Any one done business with DLeget ?

Reason I ask is he is offering a R5M for sale to me, I don’t see it in the classifieds. His price for gun is about right but he has several stocks for it that are way out of wack price wise, says he paid 425.00 each form edgun west. He only has two posts that I can find, joined in Sept. and now seems upset that I don’t trust him. Any one know if he’s legit or un-legit ? I would like the gun, but something just don’t seem right. 

Main thing not a new member without lots of meaningful posts and has a lot of good accuracy and lots of positive posts in the seller feedback section when name searched feedback and seller references you can verify yourself 100%.

Everyone needs to get ripped off at least once to learn from it in life though IMHO...

I can honestly say that I learned a lot...

That is why I sell items post paid.

I let the buyer tender payment once he/ she has it, although, normally, I would only sell merchandise to those who are trustworthy.

I had a big scare when one of my buyers did not acknowledge the arrival of the item, a pristine laminate stock (RFC), that I sent to him. Turned out he was out of town. Fortunately, it was not stolen while being left unattended.

I also wonder why some buyers/sellers do not care to share their cellphone numbers, as it’s only natural that both parties be attentive while the transaction has not been fully consummated yet. 

Never been burned yet, lol!

https://www.airgunnation.com/members/dleget/

His profile page if you are the detective personality.

His Profile Name (DLeget) and user name (DLeger) don't even match. Not a huge deal but yet another sketchy detail.

I always found out if the person gets mad because you’re concerned of them being legit when you don’t even know them, then they usually are scammers.Personally if I was selling something and somebody wanted to see any kind of proof or wanted my phone number, I would give them all the information they needed.

Truth...

I wouldn't recommend to do so. Just my instinct. I've been there before from Craigslist and eBay experiences. It's very hard for air gunners to do legit online transaction nowadays due to too many of those scammers keep seeking opportunities. If you don't trust it then don't do it. I was thinking to post something to sell in this forum but I'm still too worry due to my past bad experiences. Good luck and be extra vigilant.

@isFun Why would you be worried if you are the seller of the item in classifieds? You don’t ship until you have the money (PayPal, cleared M.O. or check). The risk is on the buyer in this case. He pays and then prays - that you send the purchased item. I don’t see any risk to the seller he has control of the transaction and the buyer’s money.

Hey Ghoststalker, 

Not to snipe your thread, but I was considering moving on with mine if you are looking for an R5M. It's in 25 cal with the grey laminate stock upgrade, not sure what caliber you're looking for. Shooting Kings/Hades like a laser at 930 currently. Will come with the green carry case, three mags, and fill probe. I ordered from Brian about 8 months ago. PM me if you're interested. If not, that's cool too. See below pick:

Edit: Forgot to add that I replaced the EDMU gauge with a WIKA and like it much better, just wanted to add that in there.

IMG_20200405_152834.1606156939.jpg

If you're worried about it due to red flags, the easiest way to find out if someone is a scammer is to ask them one simple question: Are you a scammer?

If they say yes, then obviously they are a scammer and the case is closed.

If they say no, then that is of course something that a scammer would say in order to trick you, so they must be a scammer.

Either way, just trust those red flags that you had from the beginning. You had them for a reason. Walk away.

If you're worried about it due to red flags, the easiest way to find out if someone is a scammer is to ask them one simple question: Are you a scammer?

If they say yes, then obviously they are a scammer and the case is closed.

If they say no, then that is of course something that a scammer would say in order to trick you, so they must be a scammer.

Either way, just trust those red flags that you had from the beginning. You had them for a reason. Walk away.

That’s funny, but true

Hey Ghoststalker, 

Not to snipe your thread, but I was considering moving on with mine if you are looking for an R5M. It's in 25 cal with the grey laminate stock upgrade, not sure what caliber you're looking for. Shooting Kings/Hades like a laser at 930 currently. Will come with the green carry case, three mags, and fill probe. I ordered from Brian about 8 months ago. PM me if you're interested. If not, that's cool too. See below pick:

Edit: Forgot to add that I replaced the EDMU gauge with a WIKA and like it much better, just wanted to add that in there.

IMG_20200405_152834.1606156939.jpg

I bought a laminated blue stock that I intend to use, but it is for a long.