• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Any input on the Diana RWS 460 Magnum?

The RWS 460 is a fine rifle. It's heavy powerful and accurate. It has one of the best if not the best trigger in the industry. It's a good rifle for stand hunting but it's a bit heavy if you are going to carry it all day long. Cocking effort is a bit Stout but if you're a young person it's not going to be a problem. I would not buy the rifle in 177. In 22 caliber from the factory mine was around 22 ft lb at the muzzle. I had it tuned by John in PA to about 18 and a half foot pounds that tamed it somewhat and mine will generally shoot about 2 minutes of angle. Basically it will put all of its shots on a dime at 25 yards. And that is saying something most Magnum spring rifles won't do that. And yours from the factory probably won't either. It is an exceptional rifle and at a good price point. If you're looking for a hunting rifle I would highly recommend it. If you're looking for a bench rifle or a plinking rifle I would not recommend it and I am an enormous fan of Diana rifles. I wish Diana made the rifle in a 25 caliber. I'm sure you'll get various opinions. I hope that's helpful.

I have one. I like it but you have to learn to deal with the recoil to shoot it accurately. If you are impatient you will give up. Once you learn to shoot it it's very accurate. If you are new to springers I would suggest that you don't get a magnum springer for your first gun. I went that route and gave up on springers for years. I strictly shot shot PCPs for a long time.

It has been some years sinse I had my hands on one of these big boys. Cant say what if any improvenents have been made since I handled one last, but they used to have a big kick (recoil) that was difficult to tame. While they were big on power, accuracy was quite difficult to get control of. As I said, not sure ifvit has been tamed a bit or not. They are also a big rifle, hope you are a big guy!!

If memory serves, you better look for the threads on Scam sites since I think airgunon.com is one of them. You might also reconsider because the deal between RWS and Diana ended a couple years back, RWS is no longer a distributor of anything from Diana and unless it's used or new/old stock, there should be no more RWS branded anything, including that 460, from anyone.

Posted this in your other thread but will here too:

If memory serves, you better look for the threads on Scam sites since I think airgunon.com is one of them. You might also reconsider because the deal between RWS and Diana ended a couple years back, RWS is no longer a distributor of anything from Diana and unless it's used or new/old stock, there should be no more RWS branded anything, including that 460, from anyone.

Posted this in your other thread but will here too:

Thank you for this. 

That is one of the main reasons I joined here. Looking to get into my first non off the shelf airgun and not sure what to get or go.