Any long distance -AirGun "VOTING" members at the Folsom Shooting Club?

I just sent in my "NON" voting membership and payment to the Folsom Shooting Club in hopes that after 1 year, I can become a "VOTING" member.

A voting member has access to Range #12, the 1000 yard range. A non voting member has to invited to range #12 by a voting member.

I wonder if there are any AGN member who hold the elite VOTING membership and would invite me to shoot 600+ yards at range #12.
I would also like to practice shoot at the silhouette #6 range if possible.

I'm in San Francisco and willing to drive 2 1/2 hours to shoot over 400 yards if possible.

Are there any real long distance airgun shooters out there?
Rod in San Francisco

How much is a non voting membership? Do you have to invited to become a non voting member?

Sounds like you got a step in the door! One year from now you will be in another step!

Allen
Allen, the senior(60+age) non-voting membership is only $100 per year. No invitation is needed to become a non-voting member. If you remain a "upstanding" non-voter member for 1 year, you can apply for a voting membership for the same $100 senior fee. As of recent, there are about 1100 voting members out of the 2000 maximum allowed. I will be 68 buy the time I'm eligible and hope to have all my brain cells intake to shoot long distances.

• Haha
Reactions: Healthservices
How much is a non voting membership? Do you have to invited to become a non voting member?

Sounds like you got a step in the door! One year from now you will be in another step!

Allen

Voting membership does not cost more but does have additional requirements mainly around annual volunteer hours.

Here is the application form with the requirements: https://www.sacvalley.org/about/membership/

@rodjava, no one is going to invite you to private range and wait while you shoot. I've said this before: It's best to join the matches and there are a ton on the calendar and do NOT require membership at all then make some friends with similar shooting schedule and interest. Only other way is to wait and put the volunteer work. One good thing since you live far is there is a camp ground at the range for members and special events, you just have ask.

Reactions: Healthservices
Voting membership does not cost more but does have additional requirements mainly around annual volunteer hours.

Here is the application form with the requirements: https://www.sacvalley.org/about/membership/

@rodjava, no one is going to invite you to private range and wait while you shoot. I've said this before: It's best to join the matches and there are a ton on the calendar and do NOT require membership at all then make some friends with similar shooting schedule and interest. Only other way is to wait and put the volunteer work. One good thing since you live far is there is a camp ground at the range for members and special events, you just have ask.
Qball,
Thanks again.
Yes, I have sent in my non voters membership as well as aligned myself with the Sloughhouse Long range shooter group. I even plan to volunteer on their next match on Jan 21. Since neither of my long range guns have the sub sonic velocity at the 600 or 1000 yard electronic targets, In addition, I won't be able to shoot at their match because I shoot tethered.

I was somewhat hoping to practice -benchrest- long distance shooting with a voting member at range #12. One who is already planning the same practice shots at a distance I am also capable.

I will put in my 1 years time as a non voter as well as join clubs that have matches at ranges #6 and #12. Then apply for a voters membership after 1 year.

My only other option for practice long range shooting is a 3 1/2 hour drive to public range San Luis Obispo. It's 2 1/2 hours to the Sac range.

Rod

Reactions: qball