Umarex Anybody install the Notos plenum kit?

I deserved your remark, my apology. It’s a good product, I’ve read enough to be assured that’s true. Plus he priced it very well and it improved the looks. I was all in until I watched the youtube of the guy cutting off the suppressor, since I’m mechanically challenged, I’m sure I would screw it up. More than changing simple aesthetics scares me. Then add $125 in parts for 20 more FPS and 7-10 shots, I struggle with that value. I doubt 98% of gunners can feel or would notice the 20 FPS increase. That’s one reason why FX gets $200 plus for a chrono, to tell tell people the how they feel. I get 30 plus “good shots” now, it’s powerful and quiet. I’m happy.
the video which turned the tide.

Reactions: L.Leon
I deserved your remark, my apology. It’s a good product, I’ve read enough to be assured that’s true. Plus he priced it very well and it improved the looks. I was all in until I watched the youtube of the guy cutting off the suppressor, since I’m mechanically challenged, I’m sure I would screw it up. More than changing simple aesthetics scares me. Then add $125 in parts for 20 more FPS and 7-10 shots, I struggle with that value. I doubt 98% of gunners can feel or would notice the 20 FPS increase. That’s one reason why FX gets $200 plus for a chrono, to tell tell people the how they feel. I get 30 plus “good shots” now, it’s powerful and quiet. I’m happy.
Heck man, I didn’t mean anything by it, I just meant you do you my man!
It is a cool little gun with expensive gun accuracy though, and I’m glad to hear that buck rail is working on a grip fix and some more extras.

Thank you for the offer of the plenum, its very kind of you. I received my notos last night and viewed a youtube video on making the change. It scared the hell out of me. Do you know anyone I can have do it for me? I have another week or so waiting on the Carm magazines so I'm not being put out. I live in So Cal I could ship today. BTW I can't get the OEM mag to insert in the gun, its total garbage.
Magazine wouldn't work on mine fresh out of the package. I ordered the Maple mags from Canada off eBay and all problems are gone.

It’s 7-10 shots more at the factory tune. If it’s tuned down a little the benefits could be even better.

I only got the plenum because it was in a package with the barrel pieces. I’m not really planing to use it right away, but I will do some testing with it. I’ll reduce the reg and time the hammer spring to put out the same velocity as stock and see how many shots it will have on the reg

Magazine wouldn't work on mine fresh out of the package. I ordered the Maple mags from Canada off eBay and all problems are gone.
I ordered 2 Carms which took 18 days to arrive and 1 Maple which took 9 days to arrive at my house. Maple is 10 shot and Carm 12, both work well. If you have the time order a Carm, its worth the wait. I found the 1,2,3 on the side of the Maple mag worthless, hard to see since its Orange numbers like the mag, and the loader shuts down when empty. BTW, this Notos is mighty fine, for the money it is hard to beat.

Reactions: Dairyboy
Yeah guys the plenum extension just sort of keeps everything matching up after installing the threaded shroud caps. I dont think anyone is implying that the plenum extension is a big performance upgrade. If you want a threaded barrel and don’t like the non-removable moderator then this is your kit to achieve that. Everything stays looking proportional and you get an extra shot or two.
For the price and if you want to tinker around, it’s a great deal.

How tight is the fit of the barrel thread adapter? I'm concerned about concentricity and either affecting accuracy or having a pellet strike the moderator.
It is tight. There are set screws to hold it in place because the barrel is slip fit itself then is held on with a set screw at the breech end. I don't have any baffle strike issues.

The plenum will add 1-3/4” to the length of the air cylinder. I installed the gauge block which added 3/4” or so to the length of the tube and only had to cut a little bite away to clear the OEM moderator. The plenum would require cutting a lot more off. Whether it would affect the integrity of the OEM moderator or not cutting that much off I’m not sure. Personally I’d just get the entire plenum kit and remove the OEM moderator and use the adapters for an aftermarket moderator.
I bought the kit specifically for the adapters. I didn’t see/realize he sold the adapters separately or maybe he started selling them separately after I bought the kit not sure. I don’t plan to use the plenum so it you want mine PM me.

View attachment 387421
Nice rig, do you need that huge sunshade? Gun would look more svelte without it.

A question, not a knock on the Notos, which is obviously worthy of upgrades. How much are you gents spending on aftermarket goodies?
All I ordered extra was the carm magazines- not cheap but mags are not cheap. I also don't have the gun yet but $260 bucks is hard to beat from what people are saying. Personally, I wanted a decent left-handed cocking gun to try out

Reactions: L.Leon