N/A Any new compact bullpups coming out?

Haven't really been following airguns much anymore. Shoot my Evol Mini and Notos quite often still but still might want a small bullpup. Kinda miss my Taipan Shorty as it was a fun little gun. Not sure if there's anything new coming out with Shot Show and IWA being recent? My guess would probably be nothing but maybe I missed something.

Reactions: Dogowsky
Edgun Leyla 2.0 is compact in my opinion. Under 60cm/ 24 inch. But it's not the latest IWA product

The only way I’ll ever miss my Veteran shorty is when I pass from this earth! What great little powerhouse. I bought mine used 7 years ago and I have never had to do a thing to it but clean the barrel from time to time. You should have kept it. To answer your question though, I’m not aware of any of the high end manufacturers coming out with anything new. If I were to buy another compact though, I think I’d get a Krait.

Edgun Leyla 2.0 is compact in my opinion. Under 60cm/ 24 inch. But it's not the latest IWA product
I have a irrational need for this…

Yeah, definitely not...new, but it is short !
My first PCP rifle. 2-1/2 or 3 years ago. Still have it, still works fine.

Mike

You've read of the RAW Micro and mini-hunter correct? Personally love to have one but if on a dairy farm even more so.

Should you ever have business in Colville there is an airgun retail store where you can check one out.

John
I like the micro hunter and the fact that it’s a 200 bar fill I like it even more

You've read of the RAW Micro and mini-hunter correct? Personally love to have one but if on a dairy farm even more so.

Should you ever have business in Colville there is an airgun retail store where you can check one out.

John
Saw the mini hunter just a few days ago and it's quite interesting to see a traditional stocked rifle so short.

I haven't see it at a dealer who ships to the US but SPA has a P35X announced and I've seen it at dealers in Europe. It wasn't a lot higher in price than a P35 - so much less than a Caiman or other high end gun. They added a 60cc plenum and a longer barrel - so it will probably be closer to 30 inches now. Still pretty short and power will be up. My 22 caliber P35 came shooting at 30+ fpe so I would expect at least upper 30s with the P35X. Should handle 25.4 grain just fine. My P35-25 has a smaller add on plenum than this and is tuned to about 50 fpe. So a P35X-25 might get to 60 fpe. Also has a wood stock.

So nothing new really. I figured. As mentioned above it seems everybody is going the 3ft barrel route and high power instead of the compact barrel route. Except for RAW I will say with the Micro and now Mini. Cool guns and if I didn't have an Evol Mini I'd definitely be interested in the RAW Mini. And Brocock has a few compact carbines as well. But seems the compact bullpup has gone away besides a few older ones. Now all newer bullpups it's minimum 500mm barrel or longer and heavy. Give me a good bullpup with a 350mm barrel. Like the new compact carbine rifles that have all come out recently. Do that but in a bullpup. Some of us pest in tight spaces where a low powered compact bullpup would shine. Basically I'm kicking around getting a higher end replacement for my Notos. It has never let me down but I know it won't last forever. I'd also prefer not to pay $1500 for a compact and lightweight gun that can shoot accurately out to 25yds and maybe 15fpe max.

So nothing new really. I figured. As mentioned above it seems everybody is going the 3ft barrel route and high power instead of the compact barrel route. Except for RAW I will say with the Micro and now Mini. Cool guns and if I didn't have an Evol Mini I'd definitely be interested in the RAW Mini. And Brocock has a few compact carbines as well. But seems the compact bullpup has gone away besides a few older ones. Now all newer bullpups it's minimum 500mm barrel or longer and heavy. Give me a good bullpup with a 350mm barrel. Like the new compact carbine rifles that have all come out recently. Do that but in a bullpup. Some of us pest in tight spaces where a low powered compact bullpup would shine. Basically I'm kicking around getting a higher end replacement for my Notos. It has never let me down but I know it won't last forever. I'd also prefer not to pay $1500 for a compact and lightweight gun that can shoot accurately out to 25yds and maybe 15fpe max.
Well I have the Brocock Ranger which is my high end Notos if that helps. With the transfer port I can go 14-17 foot pounds not that I do but u can. Oh also Airmaks Katran Compact i like mine

Last edited:
Reactions: Dairyboy
I like the idea of a fx 300mm bullpup

I tried looking up the length of the Taipan Veteran Short and found a reference that said it is 25.75 inches long. The Caiman is 575mm long or about 22.5 inches long. It has a 400mm barrel. I went with the Caiman X that has a barrel over 500mm long (and is 695mm long or about 28 inches). I think the Caiman length includes the moderator it comes with but I will need to measure my Caiman X when it arrives to be sure I know what the specification includes. Now if the barrel was 50 mm shorter I guess you could get it down to closer to 20 inches but bullpups under 30 inches seem pretty compact to me. A less expensive option capable of 18-19 fpe in 177 is a P35 (or P15 if you prefer). About 27 3/4 inches with a 450mm barrel. About 5 lbs weight. Mine are a bit longer to give me the length of pull I want and to let me put a moderator in the shroud but they are still about 30 inches long. My P35-22 is over 30 fpe and my P35-25 is about 50 fpe.

Well I have the Brocock Ranger which is my high end Notos if that helps. With the transfer port I can go 14-17 foot pounds not that I do but u can. Oh also Airmaks Katran Compact i like mine
I'll need to look into the Airmaks line, seems like they have some compact ones. And yes the Ranger would be perfect direct replacement for the Notos, but would prefer bullpup. We'll see.
I like the idea of a fx 300mm bullpup
Yeah just make them able to use a short barrel in the bullpups like the carbines.