• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anybody know if FX is ever gonna make the .177 Hybrid slugs?

Up at 4:30 unable to sleep again. Rewatching some old videos from Matt Dubber and saw the back of the packaging on the Hybrid slugs. Says it will be available in .177, anybody heard anything? I did some searches on the forum and found a couple people postulating whether FX is ever gonna do it, but nothing I could see since late 2020.

hybrid.1622453754.JPG

I saw that too on my .22 FX Hybrid slug box. Am waiting patiently as a slug from a .177 would probably give us a little more range and lessen the effect of wind. In the meantime you can get .177 slugs from NSA and Griffin. NSA slugs are less expensive than both FX and Griffin. Griffin has a very, very wide selection of types and weights in .177 & cost a little less than any present 100 pack of FX Hybrids. (120 Griffin vs. 100 FX) I have both Griffin and NSA and am still trying to find the perfect .177 slug. I put a .22 barrel kit on my .177 Crown & haven't messed with it for a while. My .177 Streamline shoots pellets lights out but hates any slug as was warned about and expected. 

I saw that too on my .22 FX Hybrid slug box. Am waiting patiently as a slug from a .177 would probably give us a little more range and lessen the effect of wind. In the meantime you can get .177 slugs from NSA and Griffin. NSA slugs are less expensive than both FX and Griffin. Griffin has a very, very wide selection of types and weights in .177 & cost a little less than any present 100 pack of FX Hybrids. (120 Griffin vs. 100 FX) I have both Griffin and NSA and am still trying to find the perfect .177 slug. I put a .22 barrel kit on my .177 Crown & haven't messed with it for a while. My .177 Streamline shoots pellets lights out but hates any slug as was warned about and expected.

Got a sample pack of the 12.5 NSA slugs to try in a choked LW barrel coming!

Got a sample pack of the 12.5 NSA slugs to try in a choked LW barrel coming!

I tried a standard no choked .177 LW barrel with no luck shooting slugs but shot pellets very well.I now have the LW no choked Polygon and it's a winner. Shoots the 12.5 NSA at 50yrs MOA with no wind If I do my part.