RWS Any reason a barrel can’t be drilled & lined from .177 or .22 to .25?

I asked before and barrel swap on a R1.
I’m wondering about a 54 or 56th converted to .25
Talk to Hector Medina on the GTA - he would know the process.

Reactions: JamesD.
so, could it be done maybe
a FX .25 caliber 600mm long barrel liner is 110 bucks at Pryamyd Air
now you have the liner but the barrel ID will have to be sized to the FX barrel OD and a lathe would be your best choice but could it be done on the D54 without removing it first, more than like not so that would have to be addressed
now how is the liner going to stay in place epoxy or chill the liner and heat the barrel and make it fit like a steel sleeve in an aluminum engine block and of course they use nitrogen to freeze the sleeves

so, could it be done YES, will it cost a lot of money YES, will your end result be great, well we are waiting here from you on how it turned out

the bottom line is, it is an idea but not a good one but hell it is your idea

frankly the cost would equal or exceed the price of a new barrel. Our barrels are very small diameter wise for the most part as they do not need to contain pressures in the 30-60 thousand psi range unlike powder burners. I won't get into all the details as it does get complicated
I’m willing to pay 1500 for the right springer so I sure wouldn’t mind paying for a barrel and work to convert my R1. It’s getting to the point where it might be easier because they’re hard to find.
I know airgun pressure doesn’t near even the 17K of .22LR. That’s why I asked

can i suggest something
instead of reinventing a gun just buy one that is already .25 like the Hatsan 135 nice walnut stock very good reviews 300 bucks and you add a rifle to the herd and they do come in .30 caliber
now there has been Diana model 48 and 52's made in .25 caliber one sold last month for a very good price but to find one would be part of the fun
i am not aware that a 54 has ever been made in .25 but the 56 was made in .25 in it's short production period

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/hatsan-135-qe-vortex-air-rifle?m=3976#7592

all i have i am going away now

Reactions: JamesD.
can i suggest something
instead of reinventing a gun just buy one that is already .25 like the Hatsan 135 nice walnut stock very good reviews 300 bucks and you add a rifle to the herd and they do come in .30 caliber
now there has been Diana model 48 and 52's made in .25 caliber one sold last month for a very good price but to find one would be part of the fun
i am not aware that a 54 has ever been made in .25 but the 56 was made in .25 in it's short production period

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/hatsan-135-qe-vortex-air-rifle?m=3976#7592

all i have i am going away now
I have a 52 .25 that’s amazing and tuned. Sorry but I will never own a Hatsan. I specifically want a high end nice .25 break, and I’m a lefty. I’m more than willing to get my R1 converted. Thabk you though for the thoughts.

Reactions: SteveV
well order a Lothar Walther barrel and fine a smith to do the work all it takes is money
Is it truly that simple? The block the barrel is pressed into is what’s in question.
I have a .25 HW barrel/block on a 95. I have a Cometa 400 barrel/block. As you stated I can buy a LW, a HW from Chambers and I think John Thomas is going to get me a barrel and block to convert it.
Yeah I wouldn’t want to attempt to mar anything at all on it in a conversion.
I appreciate the time anyone takes to reply. I’m not upset easily nor offensive so no harm. Sometimes texts get misconstrued or taken out of context.

sorry Frogy i forgot to get your permission to return but i had another idea if i may
would a .25 HW90 fit the R1 with a cocking linkage change
and sometimes with more thought you come up with a different idea about a project but i have 2 now one is the project the other is you
If you have a .25 HW 90 for sale please let me know. Gas ram is not my first choice but, who knows.
Whoever beat me to the .25 RX2 with Leopold in PA is lucky because I would have paid 1500 with the Leupold.