• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Any positive feedback on portable compressors

I am doing some research on portable compressors in here and most of them seem to be negative. I was really looking into the spark and the nomad2. I have a gauntlet and plan to get more pcp guns. Also wanted to know if you could fill big bore guns like the Air Force Texan with the nomad 2 or is that not possible. I do not currently own any tanks. Any help is appreciated. 

I have the Benji version. It has worked well for both direct gun fills and tank top offs. The pump has a timed shut off, so it takes 3 sessions to top up from 3000 to 4250 psi on my 30 min scba tank. My Mrod and Kral Puncher Breaker take less than 8 mins to fill, my Kral Knight 500 cc bottle took 17 mins to fill (added a dry filter to the system, that alone takes 2-3 mins to bring into pressure.)

The 12v operation does not use your car battery...it uses the car alternator. You must run the engine or risk killing the battery.

The wall power pack has a 110v/220v switch that cause some users to think they aren't working right. 

I have a Nomad 2. Got it late last summer. Did not use during the winter, but it has had heavy use otherwise. I keep a log of my fills to keep up on the maintenance. I have 170 fills on it for my Marauders (215cc) and Daystate Regal (162), both small tanks. I have not had any issues at all filling my guns with the Nomad 2. However, when I got it I noticed the air gauge on the Nomad was not "calibrated" to any of the gauges on my guns. I contacted the Vendor I purchased from (and they are closely associated with Air Venturi) and they sent me a new gauge immediatly and that one is calibrated with my other gauges. I should be getting a Red Wolf (>400cc) soon and that tank is more than double the size of the Marauders. I will see how far I can get filling that air cylinder running the Nomad 2 in 10 minute intervals. Good luck!

Looks like a big bore Texan has an 490ish cc air tank/cylinder. I think a smaller pump will work. The Nomad 2 will fill a Marauder (215cc) from low to high (3000psi) in about 4 minutes. Same to refill my Daystate Regal (162cc) to 3500psi or 250bar. I am going to try to fill a Daystate Red Wolf when I get it and that cylinder is about 500cc, which I think is equivalent to your Texan. I was told by the Daystate vendor (who also sells the Nomad) that it will be fine. I think I can fill it in 12 - 15 minutes, but will stop the fill after 10 minutes and let things cool, then resume to top off.

That Omega Trail compressor looks pretty good too! Downtime without PCP air is a drag so maybe I will get one for a backup. I have a large carbon fiber fill tank that I was taking to the scuba shop every week where they filled it for $15. Took me an hour to drive there, then wait and drive back. Then they would shut down some days due to excurcsions and it got old fast. So a compressor is very nice. I can fill my current rifles in the time it takes me to load 3-4 magazines (10 pellets each).

Good luck and let us know what you end up with and how you like it.

I can tell you about my spark compressor. Put it through heavy use for 8 months then the motor shaft broke. Contacted Hatsan, got a RMA, payed the shipping and they sent me a new Spark. Through the winter the new Spark didn’t get used but to fill a gun once a month. Now after using the Spark to fill a 480cc bottle about 15 times the motor poop the bed. I’m gonna contact Hatsan to see what can be done, but I do not expect much. 
all I can say with my experiences with the Spark is to not buy it. 
Butch