Any Regrets? (Airguns you wish you hadn’t sold)

About 15 years ago I had a nice FWB 103 that I enjoyed shooting. As the years progressed, it became apparent to me that a single stroke pneumatic 10 meter pistol would be undesirable and merely a curiosity. Something to be pulled out from time to time when not shooting PCP pistols.

The darned thing was in perfect condition and I happened to find a very decent fellow who lived within driving distance who was interested. We struck a deal and off he went with the beautiful 103.

It wasn’t too long after I’d sold it that I really started to regret my decision (sound familiar?), so I kept attuned to all the classified sections of the firearms forums I frequented at the time. And Lo! after a few years of periodically searching, another FWB 103 in beautiful condition came up for sale at a reasonable price. I very quickly pounced on it and have no plans of ever selling this one.

And thus the cycle has been completed.

I had two Sheridans I bought in 1976 when I got back from my first tour in Korea. I wish I had never sold those. Since then I have not sold one gun. I have sometimes given them away or lent them out. I had an R10 that I lent to my brother. It died. I regret that. I had a BSA Lightning .25 spring (not a GRT) rifle that I gave to one of my sons. He gave it away. I regret that. From now on it is, "from my cold dead hands".

Last edited:
A Daisy long barreled carbine I bought when I was 8 years old with some pop bottle money I saved and delivering buddies newspaper routes while they were on holiday. Looked basically like a Red Rider Carbine No111 Model 40, but with this odd color paint. Like silver metallic with a squirt of bronze in it? I sold it a couple years later, saving for the Crosman 760 Powermaster variant 1 I still have. Bought it the summer of 1970, maybe a month or so after it was built and shipped. I still haven't seen another one like it anywhere?
redrider40h.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Pneumatic-Addict
7 years later and I am totally twitterpated with my new (old) acquisition.

End of story

-Michael
It is not often one truely feels twitterpated, it’s a magical feeling. I bet when you hunt with that rifle you feel like the prince of the forest and I bet it’s a real thumper.
In all seriousness, that’s a great story with a fairy tale ending. 😉

I’ve passed on a few good one for sure; Diana 54, Webley tracker walnut stock, HW97 K .20 cal, Feinwerkbau 102, crosman 6500 (Anschutz 335) but the one I regret the most was a Feinwerkbau 300s universal in perfect walnut left hand stock that I sold for a friend. I wanted that rifle so badly but it was just not a good time for me financially. I still talk to the current owner once a year or so. He is still on an airgun forum I frequent. I hope to buy it from him some day. Packing that rifle up and shipping it off was a real kick in the pants. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to sound whiny! I recovered from that crappy time. I have more rifles then I need But that feinwerkbau still haunts me a fair bit.