• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Any success with slugs in your Uragan?

I've been wondering the same thing. I did find this review on NSA website under 30cal 43.8grn, Hope that helps. Also what caliber do you have?

Uragun .30

Shane on Jan 01, 2020

I purchased an Uragun in .30 zeroed in at 50 yards with JSB Diabolo’s 44.75 grain. I’m shooting about 3/4 at 50 yards ...that’s ok, but I’m sure it can do better and I want to stretch out to 100yards. The Uragun needs some tuning and go-to Ammo. Not a lot of pellet choices out there for this caliber.
I purchased the sampler pack from NSA. The slugs are blemish free and they all cycled flawlessly in my Uragun .30 caliber, and they all grouped well at 50 yards. I am looking forward to shooting out to 100 yards soon and that is where the Slugs are supposed to be superior to pellets.
I’ll update my review after my 100 yard zeroing.
Mr. Nielsen is a pleasure to deal with and really knows his stuff. I am very impressed with the customer support.

Yesterday I installed my new DonnyFL Sumo and tested my sampler pack from Varmint Knockers. The Uragan wasn't very loud to start with but boy oh boy the Sumo really, really quiets it up.

I ordered the Varmint Knocker slugs on eBay although you won't see a sampler pack listed. But I sent the seller a message and they told me to just add a note in my purchase that I wanted a sampler pack and to indicate which slugs. I ordered the 31.5, 32.8 and 34 grain slugs and was sent 33 or 34 of each to make a total of 100. Shipping was very fast.

To the right of the image is a small group of the JSB 34 gr. MKII. The Sumo has dropped the group about 1". Then I shot a group of each slug. My target was at 37 yards.

31.5 grain was 3/4" ctc

34 grain was 1/2" ctc

32.8 grain was 3/8" ctc

I'm sure a better shooter would have tighter groups and I'll have to shoot a few more groups, but both the 34 and 32.8 grain slugs showed promise. I'm surprised to see so much horizontal deflection to the right.

Yesterday I was able to test the Neilson slug sampler in my Uragan. My barrel seemed to like the 33.5 grain slugs best, similar to liking best the Varmint Knocker 34 grain previously. And the lighter 29 grain slug did well too except each group had a flyer. I guess the 1/2" ctc isn't bad at 37 yards but I'm comparing them to the single ragged hole I'm getting with the 34 grain JSB MKII's. My goal is to use the slugs for 75 to 100 yard pigeon shots but don't have easy access to a good 100 yard range to see how well they are doing at that distance (at least one where I will have a good, supported rest). But I can shoot at 50 yards here at home so will try that next and see how the better performing slugs do at that distance.

36.2 gr 7/8"
33.5gr 1/2" <-- shot 2 groups, both 1/2"
29.5gr 1.25"
26.8gr 3/4"
38.5gr 5/8"
29.0gr 3/4"

Reactions: 0akhonor
Hi uragan 25 ,, 33g zan slugs,@960 fps but you need to relube these slugs,as the factory cardboard packaging de hydrates the factory lube !! Inuse impeeial sizing die wax, also shoot 59g zans in vulcan 3 (30cal) @960 fps, alao relubed as above,hope this helps, clean your barrel fire ab 20-30 shots to re foul barrel both are true 1 holers @ 40 m

Uragan .177-15gr Nielsen -990fps
.22 - 25gr knockouts - 990fps
.25 - sold - never found the right slug
.30 - 50g knockouts - 880fps
I only use slugs .. no more pellets changes for me . as any other rifle they are not perfect for everyone.. I found for my use they do exactly what I want in every caliber..I feel great not too continue looking for the magic gun ..

Last edited: