Any Hatsan Lightning repair technicians out there?

First guess would be a gasket. Sounds much like a head gasket on a car. I've heard that they aren't that hard to repair. I've had Yong Heng heads off to clean and it isn't difficult. I believe the Lightning is similar. BigRagu seems to have the most experience with them but I believe he is recovering from surgery. Maybe others who have one apart will chime in.

Anyone out there know where you can get a master rebuild kit for a Hatsan Lighting Compressor? Contacted HatsanUSA and they don't have any parts.

Big Ragu has a contact for parts but he's out of commission and recovery from surgery right now. If I run across that PM about the supplier I'll sure pass it on. 

Jking

I found the link to where I know BigRagu bought his parts. It's Tuxingcn.com

The unit looks pretty simple to repair. Finding parts to repair it is a different matter. HatsanUSA says they don’t have enough repair parts to sell. I can send it in but I really don’t want to spend $100+ for shipping when I can do it myself. AliBaba and AliExpress don’t show rebuild kits for it or the Tuxing that is similar to it on their sites that I can find. Am still looking for a way to contact Tuxing directly.

The unit looks pretty simple to repair. Finding parts to repair it is a different matter. HatsanUSA says they don’t have enough repair parts to sell. I can send it in but I really don’t want to spend $100+ for shipping when I can do it myself. AliBaba and AliExpress don’t show rebuild kits for it or the Tuxing that is similar to it on their sites that I can find. Am still looking for a way to contact Tuxing directly.

I have never ordered parts from this place but Augie, "The BigRagu" has and really liked doing business with them Tuxingcn.com. He was ordering the parts to repair a Hatsan, aka, Tuxing. I don't think they have a "repair kit" per say, But look the site over,,,, Augie did say too that they answered emails well too.

jking

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/to-fellow-lightning-owners-i-bring-us-hope/

Xindaris-, this is my tread showing the repair on my lightning, which calls out my purchase parts from tuxing.cn.com. That’s a new second stage head, extra seals, o rings, and gaskets, and even the hard line ferrules and pipe fittings from Belmetrics.com. 

If you a search on my topics, you’ll see like two other lightning treads, where I performed a complete filtration maintenance changeout, for both cotton media and desiccant type, along with replacing the Amsoil ISO 100 SAE 30/40 compressor oil. 

Jimmy King was a big assist when I first dove into this, and I wanted to “create” my own lightning rebuild tread because although close, the AV compressor has some slight differences that could mess you up when it came to parts sourcing.

My advice on these lightnings- parts are cheap! Get fully stocked up on spare second stage heads, gaskets for both high and low pressure heads, at least 20 piston rings, and enough o rings to always have two complete sets. The switches are a fail point, also. Once they fry they can easily take out that digital pressure gage which is the brain for that whole compressor. I found the same exact switches thru Amazon, and soldered on wire (one size larger) pigtails onto the spade terminals on the switches, about 4-6” in length, and wire nut/tape the pigtails onto the factory wiring. That way if a switch ever went bad it was an easy change out. The compressors vibration combined with slip on, unsoldered connections, will cause arcing, which will fry the connections, and fry your components. 

If you decide to attack the switches like I described, do yourself a favour and create a schematic showing which wires control what, cause a schematic is not available anywhere. 

This is what I would do, if I planned on keeping my lightning and keeping it running like new! 

Please forgive me on misspelled words and goofy rambling on’s. Still at hospital. I can’t wait to go home. 

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/hatsan-lightning-service-day-today/

heres that maintenance tread. It took a whole year for the crystal clear amsoil compressor oil to get to the colour shown when I first did the initial drain. The failure on that tread I linked earlier, the oil went from clear to an even darker tone than in the maintenance link within the first 3 hours, which then led to the compressor not building pressure. That all means your piston rings are either shot, the piston has oblonged out the shaft it pushes in and out off, or both. This will also result in a darker colored coolant cause your crank case vent pressures are leaking into your coolant. 

Take lots of pics during disassembly, and use plain water as the coolant when your ready to do the initial test run after it’s all together. If all works out, then drain out the water and refill with the distilled water and coolant mix that the owners manual calls out.

Good luck, man!