• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Any opinions on these type compressors?

Interesting that your personal experience with these compressors was so unfortunate. Readings posts about water-cooled oil-lubricated Yong Hengs and oil-less compressors like this one indicates that these compressors last as long as they are being used in the manner they are supposed to be used. If you run them non-stop, over the temperature, do not maintain them, abuse them...they will fail. Not unlike running your car or any mechanical machinery. Also, if you do not follow the guide and start/stop with maximum inert pressure inside and you break a piston rod, etc -> it's always less embarrassing to blame the manufacturer.

Interesting that a thread titled "Any opinions on these type compressors"? makes you the judge that your personal experience is a requirement for someone to offer an opinion to his post. Nobody who owns one of these units likes to read that their compressor has a poor reliability history. There are many premature breakdowns with negative posts on this forum about this compressor. Next time I'll check with you to see if it's ok to express my opinion, as the OP requests in the title of this thread.

Interesting that your personal experience with these compressors was so unfortunate. Readings posts about water-cooled oil-lubricated Yong Hengs and oil-less compressors like this one indicates that these compressors last as long as they are being used in the manner they are supposed to be used. If you run them non-stop, over the temperature, do not maintain them, abuse them...they will fail. Not unlike running your car or any mechanical machinery. Also, if you do not follow the guide and start/stop with maximum inert pressure inside and you break a piston rod, etc -> it's always less embarrassing to blame the manufacturer.

Interesting that a thread titled "Any opinions on these type compressors"? makes you the judge that your personal experience is a requirement for someone to offer an opinion to his post. Nobody who owns one of these units likes to read that their compressor has a poor reliability history. There are many premature breakdowns with negative posts on this forum about this compressor. Next time I'll check with you to see if it's ok to express my opinion, as the OP requests in the title of this thread.

You personal opinion based on what you read here is valued... It has even more value if you present it in a balanced manner by caveating with some common-sense maintenance and user- requirements.

Pronouncing in a matter-of-fact manner a service-life of max 20-30 hours sure sounds impressively low...without any of the caveats mentioned. Afterall, would you run a Yong Heng with low-oil and/or water for 24 hours straight? The same goes for the oiless compressors: you get out of it what you put into it. If you treat it like crap you will get crap in return. 

These units are meant to be used for short durations of 5-25 mins, not to exceed 0.5 liters capacity in most cases, not to be started/stopped under full load, and a few drops of silicone oil lube every 4-5 sessions. They fill a niche for those who need it. More portable than the Shoebox or the Yong Heng, with a trade-off of the mentioned limitations. 

Reactions: bandg
Your personal opinion based on what you read here is valued... It has even more value if you present it in a balanced manner by caveating with some common-sense maintenance and user- requirements.

-- That, gentlemen, (in my opinion), is how one should express their thoughts and opinions everywhere, otherwise, you're just telling one side of the story. Well put fe765. And it may not be an Alkin /Bauer/Colti... but for the price and the niche that it fills, it is a great compressor.

I see nothing wrong with Humdinger's post whatsoever. This is not the 1st nor will it be the last forum regarding these and other similar types of compressors. For everyone saying that they got 8 months worth of use out of one with no problems there are at least as many people who report it only lasted 2 or 3 fills before problems arose. As I see it, question asked, question answered. As always, YOUR mileage may vary.