• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Any Hatsan Lightning repair technicians out there?

SUBSCRIBE-

https://youtube.com/c/TuxingCN

Subscribe to These guys too so you canbv have some music to listen to while fixin' Yo! Compressor-

https://youtu.be/loKqHFV5o2M

https://youtu.be/f2p0xrY4CMs

Thanks Odoyle, After watching the video's I forgot about any problems I ever had. Awesome AC/DC rendition. 

Jking

English isn't even her first language (She is Ukrainian).

This is just some of the music that I listen to during the daytime and while sleeping to keep all of the voices in my head at bay just autoplay my playlist much better than leaving the TV on like I used to for years.

Lots of recent New cover sung groups sound better than the originals IMHO.

Notice my AVATAR?

This ones a little different-

https://youtu.be/RbM7Wlv9exE

https://fsharetv.co/movie/ghostbusters-episode-1-tt1289401

https://fsharetv.co/movie/ghostbusters-episode-1-tt0087332

Augie thanks for all the good info. Hope you get out of the hospital soon. Worked as a special operations medic and a air medevac medic before I retired. My daughter and her husband are doctors, but even as much time as I spent in and around the medical field and in the hospital myself I hate being in the hospital as a patient. I feel for you, hope you are out of there soon.

So far have not been able to get a reply from Tuxing after numerous emails. I can find some parts on their website but am not sure which ones will fit the Hatsan Lightning. Really think this compressor would be an easy fix if parts were readily available. Hatsan will work on it if I send it in but does not have extra parts for sale. I have been looking at the Alkin W31 but wonder how long they are going to stay in the USA market. I hear good things about their customer support but don’t see any dealer repair centers anywhere in my state of Texas. When I contacted some of the ones listed on the Alkin website for my state they said they did not do any warranty work for the company. Has anyone ever gotten any warranty work done on an Akin in the state of Texas?

So far have not been able to get a reply from Tuxing after numerous emails. I can find some parts on their website but am not sure which ones will fit the Hatsan Lightning. Really think this compressor would be an easy fix if parts were readily available. Hatsan will work on it if I send it in but does not have extra parts for sale. I have been looking at the Alkin W31 but wonder how long they are going to stay in the USA market. I hear good things about their customer support but don’t see any dealer repair centers anywhere in my state of Texas. When I contacted some of the ones listed on the Alkin website for my state they said they did not do any warranty work for the company. Has anyone ever gotten any warranty work done on an Akin in the state of Texas?

Chinese New Year festival which is 16 days (that's right 16 days!) just ended on February 26th so their first day back to work was this past Monday after being gone for 2+ weeks. It's probably going to take them some time to catch up.

Have you taken your compressor apart yet? When my Lightning quit making pressure I was able to fix it with the spare parts bag that was included with the compressor when I bought it. From the way you describe your problem I doubt very seriously that you will need anything other than that spare parts bag to fix yours. If you haven't taken it apart yet there are a couple of very simple tests you can do to isolate the problem to the 1st or 2nd stage of the compressor and then disassemble that side first. I wouldn't order a bunch of parts before taking the compressor apart and knowing exactly what is broken and what you need to order to fix the problem.

Chip

Oh and BTW, the link that Knife supplied above will get you to a 'parts section' that may get you everything you could possibly need and right in the Great State of Texas.

Thanks for the great link Knife!

Forgot about the Chinese New Year and holiday. Think I would have put two and two together since I am married to an oriental. Am planning on taking it apart tomorrow, will let you all know what I find. Still want to get a dive quality compressor. When researching the Alkin on the dive forums they say the w31 series is good for about 500 hours before it needs a complete rebuild. They also say it is not a continuous duty cycle unit as Alkin claims because the lower unit was originally designed for a low pressure compressor. They also said parts were extremely expensive and there is no warranty service outside the distributor in New Jersey. They said the distributor was very helpful but if you are going to work on the unit you really need a good service manual and there is not one available out there. I think the Alkin would hold up good enough for what I would use it for but at the very least I would want a good service manual for repair and troubleshooting. I don’t want to be buying expensive parts just to see if it fixes the problem.

Forgot about the Chinese New Year and holiday. Think I would have put two and two together since I am married to an oriental. Am planning on taking it apart tomorrow, will let you all know what I find. Still want to get a dive quality compressor. When researching the Alkin on the dive forums they say the w31 series is good for about 500 hours before it needs a complete rebuild. They also say it is not a continuous duty cycle unit as Alkin claims because the lower unit was originally designed for a low pressure compressor. They also said parts were extremely expensive and there is no warranty service outside the distributor in New Jersey. They said the distributor was very helpful but if you are going to work on the unit you really need a good service manual and there is not one available out there. I think the Alkin would hold up good enough for what I would use it for but at the very least I would want a good service manual for repair and troubleshooting. I don’t want to be buying expensive parts just to see if it fixes the problem.

If you want to talk on the phone I can give you some good troubleshoot tips to try to isolate the problem. Let me know and I can PM you my number.

Chip

Chip I found the rebuild kit that came with the compressor and put it in. Plan on waiting 24 hours for the gasket sealer I used to set before I start it. Only thing I noticed when I took it apart was the high compression piston rings looked worn and the low side head gasket looked like it was starting to deteriorate. Will let you know what happens when I start it. Thanks for the help offer, will take you up on your offer if rebuild doesn’t work.

Some of my nurses look like the women that Yodoyle has post d up. I’m sick and tired of having to pull the yellow cord so they could come in and wipe my @$$ and check to see if I had a BM. I always forget to leave all the machoism at home when I become a patient, because once here, it surely gets taken away!

Last time I was hospitalized for almost a month the REALLY pretty young nurse asked me if I wanted her to BATHE ME and you shoulda seen her face after I said WHY? ARE WE GONNA GET NAKED TOGETHER? IS THAT ALLOWED HERE?

I would be trying to isolate which side of the compressor is causing the fault, low or high pressure stage. The water flow path for the compressor is from the pump in the bottom of the tank up to the high pressure head, out of the high pressure head to the low pressure head, out of the low pressure head to the radiator, out of the radiator back to the coolant tank. If you look closely at the semi clear coolant hoses and see air bubbles in the hose that goes from the high pressure head to the low pressure head then the problem is originating in the high pressure stage, if that hose has no bubbles but the hose going from the low pressure head to the radiator has bubbles then the problem is originating in the low pressure stage. I suspect that your problem is in the high pressure stage since the low pressure stage only makes somewhere in the area of 400 to 600 PSI and if I understand correctly your bubbles start showing up at a much higher pressure than that. If you can determine which stage of the compressor is faulty then you can concentrate on finding the problem there and not put it back together until you find the 'smoking gun' so to speak.

I replied to your PM late yesterday afternoon trying to set up a time when we could have a phone call to discuss all of this but didn't hear back from you. Let me know if you want to talk, we just need to set up a time when we will both be available.

Chip

Just started the compressor and watched the coolant lines. When you first turn on the pump the coolant lines fill with coolant and no air is present in them after a few seconds. As soon as you turn on the compressor all the lines go instantly to carrying mostly air. I started the compressor a few times and all the lines go to mostly air instantly.