Huben Any issues or problems with Huben gk1 please share your experience

I owe a Huben gk1 and I would like to know all the issues and problems the world is having with there guns to have a place were we can solve and be transparent about things that happen to the gk1 I had to take my gk1 apart because of a jam and it caused a air dump the problem was the pellets was to big I was using lead free gto pellets other than that I read in the directions that if you drop it can go off with the safety on to fix that I put 16 instead of 17 in my .25 caliber and line the blank hole with the barrel just in case of a miss fire it would not feel good to get shot my a pell pistol as powerful as the gk1 but all In all great gun love it just want a place for each person experience hacks mod and malfunctions please be helpful and try not to be rude everyone answer is valid thank you

IMG_0546.jpeg

So far the only issue I've had is with slugs that don't fit tight enough in the magazine. I have not had any jams because if I can't spin the magazines a couple complete revolutions without a slug getting hung up, I empty the magazine and don't even try to shoot them. The .254 slugs from NSA do work and actually group pretty decent at 20 yards. I did change the loading gate to one of the flip up models to make loading easier. Other than that, no issues thus far...

Like all things, nothing is perfect. Neither is the GK1. It is never-the-less, excellent in so many ways. I am very happy with mine. I must state that first. Many of the reported faults with the gun are not faults and are self induced problems. This occurs because most new owners do not understand exactly how it works. I'll name a few. The broken lever issue while loading, the use of slugs in the magazine and the bent firing valve recoil spring. Most, if not all are user created issues. There are other things that could be better and I suspect with continued popularity, they will surface and be addressed either by the after market or Huben itself.

I have just discovered a design fault with the moderator adaptor. It functions as a shroud clamp and a mount point for a moderator and it is not possible to do that and maintain barrel to moderator bore alignment. This is not possible because all threads require some running clearance to operate. Typically all threads are 75% engagement. The barrel to adaptor and adaptor to moderator are not exceptions. Consequently alignment reference must always be some sort of register. In the case of the adaptor to barrel, it is the perpendicular face of the barrel in the case of the moderator , it is the flat perpendicular face of the adaptor flange that mates with the rear face of the moderator. The problem occurs when tightening the adaptor. It will either tighten against the shroud or the barrel face, but it cannot do both. Default is the shroud, but the shroud is not square to the barrel. In a perfect world, it should be, but in the real world it is not. aggravating this issue further, the flange face of the adaptor should be slightly proud of the shroud, but on my Version 1 and my Version 3, the flange face is slightly recessed from the shroud. So the moderator when tightened clamps against the shroud canting the adaptor, which causes clipping in the moderator unless very excessive bore size is used.

I don't have the problem with mine while using a moderator. My moderator is only 3" long and 1" in diameter, so maybe it short enough and there is a large enough ID in the moderator so there is no clipping, but it works great for me and there is no POI shift when shooting with ot without the moderator. My moderator is 3D printed, so if there was an clipping it would become very apparent very quickly because with the power the GK1 produces, it would probably destroy the moderator if the pellet came in contact with any of the internal components.

It is easily detected if you have a precision .250" rod turned down to .247" (Land diameter) for 2" on one end. When placing the rod through your moderator bore and into the barrel and observing the rod's position in relation to the moderator bore, misalignment is very easy to see. Unless you have this testing rod, you may never know if you have this issue.

No issues with clipping here with a 4” moderator. The bore of the 3-D printed insert and end cap are not oversized either.

I’m thinking a metal washer would solve the problem if you had a shroud that was out of alignment, and your moderator was aligning to the shroud.

Update: i’m back home and checked the gun out closely. The face of the adapter extends a hair’s width past the shroud so that the LDC snugs up to its face. It’s so close that they basically look even.

Last edited:
No issues with clipping here with a 4” moderator. The bore of the 3-D printed insert and end cap are not oversized either.

I’m thinking a metal washer would solve the problem if you had a shroud that was out of alignment, and your moderator was aligning to the shroud.

Update: i’m back home and checked the gun out closely. The face of the adapter extends a hair’s width past the shroud so that the LDC snugs up to its face. It’s so close that they basically look even.
My barrel and shroud appear to be even when holding a metal straight edge across the shroud. The precision rod test that Steve mentions above, is a very accurate method that I've used in the past. It revealed, fortunately, that my GK1's bore/mod alignment is good. I'm using the Huben mod.
I too wonder if the barrel's insertion depth may contribute to the apparent variable differences between guns. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: windowtintz

The metal washer itself is the immediate work around, but in my case was not enough. I then used a stone and put a small cant to one side with this washer, but then had to rotate and index this now offset from parallel washer to compensate for this cant.

Maybe grounds for a return?
I first reported this fault to the dealer in Spain where I bought both guns. They said I should report this to Huben as he is only a dealer and can do nothing. I replied that he represents Huben as a dealer and it is his responsibility to report this fault. I do not yet have his reply. Once I received his first message, I used his link to the Huben website and there is no way to contact anybody through it to report my issue. I then tried to register as a customer, which I did and then tried to deliver a comment, but there is no submit button and I have no idea if my message has reached anybody.

I first reported this fault to the dealer in Spain where I bought both guns. They said I should report this to Huben as he is only a dealer and can do nothing. I replied that he represents Huben as a dealer and it is his responsibility to report this fault. I do not yet have his reply. Once I received his first message, I used his link to the Huben website and there is no way to contact anybody through it to report my issue. I then tried to register as a customer, which I did and then tried to deliver a comment, but there is no submit button and I have no idea if my message has reached anybody.

For the factory misaligned treads, I already have come with a simple solution. Making a whole new silencer aligned with the slide or the tank is no good, because the barrel may also be not perfectly straight, and the way the adaptor press on the slide only agravates the problem.

My solution will give us, poor souls that have a GK1 with misaligned treads and barrel, a moderator that solves the problem, and it's gonna be free for the ones of you (4 people) that have purchased my incredible loading gate + custom silencer 3d thing.

Once I record the instuctional video, the free add-on will be online, you still need my custom silencer to use it, no commercial variants for the moment cause I don't think it's even possible with other models.

Possible that the issue is the adaptor? Which one do you have? Was it supplied with your guns or was it from Ares? I have the ares and use a Dfl Tanto and no such issues.

Like all things, nothing is perfect. Neither is the GK1. It is never-the-less, excellent in so many ways. I am very happy with mine. I must state that first. Many of the reported faults with the gun are not faults and are self induced problems. This occurs because most new owners do not understand exactly how it works. I'll name a few. The broken lever issue while loading, the use of slugs in the magazine and the bent firing valve recoil spring. Most, if not all are user created issues. There are other things that could be better and I suspect with continued popularity, they will surface and be addressed either by the after market or Huben itself.

I have just discovered a design fault with the moderator adaptor. It functions as a shroud clamp and a mount point for a moderator and it is not possible to do that and maintain barrel to moderator bore alignment. This is not possible because all threads require some running clearance to operate. Typically all threads are 75% engagement. The barrel to adaptor and adaptor to moderator are not exceptions. Consequently alignment reference must always be some sort of register. In the case of the adaptor to barrel, it is the perpendicular face of the barrel in the case of the moderator , it is the flat perpendicular face of the adaptor flange that mates with the rear face of the moderator. The problem occurs when tightening the adaptor. It will either tighten against the shroud or the barrel face, but it cannot do both. Default is the shroud, but the shroud is not square to the barrel. In a perfect world, it should be, but in the real world it is not. aggravating this issue further, the flange face of the adaptor should be slightly proud of the shroud, but on my Version 1 and my Version 3, the flange face is slightly recessed from the shroud. So the moderator when tightened clamps against the shroud canting the adaptor, which causes clipping in the moderator unless very excessive bore size is used.
As a follow-up to this, I finally was able to contact the Huben factory yesterday of this issue and I have received an acknowledgement. We will see what, if anything this brings..

As a follow-up to this, I finally was able to contact the Huben factory yesterday of this issue and I have received an acknowledgement. We will see what, if anything this brings..
What does the adapter you were using look like? Maybe you already posted this… I think there are at least three different adapters out there. i’m unclear on the details