Anybody ever use a service called WISE to send payment funds outside the US?

I would never buy anything or use a service unless I can use my guanteed purchase credit card. Way to many savy scammers out there. My card guantees the purchas, if any thing goes wrong, they hold payment and after 30 days the payment is withdrawn if not real. It has saved my butt on a number of ocassions !! My wife has been scammed numerous times on paypal. The only way I use paypal is with their invoice service, the seller sends an invoice thru paypal then the buyer can use his CC to pay the invoice. Once the invoice is paid the item is shipped. Now...paypal has a record from seller and buyer and very easy to stop the transaction if there is a fault. Small fee for the invoice but safest way I know....

If you're talking about this one:
1682021901064.png

I used it to purchase a FWB 603 from Carel in the Netherlands (?) a couple years ago without a hitch.
Used my credit card through the service.
Yeah, kind of freaky giving out personal info anymore but everything seemed to work out OK with no ill effects that I know of.

I'm trying to purchase a FWB 601 and the seller is requesting that I use a service called WISE to send the funds. The website looks real enough but I've never heard of them. I'm very cautious about exposing my banking info to a service I know nothing about. Anybody here ever use them? Thanks,
Kenny

My understanding is that it is difficult to impossible to get your payment back if the seller scams you or you are not happy with the product. It is essentially like sending them cash, but electronically. You need to know who you are sending it to. They offer ZERO buyer protection from what I have read in a few minutes of google searching.

I tried to send money using Wise (When it was called Transfer Wise) for a scope and they returned the payment saying you can't pay for or get paid for anything that is even remotely related to guns. They cited something similar to what is on their current policy page. They might allow gun / airgun / scope sales now as I don't see any reference to guns or firearms or airguns, only that they have to be legal to buy / sell on both ends of the transaction.

• Weaponry, military and semi-military goods and services.
    1. Weapons (including weapons of historic significance), military software, or any other goods or services intended for military use.
This policy could also be used to deny airgun products though they did not use it for my scope.
  • for anything that is abusive, harmful, or does not comply with our content standards;
and

• promote violence;
Are you going to be denied service? Probably not as long as you choose the wording wisely. (pun intended :LOL: )

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
If you're talking about this one:
View attachment 349827

I used it to purchase a FWB 603 from Carel in the Netherlands (?) a couple years ago without a hitch.
Used my credit card through the service.
Yeah, kind of freaky giving out personal info anymore but everything seemed to work out OK with no ill effects that I know of.
Thanks SAZ! That is exactly who I am buying from. I’m glad to hear that your experience went well. I was able to also use my credit card through Wise and keep my banking info safe. Thanks for sharing.
Kenny

Thanks for everybody’s replies. I feel a little better about using Wise after some of your responses. Once I found out that I could use my credit card I was a little more comfortable. I realize it is still possible to be scammed but at least my banking info is not involved. The seller I am purchasing from is named Carel and seems to have a very positive reputation in the world of used ten meter rifles. Thanks again everybody for helping; I love the fountain of knowledge on this forum.
Kenny

Thanks for everybody’s replies. I feel a little better about using Wise after some of your responses. Once I found out that I could use my credit card I was a little more comfortable. I realize it is still possible to be scammed but at least my banking info is not involved. The seller I am purchasing from is named Carel and seems to have a very positive reputation in the world of used ten meter rifles. Thanks again everybody for helping; I love the fountain of knowledge on this forum.
Kenny
I have bought from Carel several times and have never had an issue. He is straight up in his dealings so you should have no worries about him.

Hi Kgphotos,
I purchased the FWB 603 a couple years ago and I have a friend that's purchased from him also.
Everything was as he described and arrived within a little over a week from his location overseas.
I thought that was pretty quick when I look at how long it sometimes takes to get things right here within the USA. :unsure:
It's not Krale quick, but it's still pretty good.
He is a frequent seller on the "American Airguns" and "Target Talk" sites.
I personally wouldn't hesitate to purchase from him again.

Reactions: Kgphotos