Anybody ever cut off FX liner choke?

I was just sitting around thinking. (dangerous for me) and was wondering something. I have an FX impact MKII power plenum .25 600mm with slug liner installed. I was wondering if anyone ever bought a longer liner, would be a 700 mm in my case, & cut it off to fit the shorter barreled gun. I realize that it would mean accurately cutting it off & crowning the new size. I've read about shooting slugs using choked vs. non-choked barrels and thought that there must be someone out there who has done this, are willing to admit it and share their findings.

Paul

Most of us that do such horrible things ;^) cut from the backside so as to retain the choke as it makes the gun less pellet/slug picky and usually more accurate with a wider range of projectiles. Although I have thought of cutting the choke off of a regular STX liner to see if it would shoot slugs better. So far that has stayed only a thought.

I sure hope FX's SUPERIOR liner is just that. I've got enough slugs to fill a coffee can and I've not been able to get them to shoot well enough with my Impact to justify the investment. So what did I do? I took the bate and ordered a superior liner and some FX hybrid slugs.

I understand barrel harmonics and tuning (at least on a rudimentary level) but how is it that pellets can be found with relative ease and slugs can drive you to drink. Out of the box a person should be able to get pretty close with some minor tweaking to dial in the best groups.

I'm hopeful. I'd like to say optimistic.