Any guns you regret buying"

I have only bought high end airguns, lots and lots of them - as such they have all been wonderful BUT what I’m noticing is what I grab when I want to play. Usually it’s a Daystate “something”. Electronic guns are soooo cool, but I pull my mechanical guns out first = Revere! Wolverine! Ghost! Plenty of choices and options but Daystate gets the nod. Oddly Anything FX has been sold.

Fifty years of air gunning, 50 air guns, more or less. Some were awesome; some weren't; some were fast; some weren't; some were perfect; some weren't; some were accurate; some weren't; some were heavy; some weren't; some were perfect; some weren't, some were works of art, some weren't, some were well designed, some weren't. I don't regret buying any of them, I had to learn and the only way is to own it for a while.

End of year 3 of getting deep into airguns and bought many airguns to try. Everything that's not a FX is getting neglected and slowly sold off except for few trusty Crosmans.
For me, the Crosmans and the QBs are the rifles I had a good time building but never actually want to shoot. It's not that they're crap. They're actually pretty good considering that they were designed as budget oriented guns. The thing is, for plinking, target shooting or hunting they're just not as good as my other guns.

Reactions: L.Leon and qball
For me, the Crosmans and the QBs are the rifles I had a good time building but never actually want to shoot. It's not that they're crap. They're actually pretty good considering that they were designed as budget oriented guns. The thing is, for plinking, target shooting or hunting they're just not as good as my other guns.

Agreed, they are inexpensive and I had good time modding them. I hardly ever shoot them but no point selling them either, performance wise I haven't see anything that can touch my FX guns.

I'm surprised. I thought I would of heard more regrets about AEA. I didn't expect to hear so many about FX airguns.
FX...Namely the M3 is a great "YouTube " gun... Cherry picked groups on paper or edited video clips showing its prowess with accuracy are its forte.

If you want 'Accuracy" AND "Consistency" ..... then ignore most of the BS on YT !!

I'm surprised. I thought I would of heard more regrets about AEA. I didn't expect to hear so many about FX airguns.
The FX hate is funny. I used to be into archery big time and the same shade was thrown toward Mathews. Whenever someone is at the top of sales in a marketplace there is always hatred developed for some reason.

Zbroia Hortitsia. Just didn’t compare to my FX’s.
Didnt compare how?
Accuracy?
Add-ons & supporting stuff?

What was the rough price difference for you?

FYI - I imported a Kozak FC, Biathlon, & Hortitsia and am very pleased with them all.
Only downside so far is that light slugs dont work in the magazines, they're all designed for Diabolo.
(light = <20grain 22cal)

Didnt compare how?
Accuracy?
Add-ons & supporting stuff?

What was the rough price difference for you?

FYI - I imported a Kozak FC, Biathlon, & Hortitsia and am very pleased with them all.
Only downside so far is that light slugs dont work in the magazines, they're all designed for Diabolo.
(light = <20grain 22cal)
Wasn’t as refined and accuracy was not as good and it leaked.

The FX hate is funny. I used to be into archery big time and the same shade was thrown toward Mathews. Whenever someone is at the top of sales in a marketplace there is always hatred developed for some reason.
Well I can say I had one, gave it a good chance, but it wasn’t reliably accurate. I really wanted to make it work. It wasn’t awful, just not consistent. I shot a 197 in the 30YC with it, and the highest score with my replacement is also a 197. The difference is I can take the Revere out and it will shoot close to that 197 or equal it. The Maverick was capable, but at any moment it might shoot a mid 180’s with a POI shift. I also sorted my pellets for the FX, I don’t have time to do that now with the Revere

IMG_0594.jpeg

IMG_9079.jpeg

Reactions: Trucker3573
Daisy 880 would be my regret thus far. What a piece of inconsistent junk. The same number of pumps would give me wide deviation of fps each time. Sometimes I would get 500 fps with 8 pumps, sometimes I would get 660 fps etc etc. It was an impulse buy to scratch the itch while saving up for a higher end gun. I did go down the rabbit hole of reading forums about fixing the issue with the gun but just not worth the time and effort for a $65 Walmart gun. Crosman pumpers like 1377 or 1322 are miles better for the same price range.

Bought a new Brocock Atomic XR, nothing really wrong with it, just not really a pistol, more like a carbine. Found I didn't like it in either configuration. Had it for a year, sat in the safe with less than 200 pellets thru it. Finally said enough, didn't need another safe queen taking up space. So someone on the Classifieds here got a super deal! :) Bought a Huben GK1 in place of it and love the GK1! Now that's truly a pistol I can shoot and enjoy! :cool:

Reactions: qball
Benjamin Marauder Field & Target... tried all the fixes on this forum (shy of a Huma regulator), couldn't get rid of the POI shift no matter what.
Then made mistake number 2 & went back to Air Arms. Discovered that Covid or something dealt them a heavy blow, either lost key employees or just went off the tracks, not the product I've used & respected for over 15 years. Got a 510 Ultimate Sporter XS, been trying now for 6 months to get it to work, Pyramyd couldn't care less.
These two guns ruined my 2023 prospects of entering the world of HFT.
Going FX route now, hopefully UA stands behind products & I can actually start having fun instead of messing around with junk guns & terrible vendors.

AEA HP SS .25.
The trigger was like a scaled down staple gun. The first magazine failed after about 10 rounds. The second, after 30-40. It was very loud. And it thunked pretty hard, when shooting, giving the feeling that it would self destruct within a short period of time. In fact, the sear CHIPPED! Leading to double firing. All the fasteners were ultra cheap. Seriously, the key slots in the allen heads were noticeable off-center. Everything required gratuitous amounts of loctite to stay together. The barrell would NOT stay tight.
All that aside, it was shockingly accurate!
A friend of mine bought, and sold, his just as quickly for the same reasons.

Reactions: qball