• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anybody making alternate dies for Corbin Press?

Unfortunately I don’t have anybody locally that might do such job.
I am really surprised there hasn’t been anyone making them. Corbin has a back order now that surpasses a year wait and the quality of the dies don’t seem to be that same as they were 3 years ago. I recently got a .218 die set, they screwed up the base and sent me the wrong one and the pressing of the slugs in the die was pretty rough. I had to spend quite a bit of time sanding with 100 grit sand paper to be able to run it smoother.
Do you have a local machine shop friend?
This was my confusion as well because my sizes were in between numbers that Corbin makes, so I ended up sourcing to a local CNC lathe shop. And turned out much better quality dimensionally and cosmetics

...Corbin has a back order now that surpasses a year wait and the quality of the dies don’t seem to be that same as they were .... they screwed up the base and sent me the wrong one and the pressing of the slugs in the die was pretty rough....
Yes, that was my impression as well. Also for my example I needed sizes in between the numbers like 0.2165 or 0.2175 or 0.2185 but not in inches, I am a metric minded I just put up these numbers to picture what I am saying. 5 microns oversize on diameter is enough for land/grooves.