Huben Any issues or problems with Huben gk1 please share your experience

my GK1 also has a slow leak (about 100Bar over night), but i am not sure how to check from where it is leaking. i have tried some silicone spray on the check valve screw and around the power adjuster, but i can't see any bubbles so far. i wonder what are the other places and ways to check them? before i dismantle it further (for which i will have to degas it). thanks for any hints and help.
You can insert the probe and check it with some soapy water to see if any air is coming from there quite easily.

Dave

Reactions: grouch-o
my GK1 also has a slow leak (about 100Bar over night), but i am not sure how to check from where it is leaking. i have tried some silicone spray on the check valve screw and around the power adjuster, but i can't see any bubbles so far. i wonder what are the other places and ways to check them? before i dismantle it further (for which i will have to degas it). thanks for any hints and help.
There's a brass screw under loading gate. Mine was leaking from there. There's also an o-ring below that screw. Granted, I used that screw to degas my GK1 once or twice before it started leaking. So this may not apply to yours. But it can't hurt to check.

This has been very helpful as well. Found leaks in my leshiy 2 and my FX with this.

thank you all for your hints and tips.
You can insert the probe and check it with some soapy water to see if any air is coming from there quite easily.

Dave
tried this first and could so detect any bubbles.
There's a brass screw under loading gate. Mine was leaking from there. There's also an o-ring below that screw. Granted, I used that screw to degas my GK1 once or twice before it started leaking. So this may not apply to yours. But it can't hurt to check.
checked this as well, and could not see any leak.
Find a thin walled container , fill with water, take off the shroud, submerge pistol, if the gun is leaking from fill port you will see it. Get new parts from Kelly if cleaning the parts does not work. That’s what I did.

i did this as well, first with about 120bar, which seemed to be quite stable. no bubbles. then i increased the pressure in the tank to 350bar and again could not detect a leak in the submerged parts of the gun. unfortunately the pressure is leaking in about 2hrs, the pressure sunk to almost 300bar again.

so, i guess the leak is elsewhere and before i degas and maybe take the gun apart further. i wonder what else i can check AND HOW!?
This has been very helpful as well. Found leaks in my leshiy 2 and my FX with this.
i do not have any such substance, but i guess it would not help at this point either. i am hesitant to just submerge the rest of the gun, besides the part that i already have under water. my experiences with PCPs is still pretty low, so i don't know if that is a good idea.

so unfortunately, i still need more tips and hints. thank you kindly.

i have found a leak now. it is around the pretty scratched looking (straight from the vendor) closing valve.
i also got a message from the vendor, who said that from 200 guns they sold, 2 have been leaking, they also recommended to watch Gregor K.'s disassembly video to find out more to check or to send it back for them to fix it and i think i will do that, because i think on a new gun no parts should be this scratched and broken out of the box.

can't upload the bubbly clip here, for some reason.

update: while writing, i got a response from the vendor, who will send me a new part with new o-rings for me to try fixing it. if i can't i can send the gun back for repair.
2024-04-14 19.58.24.jpg
2024-04-14 19.58.19.jpg

I'm about to join your little GK1 club... 😆

➊ So, is anyone selling sets of o-rings yet?

➋ Does anyone have a list of the required o-rings...?

Thanks! 😊
Matthias
No 'kits' available yet that I saw.

Which prompted me to order a bunch of orings. You can find the orings in the gk1 manual, has a parts list in there. But some really odd sizes for sure.

El orificio n.° 4 de mi v3 se rompió. Es difícil verlo en la foto, pero el orificio está defectuoso. Por supuesto, no es un oring que esté incluido en los repuestos y tiene un tamaño realmente extraño. Será divertido volver a pescar/asentarse.

Estoy pensando en empezar a tener estos anillos Huben de tamaño extraño en la tienda.

Las v1 todavía se mantienen fuertes.

View attachment 455677
Hola,
¿Cómo te diste cuenta, perdía aire por ahí?.
Saludos.

I had a annoying leak that I just fixed. Well 2 leaks. It would drain from 5000 psi but hold air once it got to 4500psi over a couple days. Changed the airguage and it's oring... Couldn't hear the tiny leak anymore but it did the same thing. Finally, I lubed up the air assist pin and oring also the o-ring on the brass screw and tighten it down pretty good. Fixed the leak! The brass screw tightened down puts pressure on the o-ring making it tighten on the pin. This better seal...

Also I had a bunch of yellow gunk on the air tubes threads I had to clean off. And the inside smelled like super glue. I'm sure it was safe, just weird. I disassemble every new gun I get to make sure ther safe.

Last edited:
i have found a leak now. it is around the pretty scratched looking (straight from the vendor) closing valve.
i also got a message from the vendor, who said that from 200 guns they sold, 2 have been leaking, they also recommended to watch Gregor K.'s disassembly video to find out more to check or to send it back for them to fix it and i think i will do that, because i think on a new gun no parts should be this scratched and broken out of the box.

can't upload the bubbly clip here, for some reason.

update: while writing, i got a response from the vendor, who will send me a new part with new o-rings for me to try fixing it. if i can't i can send the gun back for repair.
View attachment 455461View attachment 455463
That peice looks like it's been fiddled with a bunch. Sucks fixing a brand new gun. For the prices we pay Dealers should just be ship the replacement and pay for the return shipping of the defect one.