• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Any impact owners lefties? Is the cheek rest movable?

I really liked the look of the wildcat but it doesn't seem lefty friendly with that mag right where ones cheek would go. I saw the impact has a cheek rest on the left side for right hand shooters and I noticed holes where I'm assuming the screws are holding in place, has anyone tried to take it off and secure it to the right side of the gun?

"Txboy"I'm left handed and it doesn't bother me much. It looks like it can be modified. The mag is in the way and the cheek piece would have to be notched out for that. A whole new cheek rest would probably need to be made. I think Fx will probably come out with something for it but for me not really a big issue.
What kind of material is the cheek rest made of? A hard rubber or plastic I could drill and cut away. I mean even if it was aluminum I could take the Dremel to it, but if there's any kind of cushion I don't see it going well. It's not a deal breaker for me but for the price it would be nice to swap over that cheek piece. It doesn't even look like it would have required much of a design change on their part for it to have been implemented in the first place. Little things like that make a big difference to a relatively large part of the community, I was driven away from the wildcat because it looked like it would be uncomfortable to shoot.