• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anybody ever use a small radiator on the Young Heng or any other water cooled ..

I've got heat sinks on tubing coming from hp cylinder. It helps a little bit. What's really helped is the small fan that I put at the back end of the YH a couple weeks ago. Keeps it noticeably cooler (in addition to the box fan I always have blowing on the front side. I too thought about a radiator but my unit always runs well below max temp so I think about it no more.

bd2021,

Listen to Gerry52 and dizzums, they speak the truth. There are many examples of what you've described, some real works of art, search Yong Heng on this forum for pictures. Here's my set-up ready to go, note fan behind compressor and ice bottles in water. WM
IMG_20220322_203924.1649038459.jpg

I used computer CPU radiator and three fans. It made it so I did not have to add ice to top off my tanks. 

After that I ran an accessory fan through the back of the compressor and found, it made a huge difference, the temperature equalized around 59-60C in twenty minutes. So, I could run it longer if I wanted.

Others have played with the cooler lines one person did a water cool on them, someone else did fins and yet another wrapped them in rags and poured water on them. 

I would expect all of these things helped but the radiator or ice in your 5 gallon reservoir will give you all you need.

Yong Heng info;

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/a-dedicated-yong-heng-subforum/#post-1127767

I spent a few years in the early days of supercooling overclocked PCs using dual peltiers. Dissipating high heat loads with a radiator is dependent on ambient temperature. Cooler or moderate climates will fair better. Overclocking with 400 Watts of heat radiators were not an option. Cavitation from too large a pump will occur in the YH head before optimum efficiency in a radiator is reached. PITA as it is, ice, lab chillers or evaporative cooling are more suited to the Yong Heng's high load, keeping it in the lower temperature range to extend the life. 

Silly question, does anyone put heatsinks on their radiator hoses? Of course not, the capacity of the liquid cooling system is far greater. The other buggeroo is surface conact. Getting proper surface contact for optimum thermal transfer is marginal on flat surfaces and next to impossible with precision machined cylindrical surfaces. 

Regarding water, it has a higher specific heat capacity than water wetters or antifreeze. Just a pinch will reduce the surface tension and minimize electrolysis. Ignore the 20% mix ratio as it will compromise efficiency.

Here's the current evolution of my setup which keeps things frosty in 100° F weather. The Yong Heng's vibration will toast foster connectors. All connections to stuff on the compressor are threaded with a foster feeding the Carette on a separate isolated stand. Fan blowing on first stage. Stock pump with ice chest (two frozen 2l bottles) positioned for minimum lift. The high dollar ice chest works better with high ambient temps, cuts the shrinkage. Royal Purple break in, Royal Purple with WS2 dropped the temps 2°C. The tungsten disulfide works it's way into the surfaces and remains. Switched to Seco 500, golden! :) 

IMG_20220201_135940.1649310710.jpg

One more thought, a temperature sensor only measures the temperature of itself. The temperature in the hard working second stage is far beyond what is indicated on the digital readout. All the more reason to embrace ice.