a little pressure on the trigger even get the scope crosshairs to line-up where I want them.

I got lucky a while back and bought a TreePod for $60 shipped (half price). My next project is to make a base for it that my wheelchair will fit under so I can be portable and travel. Here is a cool link on a PB in a chair who mod'ed one for his wheelchair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUdwaaYiRwM&feature=youtu.be

Here is a new ammo dispensor called The Pelli-Can. You can find it at Accu-Riser.com

1548258282_2439821475c488bea3115e3.83909754_E3B3CC61-30CF-4D64-AF00-338094031865.JPG