• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Any tried the nex Evanix Rex pistol or rifle?

zebra

Sep 29, 2015
New York
I just noticed that PA has these new Evanix Rex pistols and rifles in stock. Normally I would have no interest in single shot pcp guns but the Rex looks interesting. The design looks like it would appeal to fans of the AR platform. I like how it looks a lot. I am very curious to hear if anyone bought one and what they think of it. 

It's such a shame they made it single shot and that it is rated as "5-high" on noise. The 9mm pistol puts out 95 ft lb so with a 10" barrel and no moderator, I bet that thing will make your ears bleed. 

The Quankenbush 9mm pistols sold out before they were even made so there is obviously a market for big bore single shot air pistols. Nobody can accuse Evanix of being boring with their designs....

Don't have one but do look forward to trying one out. 
As far as the .357 I know the numbers listed on PA are spot on though I would be most interested in a .22 for light weight hunter.
Cant wait to see if the rifle parts and pistol parts interchange or not, would be great to be able to swap from a 10" to a longer barrel and LOP.

John

"spysir" Don't have one but do look forward to trying one out. 
As far as the .357 I know the numbers listed on PA are spot on though I would be most interested in a .22 for light weight hunter.
Cant wait to see if the rifle parts and pistol parts interchange or not, would be great to be able to swap from a 10" to a longer barrel and LOP.

John
I think there might be better options in 22 caliber personally. The simple Marauder pistol for $350 from Walmart is bargain in comparison plus it's quieter and a repeater. The Hatsan ATP1 or ATP2 too. Even the older Evanix AR6 pistol is probably a better buy as it's a repeater but I guess it depends what you are hunting

The 9mm Rex pistol is relatively unique. I'm a little surprised that PA agreed to sell it. Seems like the sort of product that has the potential to cause problems for air gun owners like the full auto Evanix guns that they stopped selling in 2013. 

It is odd seeing a single shot coming from Evanix. It's like they are going backwards instead of making progress. One minute they are giving us electric machine gun bullpups from the future with double mags and then this.

I can't think why anybody would like single shot airguns. It's normally something that airforce owners say until they get sick of loading pellets and sell the thing. You see more of those things in the classifieds than any other brand. 

it might be theoretically possible to make a single shot more accurate than a repeater but nobody has ever made an air gun that proved that point. Until they do I'll assume that they are just being lazy or cheap. 

Perhaps Evanix just missed the point when they were told that nobody is going to $1800 for their air guns since the Impact came out.

"dodge3500"It's light weight and powerful,looks like it can break down into a backpack.:)
The backpack thing is what's got me tempted. There aren't that many cool-looking PCP pistols. In most cases the definition of "pistol" seems to have been stretched but this one looks like something that could be used almost like a hand gun. Still, the pistol shown on the Ataman website looks to be the most hand-gun-like of all the PCP pistols I have seen and it's a repeater, so I will wait and see.

if anyone gets a Rex, I definitely want to hear what they think of it. There is a chance that I might waive my "no single shot policy" for a pistol but it's unlikely. I feel like I could be waiting forever for someone to bring out a decent 25 cal, quiet pcp repeater pistol. It must be harder than I understand.

If the airgun gods are listening, perhaps airgun Jesus will grant us a short, sub 3lb 25 caliber regulated repeater pistol with a LW barrel, a shroud that is effective and an ambidextrous cocking lever. Plus, it should actually look and feel like a pistol.