• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Any Zboria users

Thanks, Your opinion of Charley is the same as I have heard from everyone else. As for power, given I am only shooting 25-40 yds in my yard I think it will have more than enough power out of the box. If the situation ever changes then I can have Charley work his magic and get me another 100 fps or so..

Being old school, having someone so close for a face to face means a lot to me. Would rather pay Charley a bit more for the honesty and service he provides.

My Kozak just arrived back home after a short stay with Charlie. He added a rear sling stud, picatinny rail for a bipod, removed some material from the top of the stock so I can adjust hammer spring without removing action from the stock, cleaned up internals and accurizing and pellet testing. 

Due to the weather I couldn't shoot it yet. Hopefully I will get out in the next few days. I can post pics of his work. In the meantime, rest assured it appears top notch. Everyone's statements about him being a fantastic guy to deal with are spot on! Its probably best that I dont live within 30 minutes of his shop.

The gun is very quiet without a moderator, with the Donny FL Sumo, it’s extremely quiet. Most of the noise comes from the action, not the discharge of air. Charlie Frear at Georgia Airguns has the parts and o-rings you’ll need if that time comes. They are simple to work on, I took ours apart to check it out, see how it works and it’s very basic. Our regulator is set about 115bar and like I said, the shot count is amazing. Like Charlie told me, “you won’t be disappointed with this gun”. It really is great and you get way more than you pay for. We have owned lots of quality guns, some of our favorites are the Brocock Bantam, Crown, Streamline, Impact, RAW, Air Arms and my son loves this gun above all others. It’s smooth as silk and he especially likes it because it’s light, ergonomic, super accurate and always works as it should. Good luck with your decision.

Stoti

Taking the 25 minute ride down to see Charlie Monday morning to shoot and discuss the FC 550. I may have gone down the rabbit hole! Do appreciate all the helpful comments and suggestions I have gotten here. Will let folks know what I think after shooting the 550 and talking with Charlie. But, I must say he impressed me after talking with him for almost an hour on the phone. He really seems to know the Zboria and his business. Being so close to him may prove to be a curse and a drain on my bank account..

Intense, I do not blame you as I would avoid Atlanta traffic as well. I have not been through Atlanta in a year and unless I head north on 85 I do not have to deal with any traffic.

There are 3 folks that could do work on my car in the Atlanta area but but I spend an extra hour and drive to Birmingham to avoid the traffic. As you know, you could be spend an hour or more in gridlock around Atlanta.

I moved out of Central Florida to avoid the crowds and traffic. Hopefully, you will get down to see Charlie before too long.

Survivor, Let me know how the work goes on your rifle. Are you having the tune done?

Well, took the 20 minute drive to see Charlie today. I will say that I was impressed with him and the Zboria FC.

Charlie took all the time I needed. He answered all the questions I had and then went over the gun from muzzle to pad. He set a target up at 40-50yds for a trial. I had seen the target groups he had done with this rifle using different pellets and wanted to see how good it would shoot with me. I was amazed. The first time I ever shot the FC it did a 5-6 shot group that would fit easily in my thumb nail !! It also has one of the best triggers I have felt on any rifle and I have shot some high dollar triggers in powder guns. The velocities through his chronometer were extremely consistent as well.

To say the least I was very impressed with the FC 550 and I went down the rabbit hole for the gun, great white, Sightron optic and Sumo.

Getting into PCP's for the first time can and did get spendy however I believe I got some good equipment and should be set for awhile. I have found out that sometimes if you skimp early on it bites you later down the road. Will let folks know down the road what I think and if my choices were sound or not when I have more experience.

Chuck, I also always said do not look through someone's really nice glass if you can not afford it. If you do you will never be happy with what you have.

What everyone said was true but I knew that going in. You only go around once in life so why not get what you want as life is indeed short !

No kids, no house payment so not really a big deal other than the idea...

Debated about just getting a nitrogen tank from a welding shop for $200 rent and $7.00 a month swap-out like Charlie uses but then I would need something else if I went to a range as I can not shoot over about 35-40 yds in my yard. Not on acreage like Charlie. I know I would want to shoot it at longer ranges so if I had to have a tank then I would be better in the long run getting a 97 cu 4500 tank.

If I ever start shooting far more than I think I will also get the nitrogen tank as it will fill my Great White far more than I can shoot..

Went down to Charlies' and picked up the new FC 550. While we were there Charlie took the time to mount the scope on the correct Burris rings at the correct height for my hold.

He then took the time to adjust the hammer spring and get the velocity to print dead on with the pellets I am going to use. It will stack the pellets on top of each other at 40 yds.

Was pleased with the time Charlie took which would not have happened if I ordered a gun on line. It saved me a bunch of time and being new I would be confused as to where to start or turn if I hit a snag.

I am ready to go with the exception of getting a tank of air. Finding someone to fill a 4500 tank in rural Georgia is not an easy task. Will also call a number of paintball shops as some paintball gun tanks are 4500 psi. 

Hopefully, sometime next week will find a place to fill the Great White and will start shooting.

Thanks for all the help here in deciding where to start in PCP's.