Umarex Anybody install the Notos plenum kit?

Mornin' fellow plinkers,
Has anybody installed the Notos plenum kit found on our forum, and also available on Ebay?
I'd like the reference, if somebody's already done it.

Thanks,
Terry

Screenshot_20230812-145619_Chrome.jpg

Mine is in the mail probably gonna install this weekend. Following to see what others think!

I will say that before mine arrives, in speaking with @cfs916 I am confident it will be a good purchase that should make the Notos go up to its max potential without doing anything big like a bottle mod. He said the kit only adds 3.5 oz and I believe it won't make it front heavy like a bottle could. Plus you can remove whatever LDC you pick (with right one could make it even quieter) and that's easier cleaning and makes it shorter for storage. Probably too loud to shoot without but at least then if someone is doing a pistol version not carbine it'll be shorter just a loud big revolver size unlike OEM pistol size. PS I picked a Buck Rail tapered version because it's outer dimensions and how it looks are basically identical to the OEM mod, (it is actually slightly thinner in diameter). Hoping it's gonna quiet the Notos enough.

Has anyone figured out the best way to depressurize? I would say shoot til empty but I've heard the poppet or some internal part can crack if shot with no pressure resistance. Gonna have to get the air out to install the kit.

Mine came in the mail yesterday. Haven’t had any time to do anything with it yet. I was mainly after the adapter so I can use a moderator of my choice. I already have the gauge block installed on mine. I like having a gauge for the regulated pressure. Installing the gauge block showed me that my Notos regulator was set closer to 150 bar vs the 130 bar everyone thinks the regulator is set at.
I might consider installing this plenum on the gauge block also for a much bigger plenum but that’s going to push the air cylinder out further which would limit my choice of moderators. We will see.

Mine came in the mail yesterday. Haven’t had any time to do anything with it yet. I was mainly after the adapter so I can use a moderator of my choice. I already have the gauge block installed on mine. I like having a gauge for the regulated pressure. Installing the gauge block showed me that my Notos regulator was set closer to 150 bar vs the 130 bar everyone thinks the regulator is set at.
I might consider installing this plenum on the gauge block also for a much bigger plenum but that’s going to push the air cylinder out further which would limit my choice of moderators. We will see.
I have been thinking about what would happen if someone with the gauge block installed this plenum too! Please post photos with length and clearance measurements because I was interested in if that's possible. PS do you have an idea of what the gauge block weighs?

As you read above I picked the Buck Rail tapered LDC because its size is similar to OEM, but it is thinner in diameter and also angled at where it threads on so maybe that'll work well for clearing the tube underneath?

Mine is in the mail probably gonna install this weekend. Following to see what others think!

I will say that before mine arrives, in speaking with @cfs916 I am confident it will be a good purchase that should make the Notos go up to its max potential without doing anything big like a bottle mod. He said the kit only adds 3.5 oz and I believe it won't make it front heavy like a bottle could. Plus you can remove whatever LDC you pick (with right one could make it even quieter) and that's easier cleaning and makes it shorter for storage. Probably too loud to shoot without but at least then if someone is doing a pistol version not carbine it'll be shorter just a loud big revolver size unlike OEM pistol size. PS I picked a Buck Rail tapered version because it's outer dimensions and how it looks are basically identical to the OEM mod, (it is actually slightly thinner in diameter). Hoping it's gonna quiet the Notos enough.

Has anyone figured out the best way to depressurize? I would say shoot til empty but I've heard the poppet or some internal part can crack if shot with no pressure resistance. Gonna have to get the air out to install the kit.
To depressurize I shoot the gun down till 1kpsi then use an adjustable wrench on the pressure gauge. Only loosen it enough until you hear air leaking and wait till it bleeds out completely. Turn it very slow and a little at a time

To depressurize I shoot the gun down till 1kpsi then use an adjustable wrench on the pressure gauge. Only loosen it enough until you hear air leaking and wait till it bleeds out completely. Turn it very slow and a little at a time
Thanks for the tip! So is the wrench go on the gauge with the rotating dust cap removed? Or can do you stick a dowel rod thru where the fill probe goes and twist off there to relieve pressure?

Mine is also on the way. Can’t wait to get it here and try it out. I was ready to sell off my notos, but decided I need a project, so here we go!!

I probably won’t use the plenum as I’m actually looking to lower the power of mine. I’m looking in the 12-15fpe range. I would love that gauge block to know exactly where my reg is set at. Where does one find it?

Thanks.

Mine is also on the way. Can’t wait to get it here and try it out. I was ready to sell off my notos, but decided I need a project, so here we go!!

I probably won’t use the plenum as I’m actually looking to lower the power of mine. I’m looking in the 12-15fpe range. I would love that gauge block to know exactly where my reg is set at. Where does one find it?

Thanks.

Reactions: madeintheuk
Well I hope everyone else’s kits are a little better than mine. I just got a chance to look over the parts. The 1/2”-20 UNF threads on the moderator adapter looked a little odd so I tried to thread it onto one of my 0dB moderators and it doesn’t thread all the way on. A DonnyFL adapter threads on with no problem. Haven’t attempted to go any further with it so have no idea about the other parts.
I reached out to the seller through eBay. Waiting to see what he has to say

IMG_2433.jpeg

IMG_2432.jpeg

IMG_2431.jpeg

IMG_2430.jpeg

Got mine yesterday and I thought I might have the same issue where the LDC didn't thread on fully but I just kept working it on and off and now it threads on up to maybe 1/8" to go by hand then needs a little more torque to go flush. (Not installed so probably can put on LDC by hand when mounted to the barrel shroud)

My guess for my situation is that Buck Rail uses metal thread inserts in the 3D printed LDC and there was locktight on the inside threads further in and that's why it was real tight. Threading on and off got the excess out of there. It's tight and also I held it up to light and it all looks aligned perfectly so I shouldn't have clipping issues.

Kit is 3.6 oz total with O rings. Very well made. Looking forward to installing this weekend!

How do they work? Looks like it threads to something then the LDC end? Is the shroud threaded?
The shroud that comes with the Notos has threads. The adapter threads into the shroud and on the Notos barrel there’s a 5mm groove near the muzzle. The tapped hole on the adapter uses a m6 set screw that’ll sit on the groove keeping the shroud in place with the barrel

Has anyone measured the sound level of the stock moderator vs whatever moderator they are swapping for? Curious what this change out buys you.
Chris
This is such a timely question haha I literally bought a dB meter last week and took readings of OEM and will post the "after" once I collect that info. Stay tuned.

Reactions: Terryb00
Tim
Good call. Be sure to make the measurements the same for each moderator. I'd suggest about 5' away from and perpendicular to the muzzle. Use "A" weighting. Take maybe 10 measurements and average them together. A 3dB change represents half or double the amplitude of the sound pressure and would be about the minimum the ear can tell for this kind of thing.
Chris