Any real reason to not buy a AAA slayer in 357? - part 1

Yep, I am aware the item is very pricey, but what are the alternatives? FX? - no, other small bores pumped up to try being big bore? - look at the power output and for the relatively similar amount of coin. AEA? - Do I seriously believe the chinese can produce a comparable unit to the slayer even if using uigher labor? I'm NOT saying they are. but , even hypothetically, they did. can a platform at 1/4 the price yield near the reliability or quality of the other? That leaves the Ataman series and the benjamin bulldogs- both very reputable. Just a bit rough on the performance usually leading to a pimped out bulldog for 1750 or Ataman- regulated shots but nowhere near the power output. Am I wrong anywhere?

Thank you in advance for your feedback brothers!

Personally I don't need multishot capability with big bores so I chose a Texan 457 and if I was getting a 357 I'd do the same. However for the power your talking about with a magazine you are correct it's probably the best option. I kind of like pimped out bulldogs tho. To each his own I guess. If money is just burning a hole in your pocket and you love the AAA I'm not going to talk you out of it. 

Reactions: IndyDurtdigger
@rangur1 Have you looked at the RAW HM1000X .357? Not sure how it compares, but I’ve had my eye on their rifles for a couple months now. Although I’m not sure how the two rifles compare, RAW has a decent reputation from what I read and have been told.

My concern about the Slayer would be the wait time. I don’t know if anything has changed since last year, but just before I saw this post I was reading a thread where a member in Botswana (I believe) commented and said he placed and order and hadn’t received a response regarding his order. He said he placed his order 14 months ago and his post was dated around this time last year. That’s a long time to wait and I’m not sure of all of the details, but it would be my primary cause for concern unless something has changed. 

Aside from the wait time I might look at a .35 FX Impact. But personally I’m a Bulldog kinda guy. I do own an AAA Evol in .30 and like it so if the Slayer is built and performs similarly, seems like it would be a good gun to have. I really think it boils down to how you intend to use the gun. 

You are pretty close to the price of a Pitbull, how long do you want to wait for it?

Also what do you want to use it on? Many states have decided on minimum calibers of 40 or 45 and or minimum power of 400fpe for big game, some states do not specify and some are no airgun for big game.

As far as quality goes, you would be buying basically a custom crafted rifle, quality is probably pretty high. Bulldog is just mass produced, even Pitbull still uses most of the chassis.

Reason not to? You got the cash? Then go for it! All these are toys and the way I look at it is if I can afford it and I want it and I've got my other finances and such squared up, that's reason enough to get it. 

Now a bit less 'literal' answer for you.

I have had several different guns in .357 and have gotten rid of some. 

M10 that I converted to .357... powerful and accurate, just got tired of it and sold it off. 

Career lever action. Another that didnt get the love that it deserved and so sold it to a fellow who had been looking for one and he was happy

AEA Max... I didnt shoot this one long. I got it to try to quell the urge for an Impact in .35. It didnt. Got the Impact the following week. Seemed good for the price, though. Sold it recently.

Bulldog worked over by Brian at Veradiumair. Beastly gun with great accuracy and loads of power. Keeping this one for hunting. 

Impact... for what I use it for, I love it. It's a bench gun for me for some plinking (thumping) and the occasional unlucky chipmunk that runs across my range. It does seem a little 'fragile' for taking out hunting, but that might just be because I baby it because it was $$$.

Havent had a Slayer so cant comment.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
If one is going to hold a man to account, then both parties should agree on the terms. Only then does the wronged party have standing for action. As for waiting on a order that you know is going to be a while, there's nothing wrong with a bit of a wait, if you can handle it. Because it sounds like you want to buy a Slayer, I'd buy the one 357 Slayer that is in stock and enjoy the quality and craftsmanship that Tom puts into them. Mine shoots NSA 142 grain slugs with MOA accuracy long range at 980 fps and produces over 300 pfe. At 200 yards out the slug it is still pushing over 800 fps and 200 pfe. It is an accurate, magazine fed, well engineered industrial strength bullpup. It is a Slayer.

• Wow
Reactions: Ezana4CE
If one is going to hold a man to account, then both parties should agree on the terms. Only then does the wronged party have standing for action. As for waiting on a order that you know is going to be a while, there's nothing wrong with a bit of a wait, if you can handle it. Because it sounds like you want to buy a Slayer, I'd buy the one 357 Slayer that is in stock and enjoy the quality and craftsmanship that Tom puts into them. Mine shoots NSA 142 grain slugs with MOA accuracy long range at 980 fps and produces over 300 pfe. At 200 yards out the slug it is still pushing over 800 fps and 200 pfe. It is an accurate, magazine fed, well engineered industrial strength bullpup. It is a Slayer.

There is no question that effort and quality are put into the product. No disparaging there. But do you really believe these guys were told it would be 1.5-2 YEARS wait on these guns prior to paying? Seriously doubt it. 6 months is a wait, 18-24 months plus with full payment made is not. 

It's not available from my understanding, but if it were, I would want one of these from veradiumair.

1.1651380973.JPG

I've always wanted an xp airguns 38 special. That seems to be a raw power type gun. I love the guys over there too. They seem to truly have fun and take pride in making American airguns. Thier 82 caliber is a freaking beast. All thier calibers push the limits of power for the exception of the badger. That one is powerful but not crazy power. 300 plus fpe on a 40 cal isn't bad. 

if you want a 357 order a Taurus or Bulldozer Fro. Brian At Veradium Air. My Taurus Shoots 185G slugs at over 960fps producing almost 400 fpe . I can stack slugs out past 275 yards ( furthest I shot it. Gun is insanity.. So accurate.. so dang powerful. No other 357 out there can compete.

20220820_134219.jpg