• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

ANY THOUGHTS ON THE NEW AIR VENTURI AVENGER WOODEN STOCK ?

I was doing a bit of screen shopping last night and was surprised to notice a new offering by Pyramid Air. An Air Venturi Avenger with a wooden stock. It appears to be quite nice in it's honey color and checkering. They make no mention of the weight of the gun just that it's heavier. They also fail to mention the type of wood other than it's a hardwood. The price is $429.99 which doesn't look to bad against the new $349.99 price of the synthetic version. I knew this had to happen eventually as the gun is just to good not to have a decent stock. I only hope they'll offer the stock for sale separately so those of us, myself included, who've already bought the Avenger can upgrade. 

I would hope they have all the issues fixed on this gun by now especially coming out with a Wood stock version.I’ll wait until I hear feedback. And after the warranty is up I would have to Refinish that stock darker.

Ripper, I hear you, I'm also curious what opinions will be once this version is actually in the hands of customers... and yes, it is a bit on the gold side for me too. At least you wouldn't have to worry to much about scratching it knowing it needed a color change anyway.

I was going to make my own stock but I was holding off to see if they would come out with one. After see the new stock I bought a blank to make my own.

Well, I guess that says it all about your feelings on the new stock. Do you just not like the look or is there other reasons for your decision?

Yea, I just don’t like the look.

Be advised both are now at a $50 and $130 price hike premium and everyone should check to be sure both are indeed the improved models b4 buying especially at their higher selling ptoves since the WOODEN STOCKED DAR Gen2s are NOT jacked up PRICEWISE unlike the Avengers SO IT'S RATHER INTERESTING they have been this price since DAY 1 for $269.95 and $299.95 Just sayin'...

DO PAY ATTENTION TO WHOMEVER AREN'T JACKING UP THEIR PRICES AND JUST WONDER THATS ALL LIKE TRENIER TOO FOR EXAMPLE.

HINT-? HINT-? 

Tony Stark Avenger reference

I was not a fan of the shape of the plastic stock and it looks like the new wood one from AV follows the shape butt and grip shape. 

I started working on a CAD model to cut a wood stock for my Avenger on my CNC 4 axis router.

Just some rough "sketches" to start figuring out how I want the lines to look. I think it will be a great gun with some nice wood on it.

Reactions: whatturn
I was not a fan of the shape of the plastic stock and it looks like the new wood one from AV follows the shape butt and grip shape. 

I started working on a CAD model to cut a wood stock for my Avenger on my CNC 4 axis router.

Just some rough "sketches" to start figuring out how I want the lines to look. I think it will be a great gun with some nice wood on it.

Loren, keep us posted, As far as I know you're the first to set up a CAD program. You may be poised to start selling stock only option..... with quality wood, hmmmm. Sounds like a win win to me, I know I'd be interested.

The stock is purdy. I have always liked the aesthetics of a nice piece of lumber. Just something as comforting as biscuits and gray to me.

I have an AV with the composite stock and even though it sounds like a hollow piece of plastic, I love the rifle. I'm not opposed to hollow sounding plastic, since I put my life on something of the sort for a lot of years. If I were to find one on the cheap, I'd get a wood stock. If I were in the market today for another AV, the original offering wouldn't slow me down a bit. A lot of bang for the buck in them.

While we area on the AV, what is the "part" that everyone talks about but no one names that is so illusive? What are the other mentioned shortcomings? Other than not having a price tag to gloat to my friends over, I find it a pretty good offering. None of my friends are all that impressed with price tags anyway.

The Prom Queen may be shiny, but the girl with the dirt under her finger nails will make you her life.

Cheers

154390268_3708144459306905_4819681642075520674_o2.1619743214.jpg