N/A Any love for the FAS 604

i have read enough from FAS 604 owners on different forum that the pistol is one you would want to get if you have a chance
and most of them that have had and or been able to shoot the 604 say the quality of the 6004 is not the same
for us that have not been able to find or afford a FAS 604 the FAS 6004 will have to do but for the most part they have come and gone and only used guns will be what we find
i have 2 FAS 6004
one with Rink grips and one i just got that had been taken apart, the trigger group was out and the grips were gone but for a 130.00 plus tax and shipping it was a steal
had the extra grips and it needed one pin that i made

so if you have a chance to buy a FAS 604 i would do it 100%

Reactions: Modski66
I often wish I hadn't parted with my FAS604, that I once held the national record with in NRA Air Pistol Silhouette. I tied the record with a 39/40, actually turning the chicken that didn't fall! Had I caught a few thousandths more of that chicken I would have been the first to shoot a perfect 40/40. 🤬

Regardless, the 604 was a real gem!

Managed to find the pictures I took when the grip arrived and was fitted.
SAVE_20240415_173947.jpg
SAVE_20240415_173937.jpg
SAVE_20240415_173907.jpg

The pistol has a very nice action and nice design features.
Having the opening lever to the side of the receiver, allows for the sights to sit further back, increasing the sight radius, sitting where the hammer normally sits on other similar models.
The sights are also very lower profile, virtually flush with the top lever and the gun sits low in the hand, improving looks and handling. A real lesson in design aesthetics that sadly the HW75/45 did not follow, making them look ungainly and too tall in comparison.
Trigger can be outstanding once you have mastered the adjustment.

Wished it had a touch more power. You can crank it up a touch but not much more than 20 fps.

Last edited:
The pistol has a very nice action and nice design features.
Having the opening lever to the side of the receiver, allows for the sights to sit further back, increasing the sight radius, sitting where the hammer normally sits on other similar models.
The sight she are also very lower profile, virtually flush with the top lever and the gun sits low in the hand, improving looks and handling. A real lesson in design aesthetics that sadly the HW75/45 did not follow, making them look ungainly and too tall in comparison.
Trigger can be outstanding once you have mastered the adjustment.

Wished it had a touch more power. You can crank it up a touch but not much more than 20 fps.
I managed to get the fps on my 604 up to around 410 following your advice (sort of) on the 6004. It was running around 365 when I got it, so I added three layers of 0.1mm aluminium tape to the piston head and fitted new piston and breech seals.

Yes I got approx 40 fps from the mods I did. Most people with limited skills could probably manage the seal mod for about 20 fps, but It really depends on the quality of limits you get from the outset in regards how much you might get with seal packing.
I noticed this with the cheaper Beeman 2004 when compared to the HW40. The piston head being exceedingly close to the valve bulkhead on this model, and usually 20-30 fps up on the HW40 and often reported tougher cocking.