• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anybody else save their empties?

Dunno what compelled me to save them, but I have since the beginning. 

Capture.1625001514.JPG

Kinda fun to be able to keep track of how many have gone through a gun, and to see the trends in what gets used the most. Also a little nostalgic to pull these out of storage and remember all the fun I had sending them downrange through various guns and at various parts of the airgun journey. 

Mostly organized from the heaviest stuff I shoot on the left (Monster RDs) to the lightest stuff on the right (JSB 7.87). There's also some random stuff down on the far right. And I haven't kept all my slug boxes. 

Anybody else hang on to their empty tins? 

I tape 4 of them together and do meaningless pellet penetration test with various pellets at various speeds using my Pulsar. I also look at expansion. No comparison to any hunting targets, just fun to look at results. 

A JSB 18 on high power at 932fps will penetrate 3.5 empty JSB TINS @ 25 YDS with final hole diameter of 8 mm. Probably would penetrate a human skull with no problem. Know a few folks who’s skull would qualify as “an empty tin” lol.