Any Love for the Yeoung Heng Compressors?

I have two of them, one for each location where I live and no problems at all. I can pump up my Great White tank from 3000 psi to over 4000 psi in about 12 minutes and vent for water after about 5-6 minutes. I only run 12-14 minutes at a time and then cool down, I only use 3 gallons of water for cooling and it only gets warm, not hot. I also use a 8 inch fan blowing on the compressor to further aid in cooling the parts that are not water cooled. The piping and cast iron first stage get plenty hot and benefit from the fan breeze. I had a Shoe Box before that and was a lot slower, but worked OK. Finally it needed overhaul as it would not pump over 1500 psi and for me it was just easier to get a Yong Heng and the reviews on the Internet are very positive.

How do you tell which model to get from Walmart? And biohazard, what’s the gold filter you have in line going to gun. I know nothing about these but need to get one. Thanks

Hopefully BH will see your question and give his answer. That gold thing is an inline filter/dryer, often Tuxing brand. Mine is black and is a Diablo brand. Some have just cotton inside but many pack them with dessicant beads to dry the air charge prior to entering the gun. Also, I believe you can see the stock small YH filter, that uses a cotton filter inside, sitting just below his gold fiter. Many use them inline as a "prefilter" and I do that as well. I have dessicant beads in my Diablo also. I believe if I were doing it again I think I would buy one of the double gold filters, also Tuxing brand I believe. Seems they sell for between $250 and $300. They have built in drain petcocks at the bottom of each and look like they would work very well. Maybe someone with actual experience with those will post opinions.

This is the one I bought recently. You don't want the auto-cut off model or the simple model. BTW, mine didn't have "Yong Heng" printed on the side but it did have the manufacturers plate and is otherwise exactly as depicted in the photos.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Yong-Heng-exclusive-authorized-Air-Compressor-Pump-Electric-High-Pressure-System-Rifle-110V-30MPA/788946267?athcpid=788946267&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVAV&athieid=v0&athstid=CS004&athguid=ecea6c3c-006-17430d00e8b2b6&athancid=null&athena=true

I got the $389 one too, after having heard the same stuff that idoc was saying. Arriving sometime today.

Is the $389 the one where you set the pressure (not to be confused with the auto shutoff) or the hardback/hard cover?

It is arriving before 9 p.m. PST supposedly, but I haven't gotten it yet. I'm not sure I understand your question, but when I get it, maybe it will become clearer to me.

I'm not sure I understand your question, but when I get it, maybe it will become clearer to me.

Sorry. I probably wasn't clear, because I'm still getting a feel for these myself. As I understand it, there is the Starter Edition, the Hardback Edition (sometimes I see this one called the Hard Cover), the Automatic Stop (as I understand it this one just automatically shuts off before exploding beyond maximum pressure), and then the Set Pressure Edition where you can actually set the stop pressure.

View attachment 1598578853_2490635515f4860a56bcc16.72375803.jpg

The Yong Heng reminds me of my first car—-a used 1959 VW Beetle (for $70! The year was 1971. I was 16.)

Anyone familiar with those early Beetles know they ran on air cooled 4 cylinder engines. Simply engineered. You could take it apart and put it back together in an single afternoon.

The Yong Heng is similarly designed and constructed with very simple parts—-anyone with a wrench (and average intelligence) can fix her. 

I found this Note in a Chinese fortune cookie:  "A wise and thoughtful man is he who treats Yong Heng like new born baby. He see little crying and know lasting long life!"

:)

PEACE TO MY BROTHERS IN AIR!

Has anyone tested that warranty? To me it depends on whether you can return it to the store or have to pay for shipping to who knows ware. I've been looking on the sight and it looks and it doesn't look good. The one with the warranty option is 399 so your paying more from the start. I hope I'm wrong because mine is making a noise and want the basic model, use one and tinker with the other.

I wouldn't call it love, LOL!

Barely acceptable means I put up with it and cross my fingers every time I use it that it doesn't break. #1 lesson so far is checking every possible place in the system of hoses and lines from the Yong to the tank. Last time the gauge started leaking. Before that it was the bleed valve on my tank leaking, before that there was a leak on the Gold filter where the top threads onto the main body, before that........

I wouldn't call it love, LOL!

Barely acceptable means I put up with it and cross my fingers every time I use it that it doesn't break. #1 lesson so far is checking every possible place in the system of hoses and lines from the Yong to the tank. Last time the gauge started leaking. Before that it was the bleed valve on my tank leaking, before that there was a leak on the Gold filter where the top threads onto the main body, before that........

My fingers must have been soundly crossed for 3+ years. My Yong Heng just died. Seems it was some sort of electrical component failure. In those 3+ years of use I replaced one failed gauge.