• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Any Zboria users

Started looking at different guns and found Local dealer that handles Zboria. If possible would rather deal with local guys for a face to face. Any current users or thoughts on this rifle?

Do not like to read the hype and would rather rely on folks that have first hand knowledge with these guns. Are these guns noticeably better than say a Benjamin Marurader target and field that just came out? Just trying to get a feel for different guns and how well they are built and perform.

I would love to hear some user reviews from Sapsan owners. Zbroia, as a product line, seems to have a lot more similarities to a Taipan Veteran than a Benjamin Marauder.

Sapsans are kind of goofy looking, but I am a function over form kind of guy and this model really has my attention. I think that if it would have been priced as competitively as their other models it would have taken off. Price is a little high for a product that most people don't know or trust yet. JMO/guess

I started this thread a few months ago , https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/zbroia-kozac-fc-550-first-range-day/

My gun has just left Charlie Frear's shop on its way back home to me. I should have it Wednesday.

I'm very impressed with the quality and accuracy of my Kozak FC550. Im sure Charlie made it a whole lot better too.

I was regularly shooting groundhogs with mine at 100 yards.

If you are in GA, I’m assuming you speak of Charlie at GA Airguns. I don’t own one, but have been meaning to head down to his shop one of these days and check them out. I have spoken to him on the phone and he is really impressed with them for the cost. Charlie is A+ in my book & has never done me wrong. Great service always. Good luck on your search. Oh, he also has Kalibrgun & Taipan in case the Zbroia doesn’t convince you. 

I love my little Kozak Compact, you don't seem to see the compacts at USA dealers, what a great yard and garden gun, had to slow her down to 760 fps with 15gr hades by clipping the hammer spring and now get about 80 shots per fill with a 180 cc tank 110 bar reg setting,,wish I had a cobra valve in her

the Sapsan is a completely different animal, much more complicated than the Kozaks, I am still working on mine, just got a needed part from Zbroia and now I need to do a little machining to remove a stuck part and then I should be good to go.. I bought my Sapsan through Charlie, but I had it dropped shipped directly to me, cause I like to work/play with my guns. Charlie is highly recommended to work with and carries quality European guns

First let me say. I’m so new to air gunning that I really don’t like giving my options. But because these guns are somewhat new. I myself want to hear other people’s opinions and experience. I have the Zabroia Kozak FC 550 in .22 cal. The rear cocking is not nearly as awkward as I thought it was going to be. The gun has lots of power. The pistol grip is kinda square I’m not sure why they didn’t take the time to make it more rounded. I have a Discovery VT-T , 6 x 18 power scope in FX No Limit rings. 
I got it to shoot pellet on pellet once at 30 yards. Then I unscrewed the shroud for cleaning and now a 3/4” group at 30 yards is my average. That’s shooting of a sandbag rest. For pellets I’ve used H & N Field Target Trophy’s, JSB Hades and JSB Exact Jumbos 

I recently had some issues of a wandering zero. I’ve always sorted my pellets by weight but now I’m actually looking at the skirts. 
I got this gun for shooting longer distance and taking larger game. I’d really like it to group better. But as stated I’m so new I’m learning new stuff all the time. So these have just been my personal experiences. I am enjoying the gun. Due to where I live I can’t shoot it as much as I like. I have taken lots of crows a few ground squirrels couple starlings and two rats. Distances from 20 yards to 60 yards. 
1596382974_6107084885f26defe325a75.27218159.jpeg

Great to hear good things about Charlie. He is only about a 1/2 hour ride for me so really appreciate the honesty about dealings with him. He was very responsive when I e-mailed him last week. Just started doing research on his guns. Nice ride down country roads from me to him.

Dealing with someone so close and as knowledgable as he makes a lot of sense to me even if he could not match as low a price as some of the larger dealers. Especially when he can service and tune.

Will get with him in a week or so but that could be a slippery slope...

I got it to shoot pellet on pellet once at 30 yards. Then I unscrewed the shroud for cleaning and now a 3/4” group at 30 yards is my average. That’s shooting of a sandbag rest. For pellets I’ve used H & N Field Target Trophy’s, JSB Hades and JSB Exact Jumbos 

I recently had some issues of a wandering zero. I’ve always sorted my pellets by weight but now I’m actually looking at the skirts.

Sounds to me that you have a clipping issue caused when you removed the shroud for cleaning. You should look to sort that out before spending time sorting pellets.

We were looking for a new gun for my son Alex and at the advice of Charlie Frear, we bought an FC550 with his “tune” included. The tune increases FPS by 50-100fps, depending on the ammo, without turning up the regulator or hammer spring. He simply increases air flow by internally modifying some parts. My son has had it for about a month and absolutely loves it. The FC550 is quiet, is super accurate, is very comfortable and lightweight at 6.5lbs, has a high shot count, shoots almost every pellet and slug well, it is super smooth and the cocking mechanism is almost effortless, it looks great, is easy to take apart and work on and is super reliable. For $965 delivered with Charlies tune included, it’s a smoking hot deal. My son shoots the 18.13 JSB’s at about 940fps and the 15.89 JSB’s at about 970fps. It is ridiculously accurate at 50 and 100yds. If I remember correctly, my son is getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 85 shots from 245 bar to 120bar or so. I hope I’m not over selling it here but for the money, even if it was a lot more money, it has been one of the most pleasant surprises we have had with any air gun purchase. It’s just a great looking gun that is ergonomic, lightweight, and always shoots like it should, where it should. If you have anymore questions, let me know. Or, call Charlie, he’ll tell you the same thing I just did... It’s an awesome gun!

Here are some pictures...My son Alex’s gun, 20 shots at 50yds with 18.13 JSB’s, 20 shots at 50yds with 17.5gr NSA slugs and my son’s shooting at our range.

Stoti

1596417835_15400254855f27672b791ff4.77146001.jpeg

1596417908_9142609405f276774ec5fe6.72698217.jpeg
1596418009_2588780895f2767d9a01035.06363724.jpeg
1596418377_4295258045f276949746aa0.47906489.jpeg

Stoti,

Have some questions if you do not mind. What type of suppressor is on the gun? How loud was it before and after? What type of optics is he using.

As far as accuracy I am sold as those are some good groups. It is a nice looking gun and really like the shot count he is getting. What pressure is his set at? 

Thanks for the great assessment as I was torn between the Benjamin Marauder T&F and the Zboria for a couple hundred more.

Being very new to the world of airguns it is hard to break down what I want and what I need. Charlie is local for me so that is a big plus.

I almost pulled out the credit card for a FC 550 .177 but it looked like I was going to be the guinea pig, as it was a special order model. The plan was to shoot the 16gr JSB close to 900fps. I don’t know if it would have been capable of doing that but I like to dream. I really wanted a Taipan long in .177 since it’s listed on their website to go with my 22 long but I’ve never seen or heard of anyone having one. That’s what made the FC come to mind and the fact they cost under a grand, and they come from the Ukraine. Guys keep up the reports and maybe you’ll see one from me one of these days

i have 2 Kozak's both 22 cal, the 1'st one i purchased new from TalonTunes,it is the shorter one , i believe it is a 180 & i had it hydro dipped in gator ,i actually prefer it over the longer one ,only because i have a left shoulder torn rotator , so the shorter rifles are a little easier to use, the second one i purchased uses from a forum member , they both shoot very well , i love them.

The only cause for pause with the Zboria for me is the uncertainty of getting needed parts. On another forum a person loved his Zboria but could not find any O rings for it.

He said he has been searching for months. That could be a real downer if that is the case. I realize this is a difficult time for all manufacturing but something for me to consider.

That does not take away from the quality of the rifle but an aftermarket issue however still a concern for a possible buyer. It could be that dealers have stocked all the necessary needed parts but something I will need to check out with Charlie.

The only cause for pause with the Zboria for me is the uncertainty of getting needed parts. On another forum a person loved his Zboria but could not find any O rings for it.

He said he has been searching for months. That could be a real downer if that is the case. I realize this is a difficult time for all manufacturing but something for me to consider.

That does not take away from the quality of the rifle but an aftermarket issue however still a concern for a possible buyer. It could be that dealers have stocked all the necessary needed parts but something I will need to check out with Charlie.

O-Rings come in standard nominal sizes either SAE or metric. Just for ease of manufacturing highly unlikely that there are some custom non standard O-rings in the gun. 

By the way. After reading this thread Im seriously considering sending mine to Charlie at GA Airguns. So he can work his magic. Sure wish I’d bought my gun from him in the first place. 

Thanks for starting this discussion and let’s keep sharing our experiences. Both good and the not so good. 👍

Have not met Charlie yet but may slide over next week. If I pull the trigger on the Zboria there is no doubt I will buy from Charlie.

Was out sighting in my new Benjamin 392 in my backyard today and realized once again how nice a good trigger would be. For squirrels, the pumping is not bad even for an old man but that trigger was really hard to get used to. Had been shooting my CZ 452 and what a change. I do want a nice trigger but may want to put the money towards a new gun..

It is indeed a slippery slope..

My Zbroia Kozak will hang right with my FX Wildcat at 50 yards. Making a choice between the two of them based on accuracy would be a wash.

The Zbroia has a little more action noise than the Wildcat, and I did hang a 0DB moderator on it as well. It is not offensively loud, but it is loud enough to alarm the critters in the yard when you take a shot.

You can remove the airtube from the Zbroia without degassing which is a plus if you get to tinkering or modding on it.

I HIGHLY recommend that you make the trip to Charlies and get him to run you through one, maybe even get to shoot one a bit.

The Zbroia rifles punch way above their weight class when you compare dollars spent to performance on target or critter. You could spend a whole lot more and get the same results in my opinion.

Charlie is a good guy, and not known for being a BSer, if he says its raining, its rain running down your back.

Dont get too hung up on the power trip. Out of the box a Zbroia will turn your backyard into a squirrel graveyard. BUT, Charlie has some real mojo with rifles, and he gets crazy performance and efficiency out of them. You cant go wrong eitjer way.

You are ahead of things by knowing that the slope is there, but I am gonna wager you a cold drink that if you get to sit down and shoot a Zbroia, you will be leaving with one.