• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Any thoughts on a FX semi-auto?

I have been waiting for an FX semi auto since 2015. I'm not interested in full auto. But I find I could sure use a semi auto for raccoons and feral dogs and cats and coyotes. My yard is not a wide open space. It is filled with machines, bushes, trees, old farm sheds and new metal sheds. I get short opportunities for quick off hand shots. And with a semi auto I could double my chances of ridding myself of pests that affect my pets, rabbits,chickens pheasants, corralled calves etc, I have seen some raccoons approach grandkids in this yard during the day, especially the young kits that have already become accustomed to neighbor's feeding them. I'm looking at the western arms rifles in .30. I want something I can turn the velocity down and hopefully use the Halo .30 to deliver wound channels to stop these pests without pass through of the projectile to prevent unnecessary damage. I read the western airguns can be turned down to about 500fps. all my shots range from 10 ft to about 70 ft. the .30 Halo's have a large hollow nose cavity and I hope they will mushroom easily and these pests will bleed out as my shots are mostly snap shots off hand.

Reactions: abqjoe
Idk with all These different companies coming out with semi auto guns is there a chance that FX tries semi?
It is called the Revolution. A very, extremely accurate semi-auto rifle. This model is no longer made or available in the USA.
I had one a few years ago and although it was accurate, had a decent shot count, it was the most fiddly and tinker demanding rifle I ever have had. The least little thing would cause it to malfunction, mostly it loved to jam pellets for various reasons.
I sold it with the knowledge to the buyer, you may or may not get one magazine through it before you have to tinker with it.
Most likely why they quit producing it. It was a fantastic engineering design at its basic core, as it used expelled air during the shot to work the action.

Kit

Reactions: Enkey
Reactions: Leveleye
I still have my Revolution, trouble free BUT you need your wits about you or else problems can occur but as I say if you do everything right they are a dream to shoot, easy handling and super accurate, superb balance with the rear mounted bottle.

My friend Ross had a Revolution too. It was a POS as well. Not even AOA could fix either one and after 3 trips back for repair I demanded something be done. That's how I ended up with a FX Royale.

Maybe a bad shipment??, I have no idea, but this is what happened.

My friend Ross had a Revolution too. It was a POS as well. Not even AOA could fix either one and after 3 trips back for repair I demanded something be done. That's how I ended up with a FX Royale.

Maybe a bad shipment??, I have no idea, but this is what happened.

A mate of mine also had one, he ran into the usual problem of stacking pellets in the barrel but this usually is an operator error, his also needed a reseal early on, mine on the other hand has been my go to pesting and target gun, super accurate.
The only thing I would change is the long trigger pull but really doesn't affect accuracy.
The semi auto action has been great for follow-up shots on the rare occasion that it's been required but I have never used it for quick fire fun :).
I might consider an Impact M3 for pesting. As if the accuracy is up with the Revo a semi would not be required.