Anybody shooting JSB Diabolo Exact Jumbo Beast .22 Cal, 33.96 gr ?

I had tried the beasts awhile back and couldn’t get them to shoot fast enough to stabilize due to them being so heavy. They ended up tumbling past 30 or so. A higher power gun would yield different results, of course. But in that situation why not just shoot slugs would be my argument. With the shape of the beasts, you almost can’t even call them a diabolo anymore. It’s at the extreme, so without high speed and a proper twist rate it can’t stabilize like a normal pellet can at the slower speeds. YMMV. Always worth trying.

When I walk n stalk: one of the mags is loaded for back up(god help me if i ever NEED them)🤣🤙

20220903_163217.jpg

Reactions: cavedweller
When we tried them a couple of years ago, the RW would push them to only about 970. From 880 to 930 or so, they would pretty consistently put 4 in 0.75" at 100 and have the 5th 4" or more away. Can't remember if I tried them at 150 to see if it was marginal stability at 100. The bc measured lower than the MRD's though, so I had no real incentive to pursue them for benchrest.
Justin Welch used them in the Utah EFT last year to win by a big margin ... supposedly at 1060 fps. Given the target issues then, I just figured it was the power level as much as anything. He did ok in the benchrest but not better than any other good ammo combo.
Bob

I’ve been playing with the Beasts some more lately. Earlier tests always favored the Monsters so I had not yet put too much effort into the 33.95gr. 1:17.7 twist barrel. There seems to be a fairly narrow velocity window where they do best. 980fps to 1040fps. A little faster is OK but shot cycle started to get rough. At 1100fps, grouped like a shot gun at sea level. Testing at 2000ft, seemed a little better. I settled on 1015fps for now. Accuracy is OK, but not great. Getting over 0.06 BC which is very good.

I really want to make them work. I’ll be using them at RMAC benchrest for first serious test. Maybe they will do good if it’s windy.