• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Any Streamline Shooters Still Out There?

I'm enjoying my Streamline still. These rifles don't get much air time anymore.

I'm just sorta feeling like the only left shooting one. Anyone else still shooting a Streamline?

Mine is.22 and I shoot it on low power quite a bit for more shots since I'm only plinking in my backyard. I do like high power too when I'm shooting 50 yards plus but under that I lob them in on low. It likes the JSB 18.1 grain pellets best. I have a DonnyFL SUMO mounted on the muzzle for hush hush power. Shooting on low power I'll take the SUMO off since it isn't loud. High power the SUMO is needed.

I've taken a few rabbits with it but thats not the normal target for this rifle.

Just curious if there are any Streamline Shooters left or have most people moved on to something else? Streamline users UNITE! Ha ha ha!

1584216272_11871065535e6d38d040c091.25060449.jpeg

My laminated Streamline in .177 loves 8.44 & 10.34 Air Arms pellets. It's my go to squirrel & plinking gun. It's still very accurate, still does everything that it did when I bought it & still looks fantastic. It's also the least expensive caliber to shoot. I'm waiting to see if it will shoot .177 FX Hybrid slugs when they come out. It sure does not like NSA .177 slugs just like Nick warned. 

This is great to see so many satisfied SL shooters out there! I have been real pleased with mine over the past couple years.

I have the longer air cylinder (410mm ?) in hand to swap out with the original one. I am doing this for more air capacity and looks. I also just ordered the riser mechanism for an adjustable cheek rest.

https://www.rapidairweapons.com/xcart/product.php?productid=17739&cat=270&page=1

I am also thinking about trying a different LDC on it. Something slimmer. I’ll see what I think after I install the longer air cylinder though.

thanks for all the pictures too! It never gets old to look at other shooters.

i have two streamlines a 22 and a 25,they are far the best hunting air rifles out there.i shooting the .25 JSB 33.9 pellets at 860fps for 30 shots and it shoots right on every time.low 852 high 862 for an average of 856fps.the 22 shoots spot on also shooting the 18.1 JSBs at 865 over 45 shots and then some.i did however order a 25 dreamline Friday afternoon.all my FX rifles are synthetic stocks.

I guess I'm even older school, and have a Royale 400 in .22. Best I can tell from the drawings and parts list, these are essentially the same rifle, bottle vs cylinder. IMO, it is the best platform in the FX line. It's simple, dependable, accurate, almost never needs cleaning. The newer FX rifles are are big on gadgetry, and great if you like to tinker and clean barrel liners. Mine is a squirrel killing machine with the JSB 18 on high. I might look for a good SL sometime, as the stock configuration of a cylinder gun makes a better woods rifle. 

I guess I'm even older school, and have a Royale 400 in .22. Best I can tell from the drawings and parts list, these are essentially the same rifle, bottle vs cylinder. IMO, it is the best platform in the FX line. It's simple, dependable, accurate, almost never needs cleaning. The newer FX rifles are are big on gadgetry, and great if you like to tinker and clean barrel liners. Mine is a squirrel killing machine with the JSB 18 on high. I might look for a good SL sometime, as the stock configuration of a cylinder gun makes a better woods rifle.

The Royale is the one I wish I had not sold. It’s in good hands now. I still miss it though.

1584572605_5057450985e72a8bdde04c2.73269545.jpeg

Don't feel left out, Greenarrow, you're not the only one still shooting a Streamline, but you are in a rather exclusive club. I'm in there with you owning a .25 cal. with a synthetic stock. FX has discontinued the manufacture of the Streamline after about 1 yr. or 1-1/2 yrs of making them. An estimated 300-500 of them were sold in the USA and the Dreamline kind of took over that nitch after that. So, you might have to search for others who own them and that search might take a bit longer than it would take for those who bought more popular models which were sold in greater quantities than the Streamline.

As you know, FX has currently put most of its emphasis on guns with gimmicks rather than the simple and solid guns of the past like the Royale series. IMHO, the FX Royale 400 & 500 are arguably the best airguns that FX ever made! Solid and accurate, they are hard to beat! I'm a firm believer that keeping things simple is the best way to construct anything! While FX guns like the Dreamline, Impact, or Crown certainly have their followers, I believe that the greater majority of airgun shooters prefer that the guns they buy are ready to go right out of the box and hearty enough to function for the reason purchased. Changing barrels, liners, stocks, regulator settings, etc. might be just what the doctor ordered, for some, but not for most, methinks! Keeping guns simple have the further, and perhaps better, if not certainly a more impacting concern of being able to build them at less cost and thus sell them at a lower price. Getting more guns into the hands of prospective shooters should be an industry objective and that isn't going to happen with new shooters being fed guns that range beyond $2,000 - $3,000! 

Don't get me wrong..........I have more than my share of the high-end guns, but I also have the low-end and middle guns, too. I'm lucky enough to be able to afford whatever I want to buy, but for my money, it's unnecessary to go beyond guns in the $1,000 - $2,000 price range for all the beauty and accuracy I can handle!

Don't feel left out, Greenarrow, you're not the only one still shooting a Streamline, but you are in a rather exclusive club. I'm in there with you owning a .25 cal. with a synthetic stock. FX has discontinued the manufacture of the Streamline after about 1 yr. or 1-1/2 yrs of making them. An estimated 300-500 of them were sold in the USA and the Dreamline kind of took over that nitch after that. So, you might have to search for others who own them and that search might take a bit longer than it would take for those who bought more popular models which were sold in greater quantities than the Streamline.

As you know, FX has currently put most of its emphasis on guns with gimmicks rather than the simple and solid guns of the past like the Royale series. IMHO, the FX Royale 400 & 500 are arguably the best airguns that FX ever made! Solid and accurate, they are hard to beat! I'm a firm believer that keeping things simple is the best way to construct anything! While FX guns like the Dreamline, Impact, or Crown certainly have their followers, I believe that the greater majority of airgun shooters prefer that the guns they buy are ready to go right out of the box and hearty enough to function for the reason purchased. Changing barrels, liners, stocks, regulator settings, etc. might be just what the doctor ordered, for some, but not for most, methinks! Keeping guns simple have the further, and perhaps better, if not certainly a more impacting concern of being able to build them at less cost and thus sell them at a lower price. Getting more guns into the hands of prospective shooters should be an industry objective and that isn't going to happen with new shooters being fed guns that range beyond $2,000 - $3,000! 

Don't get me wrong..........I have more than my share of the high-end guns, but I also have the low-end and middle guns, too. I'm lucky enough to be able to afford whatever I want to buy, but for my money, it's unnecessary to go beyond guns in the $1,000 - $2,000 price range for all the beauty and accuracy I can handle!

Ha ha! I am no longer in the Streamline club. It was a fantastic rifle but I fell in love with the shorter guns especially the bullpups. Since my original post (03/2020) I picked up another Royale 400 in gray laminate like the first one I had. I'll be keeping my Taipan, the Royale and my cobbled QB78 on air for my pcps. The thing that makes the Royale the keeper over the Streamline was the bottle that holds more air and better fit to me.