Anybody own a Liberty Safe?

After the recent raid in Arkansas, Libery is under the gun ( pardon the pun) and rightfully so. I own one and thought I was the only one that could get into it but it seems Liberty will hand over an access code to the three letter agencies so they can open your safe without a warrant.
There are videos that address the access code. If I owned one of their safes, I would watch and pay attention. You can delete any known codes AT YOUR OWN RISK....................

Reactions: SHOMER and rc4fun
One of my favorites, very basic but rugged. I have the change key. If someone wants in it will take some effort.

SG_01.JPG

Apple computers have the same risk. If presented with the right paperwork Apple will give the feds access to your computers and smartphones. It's a sign of the times nothing more, nothing less.
Right paperwork being the key. They have actually stood against this in the past. Who knows they may have changed by now though. It should take a literal court order for this to happen. Problem is the number of judges that would sign on the dotted line in 2 seconds without much thought.

My understanding is that there was a warrant. But I'd still be mad. AND of course once they have a master code....
Yeah but liberty should have been needed to be forced from a specific court order. The Alphabet org could have got in for sure eventually, just like they did years back on those idiots in CA that I believe robbed a bank and went on a shooting spree and apple wouldn’t let them in the iPhones of these people. I agree it can be a fine line between safety and liberty but should lean toward liberty every time. We should have freedom here in the US not a police state. Dang, must leave as I’ve already expressed too much. Lol.

I'm hoping to find a used tyranny safe cheap, then I'll change the lock. One of the videos I watched said that many of these electronic locks have a 4 digit user code, 5 or 6 management code that allows changing and adding user codes, and a longer manufacturer reset code that mere mortals can't change. I'd be willing to dump the firmware and give a go at finding and changing all these codes if I can fix one cheap enough.

Does Liberty have a backdoor access code so even if you change your code they will have a master code? If se even without cooperating with the law, crooked employees, breeches of their security would potential leave all customers at risk! Maybe all the codes are on sale on the dark web.

BTW I do have a Liberty safe with with Sargent and Green keypad lock. Maybe I should replace the lock with something else.

Last edited:
After the recent raid in Arkansas, Libery is under the gun ( pardon the pun) and rightfully so. I own one and thought I was the only one that could get into it but it seems Liberty will hand over an access code to the three letter agencies so they can open your safe without a warrant.
Hadn’t heard of this will definitely have to do some reading up