Anybody have a idea how many hp. one of those Young Hen or texing compressor

have? i no their about 26 or 2700 rpm in 110 or 220 .Thanks Willy
1544714988_7303675865c127aec7d8b26.15504068_CIMG6927.JPG

I'm going out on a limb here and say "Enough". 😁

The piston is about 20% of a 5hp Briggs and Startton It takes 110 volts at 8 Amps so that 880 watts, so a little over 1hp.

Why? What are you up to? and if it works can I get one? ;)

Smitty

Smitty cai'nt say much now,as i do things that most people say what are you thinking"" Iv turned Young Hens into Tuxing and vice versa.

Willy, why did you have to do this to me? I was sipping my nightly glass of eggnog, getting ready to hit the sack, when I came upon your question. So much for bedtime! Okay, I am a service tech in the HVACR field. I also have a genuine Yong Heng air pump, and not one of those cheap Chinese knock-offs. (See what I did there?) I know it's genuine because it says "Yong Heng" right there on the side! Seriously, though, it is a good question. AC motor background: Motors are typically rated by their output, rather than their electrical power consumption. So Jim is right about the conversion formula, but that is for electrical input power. I have seen 1/3 HP motors that were actually rated on the label for 1/4 HP. So, the label only shows the manufacturer's rating, which can range from the true output power to a lesser "de-rated" value. My Yong Heng has no data tag or label, so no help there. A quick check under the cover and I think I counted four poles in the windings. Here in the U.S., the RPM formula is 7200 divided by the number of poles, so 1800 RPM is the no-load RPM. Under a load, this is reduced to around 1700 RPM or so. As an aside, it is unusual to see this RPM used in a direct-drive application like the Yong Heng. They are usually found in belt-drive applications. Another thing caught me by surprise: The run capacitor is 120 uF. I have never seen that big of a capacitor value even on an AC compressor, much less a small 115 volt motor. Back on topic! I have not actually measured the amp draw of mine, but lets just say 16 amps, the max continuous allowed current on a typical 115 volt circuit breaker on a household outlet circuit. The math tells us that our input power is 1840 watts, or 1.8 KW (looking at you, BigTinBoat!) Next, we multiply by the average 80% efficiency of most AC motors, and we finally arrive at a maximum of 1472 watts, or 2 HP. Based on experience, I would venture to say that we are really looking at around 1 to 1.5 HP. Maybe this weekend I can run my Yong Heng, measure the amps, and give you a more precise answer. Shoot straight!

Willy, why did you have to do this to me? I was sipping my nightly glass of eggnog, getting ready to hit the sack, when I came upon your question. So much for bedtime! Okay, I am a service tech in the HVACR field. I also have a genuine Yong Heng air pump, and not one of those cheap Chinese knock-offs. (See what I did there?) I know it's genuine because it says "Yong Heng" right there on the side! Seriously, though, it is a good question. AC motor background: Motors are typically rated by their output, rather than their electrical power consumption. So Jim is right about the conversion formula, but that is for electrical input power. I have seen 1/3 HP motors that were actually rated on the label for 1/4 HP. So, the label only shows the manufacturer's rating, which can range from the true output power to a lesser "de-rated" value. My Yong Heng has no data tag or label, so no help there. A quick check under the cover and I think I counted four poles in the windings. Here in the U.S., the RPM formula is 7200 divided by the number of poles, so 1800 RPM is the no-load RPM. Under a load, this is reduced to around 1700 RPM or so. As an aside, it is unusual to see this RPM used in a direct-drive application like the Yong Heng. They are usually found in belt-drive applications. Another thing caught me by surprise: The run capacitor is 120 uF. I have never seen that big of a capacitor value even on an AC compressor, much less a small 115 volt motor. Back on topic! I have not actually measured the amp draw of mine, but lets just say 16 amps, the max continuous allowed current on a typical 115 volt circuit breaker on a household outlet circuit. The math tells us that our input power is 1840 watts, or 1.8 KW (looking at you, BigTinBoat!) Next, we multiply by the average 80% efficiency of most AC motors, and we finally arrive at a maximum of 1472 watts, or 2 HP. Based on experience, I would venture to say that we are really looking at around 1 to 1.5 HP. Maybe this weekend I can run my Yong Heng, measure the amps, and give you a "ore precise answer. Shoot straight! WOW" thanks for the info" I like the pet coon,cute. Willy