Huben Any issues or problems with Huben gk1 please share your experience

I've experienced 3 jams with my V1 so far (followed by the usual airdump). And I currently don't even shoot it all that often. Not sure what's wrong... it happened with different ammo. A Zan .254 slug, a JSB King and a JSB King Heavy. It seems rather picky when it comes to ammo.

The jam always occurs right where the mag meets the start of the barrel. I'm not very happy about this honestly. The Leshiy 2 also shoots straight from the mag into the barrel, as did my SK-19 (when I still had one), and neither of them ever jammed.

Don, please check the diameter of the pellet at the skirt. It must be greater than .250" and nominally , in the case of JSB pellets .260". it is the slight chamfer at the rear of the magazine's bores that retain the pellet from moving forward. It is the chamfer that prevents the pellet from moving forward prematurely causing a jam. Never try to seat the pellet by forcing it more forward than that chamfer during the loading process.

Anyone deal with a leak on here? I just pulled my GK1 out and it was completely empty filled her back up and I have a constant leak coming out of the fill port.
Any suggestions on what could be the culprit or how to address?
Thank you in advance
Have you received or found an answer?
I have the same exact issue. I shot a few mags. Then I refilled it and it's leaking air from the fill port

I have the same exact issue. I shot a few mags. Then I refilled it and it's leaking air from the fill port
Without tank disassembly, the cause will not be known. However, I have experienced a similar leak on one of my PP700SA pistols. In that case, it was a blown out O ring at the fill valve screw. This O ring seals from the tank air pressure pushing on it . The O rink acts like a check valve opening when the filling pressure exceeds tank pressure. In my case, the leak was caused because the anodizing around the O ring hole flaked off and damaged the O ring.. I recommend just changing that O ring. If it fails again look closely at the O ring sealing surface. If that surface is indeed damaged, you will either have to exchange that tank end cap or lightly reface the hole surface with a very sharp countersink tool.

There's a video out there that addresses the issue that occurs in the fill probe area, looks super easy and about a 5 min job. I was about to do this fix then I decided to check my fill probe o rings and found one was nicked causing a fill leak. Fixed the o-ring but this time I lubed up the fill probe with diving silicone and inserted into the port and filled. I haven't had a leak since then.
If your in Facebook there's a Huben Gk1 owners group thats very helpful

Reactions: Wauzoo
Hi everyone. I've encountered a problem with my GK1 and don't know how to fix it.
I've filled the GK1 to 350 and dry fired it. It dumped all the air out the barrel. Magazine rotates freely. Safety can't be engaged anymore. No filling possible. Goes out the barrel. Any advise would be much appreciated.
Remove the back plate on the receiver. Remove the spring and buffer and you will see the striker. Push the striker in with an Allen key or something similar.

*Found the video:

Last edited:
Reactions: grouch-o
Remove the back plate on the receiver. Remove the spring and buffer and you will see the striker. Push the striker in with an Allen key or something similar.

*Found the video:

What is it that causes the striker to not latch. I'd like to avoid it.
My apologies if this question has been answered before.

Today I had my 1st glitch,....but I think I know what happened.

I was shooting my Shorty, ( btw I'm so much more accurate with the shorty then with the standard shooting offhand )
Anyway, I fill to 300 BAR take 6 shots end at 200 BAR where I refill.

On one round on the 3rd shot it sounded much different and continued to do so to the 6th shot, Strange, lokked at the pressure and it was 100 BAR.....what happened !?!?

then I remember that as I was loading the EunJin one of them was really, really hard to chamber took quite a bit of force and various attempts ( EunJin pellets are known not to be very uniform and have some pretty bad ones occasionally )

So you experts, what do you think ?.......Me, I think the second shot was that bad pellet and forced the gun to use a ton of air having the next 4 rounds shooting at a pressure I never shoot at, what do you think ?

Btw shot several sequences after that and all was back on par to usual.

What is it that causes the striker to not latch. I'd like to avoid it.
My apologies if this question has been answered before.
Maybe debris in the receiver chanel which prevent smooth motion; it has not come up yet. Broken spring and chaffing buffer (the plastic bit) have been seen but without much in the way of reduced functionality.
A stronger return spring _might_ be better but me personally I haven't gotten round to trying this out yet - this would entail lots of testing in various conditions (to confirm safety and low pressure operation and power output etc.).
The striker part is (I think) designed too short; the edges might dig into the channel walls if/when it tilts. It either needs to be longer, or to have a two-piece telescoping guide rod at the back (which would prevent tilting).

Last edited:

I was shooting my Shorty, ( btw I'm so much more accurate with the shorty then with the standard shooting offhand )

On one round on the 3rd shot it sounded much different and continued to do so to the 6th shot, Strange, lokked at the pressure and it was 100 BAR.....what happened !?!?

then I remember that as I was loading the EunJin one of them was really, really hard to chamber took quite a bit of force and various attempts ( EunJin pellets are known not to be very uniform and have some pretty bad ones occasionally )

So you experts, what do you think ?.......Me, I think the second shot was that bad pellet and forced the gun to use a ton of air having the next 4 rounds shooting at a pressure I never shoot at, what do you think ?

I think it might also be possible that the cylinder accumulates dings - some chambers might be slightly more elliptical than others. Maybe it is also possible for a bigger pellet to coincide with a dinged chamber (assuming this can happen).

Last edited:

Sounds like you’re right. The pellet caused the valve to stay open longer, wasting more air.

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
The GK1 is pretty darn close to perfect, but I had to repost this as this seems to be the most common issue that should not be an issue,

To me here is the #1 not so good thoughts on the GK1, Youtuber's whom mislead people that the GK1 is as reliable for slugs as it is pellets. What they always show is crazy accurate rapid fire first with pellets, then they end their videos with some power shots cranking the FPS to get say 6 steady shots of 900-1200 FPS with a heavy slug going through a 1" board at 100 yards, or a a brick, or a watermelon, or ballistic gel, etc. Then people whom never shot the GK1 or read the threads to learn that is not really intended for slugs. Sure you can shoot slugs but you need to be so careful on the type of slug, how you seat them and what loading gate you use, and careful not to tip the pistol down/up to unseat the slug, etc. You never see Youtuber's rapid fire slugs magazine after magazine. That is because it would likely jam, I shot 2800 rounds with 75% of those rapid fire and still in the black, try to do that with slugs, and I doubt you can without a jam. The GK1 even with an amateur shot like myself can hit the bullseye every time at 25 yards. I bet you field target guys whom shoot pistols more often and with more skill can do that at 50 or more yards out every time, heck there are people shooting tin cans at 100 and 200 yards with the GK1, but you do not see anyone doing crazy rapid fire with slugs do you?

Now you have me not want to use my Eun Jins😅.
Maybe I'll try sorting and see if I can spot the really bad ones..

Buenas tardes.
He estado usando en mi 22 GK1 el moderador Huma MD 40 avalancha y la precisión era de 10, por un tiempo he usado el moderador huben (pequeño) porque hace menos ruido que el Huma ya que lo tenía en la caja y no lo había probado y puedo decir que si, hace menos ruido pero la precisión se va al traste sobré todo cuando cae la presión por debajo de 200 bares, si curioso pero cierto, no se dónde estará el problema y no es de alineación ya está comprobado, es un defecto que Huben tendría que hacérselo mirar y dar una solución y se que no soy el único con problemas con el moderador huben shadow.
Saludos.
Por supuesto pruebas realizadas en Banco con visor 12x y munición correcta.

Last edited:
Reactions: grouch-o
There's a video out there that addresses the issue that occurs in the fill probe area, looks super easy and about a 5 min job. I was about to do this fix then I decided to check my fill probe o rings and found one was nicked causing a fill leak. Fixed the o-ring but this time I lubed up the fill probe with diving silicone and inserted into the port and filled. I haven't had a leak since then.
If your in Facebook there's a Huben Gk1 owners group thats very helpful
my GK1 also has a slow leak (about 100Bar over night), but i am not sure how to check from where it is leaking. i have tried some silicone spray on the check valve screw and around the power adjuster, but i can't see any bubbles so far. i wonder what are the other places and ways to check them? before i dismantle it further (for which i will have to degas it). thanks for any hints and help.