• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Any Gunsmiths/Machinists/Reputable Members Who Mill Scope Grooves?

I would like to have dovetail scope grooves milled into my Crosman 1400. Can anyone recommend a company or person who can do this?

My 1400 is currently at Mac1 Airgun Distributors for a reseal. I know that many have posted that Tim McMurray has cut scope grooves into vintage airguns. However, Tim just told me that his contractor no longer cuts scope grooves. Also, his Crosman IA and Sheridan IA scope bases are too small for a 1400's barrel.

I know people have used Air Venturi Intermounts, vintage mounts for 3/4" scope tubes and various methods to install Ruger 10/22 bases...

I live in Hawaii and there's only one, true gunsmith on the island of Oahu and his milling machine is currently out of commission. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

prfleetsys,
Unfortunately, Mac1 is not cutting grooves, anymore - but Thank You for the info!

Cannonball,
I will try Baker Airguns - Thank you!

Mike,
I contacted some machinist shops, but they don't do small jobs. It can be difficult living on an island...
Thanks for the suggestion - I'll try calling other shops.

Thank you so much, everybody!!!
I was an avid airgunner for many years, until life changes required me to part with my collection. Trying to return to the sport and have forgotten how supportive the airgunning community is - thanks, again!!!

This is the kind of shop you are looking for, like the one I started in specializing in repair work. Everything is a one-off.

I have done this kind of work before. Laying out the dovetails can be a little tricky. The fit is controlled by the theoretical dimension across the inside corners of the male dovetail. This is best measured with thread wires. If you find someone to do the work, I can give you the dimension across wires for a standard Anschutz 11mm rail. These are some risers I made.

P1120184.jpg