Any opinions on these type compressors?

Mine works fine. Use it as intended and it will last quite a while. Fill guns direct, pass on the scba tank fills. Never start them under pressure and let them cool between duty cycles.

They do not compete against a Young Heng, but they are drop dead simple and portable without extra water mess.

The pump CAN go to 4500 psi....but it will last a lot longer if you don't make it go that high. Few guns can store 4500 psi....so again, fill guns. Do not use it to fill bulk storage tanks (especially at 4500 psi)

When you have free air at home, there is no need to push to the ragged edge.

I have had one for about 3 months and after getting the 12V converter replaced at no charge (they sent the part) it works fine for what it is. Filling a 500cc bottle or less on your gun no water or oil to worry about. My Krals will got to 250 bar (3,600 psi) and I fill to around 235 to 240 bar from 100 bar takes 5 to 10 min. I also have 2 SCBA tanks I got for free which is nice when hunting but if you are just a home shooter these are the way to go for sure. At this price I don't get why people are still buying hand pumps. 

Like @JimNM said don't fill tanks and don't over use or abuse them. If you are going to fill your guns every day or many times a day you may want to get something more just like a contractor is going to use a Dewalt and not a Ryobi but for light to medium use I also think they should last a while. I was impressed with supplies and general quality of mine.

Compressor2.1628550878.jpg

Yeah, I'm envisioning running into the house from the backyard and topping off my Marauder from 1,600 to 2,500 psi about 2 or 3 times an hour. 

That is such low pressure (I am going from 1,600 to 3,500 by contrast) that should fine except the manual says to replace the filter that absorbs the moisture after about 15 cycles mine came with a bunch and you can get more on Amazon. Again I think it really depends on how much you use it I only need to fill a few times a week and a few times an hour lol!

I shoot almost everyday and use the GX compressor ( Amazon) with 50 hrs of service before recommended rebuild. All rebuild parts supplied. 

All I do is top off guns so maybe 2 - 3 minutes of use per day.

I periodically change the water separator when it gets wet, dry the old one and reuse a few times. 

I just want to shoot and recharge and not have to stand on my head to do it.
20210809_192532.1628552126.jpg

I shoot almost everyday and use the GX compressor ( Amazon) with 50 hrs of service before recommended rebuild. All rebuild parts supplied. 

All I do is top off guns so maybe 2 - 3 minutes of use per day.

I periodically change the water separator when it gets wet, dry the old one and reuse a few times. 

I just want to shoot and recharge and not have to stand on my head to do it.
20210809_192532.1628552126.jpg

Marley, would you provide a link to a specific GX compressor that you would recommend, please?

I had the orange compressor and it worked great for 7 months then the bolt that holds the piston rod snapped. I never filled past 250 Bar and it was used about 4 times a week. I contacted the seller through Amazon after 7PM and they responded within the hour and asked for video of the issue (I provided pictures). They then responded again (the seller not Amazon) about an hour later offering me a full refund which I had a day later. I did try replacing the bolt and it worked for 3 top offs and broke again. They now offer a newer digital version which I asked the seller about and bought one it does have a different mechanical connection for the piston. Two weeks in with the new compressor hoping for at least another 7 months.
20210720_175954.1628595876.jpg

I did have the GX CS3 PCP Air Compressor, It only lasted 3 weeks and the .25 cal Avenger Killed it, The company said it would fill to 4500, I ONLY FILLED TO 4000-4200PSI. now have a 

TUXING 4500Psi Pcp Air Compressor,Double Cylinder High Pressure Pump,Adjustable Presssure,Air Rifles Paintball Tank 110V(TXED012) and i love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! had it 1 month

What I've read oiless and no water for cooling means they only last about 20 to 30 hours

I have the same compressor in black that I purchased from Vevor. So far its been working well to top off my avenger to about 4000psi.

After every few runs, I turn it upside-down, and with the vent open and the compressor running, I dribble some silicon oil into the inlet screen which can be seen through the vent slots in the bottom of the cabinet. If some of the silicon oil ever finds its way into one of my guns, it shouldn't do any harm. 

I did purchase a complete tuxing compressor rebuild kit off Aliexpress to have on hand just in case. 

Interesting that your personal experience with these compressors was so unfortunate. Readings posts about water-cooled oil-lubricated Yong Hengs and oil-less compressors like this one indicates that these compressors last as long as they are being used in the manner they are supposed to be used. If you run them non-stop, over the temperature, do not maintain them, abuse them...they will fail. Not unlike running your car or any mechanical machinery. Also, if you do not follow the guide and start/stop with maximum inert pressure inside and you break a piston rod, etc -> it's always less embarrassing to blame the manufacturer.

I was at a outdoor range several months back and a gentlemen had one of those units or similar to it, and he had to walk out to the parking lot open his hood start his car, fill his gun come back take 20 shots, go back open hood start car and repeat. Seemed like it was way more trouble then it was worth. Plus it was raining, and while everyone else was dry and staying under the cover of the shooting line and refilling from bottles or ammo boxes, he was out messing with cables getting soaked and did not look like he enjoyed it. He finally stopped I think after the 3rd-4th refill when the compressor seized up on him or shorted out from the rain. That is when I decided to bite the bullet and save to get a bottle and a better compressor.

6.8l 4500 PSI bottle is $290 shipped with valve and fill station. If i remember right this should fill a average air gun up like 30-50 times depending on your air cylinder and pressure rating. A 9 liter bottle will refill my diana bandit I think it said 160 times, that is around 3,200 shots from it and that was only $330 shipped. Spend a afternoon filling a bottle and then have a quiet easy way to get more refills then you need for any single outing or in my case that will last weeks worth of shooting. Or wear and tear on a compressor every other day or multiple times per day and possibly your car also. Do you want to spend the majority of your range time filling or shooting?

Yong Heng new model is $249 shipped, add a 4 year extended warranty for 6 full years of warranty was $60 so $310 total Amazon will fix or replace or refund me full purchase price within that 6 yrs if anything goes wrong with it and pay for return shipping and all that. If I could of afforded it I probably would of went with a $500-$600 v-twin type compressor. But I think the yong heng will do and if it lasts me 6yrs I'll consider it worth every penny.