Any guns you regret buying"

So far it's Daystates flagship newest rifle the Alpha wolf. Back to them for the 4th. time replacing stuff broke, regulator, gauge, broken hammer spring trying to get it right. Not shooting good enough or consistent enough as it was advertised. Daystate got involved this last time, so Im hoping it will get fixed so it does exactly what it was advertised to do, no more and no less. I will find out in about a month or more, when I get it back.Current turn around, so far, has been between 4-8 weeks.

Leshiy 2 REPR in .30 cal. Sold a FX Mav VP with an FX CF 580cc tank, DFL Fat Boy 2.0 with limited edition comp, and an ATN X-Sight 4K to pay for it. Then I spent more money on the Leshiy. Gotta have the rail and behemoth moderator. In the end, I just could not work with that trigger. Some folks have no issue eating day old Taco Bell, but I do... and the Leshiy's trigger was like that for me.

Definitely regret selling the Mav. For a while, I tried to convince myself that I liked the Leshiy, but that's because I spent so much money on it. I feel that's what a lot of people do when they justify its shortcomings.

I did not regret selling the Leshiy, but I do regret buying the WA Sidewinder as a replacement. Better trigger by a mile, but the valve gets stuck open during full auto and dumps all the air. No issues in semi, but I'd like the features to work.

Funny thing is, the cheap airguns I have, AEA, Hatsan, etc..., don't give me any issues.

Reactions: mercado
About 6 PCP air guns. I no longer have a compressor and no close place to fill my tank. I do have a hand pump but at 142 lbs I can't pump above 1500 pounds. Charles
Since you have a tank to fill also, try looking at the GX CS4 compressor. I've heard many good things about them which made it my compressor choice.

Airforce Talon ss .22
Bought it like 20 years ago, first new pcp gun. Back then then it was one of the only affordable pcps at like 450-500 dollars. All the rest were like a grand.

It was accurate, light and somewhat quite. Problem is ergonomics suck, loud ping since tank is the stock and i couldnt get consistency.

Id fill it up and zero it, get great groups.
But then when id refil(exact same pressure) it would have a new zero.

I did some tinkering to improve the baffle system to quiet it down and some othet stuff. Then it sat for a years

Recently i went back to it and put in a huma reg, new spring, new hammer and breadh etc
I get consistency now but power level is limited to 18-20 fpe, and it cost a few hundred to put the goodies in.

Money better spent towards a new rifle which i am looking at now.
Because its still not comfortable to hold, single shot, low power and pings.
If i want any more power i have to spend another 200 for longer barrelband then supressor which adds weight and kills the small form. Or I have to spend like 400 for the upgraded condor valve

Honestly I dont see people even buy them anymore. If you are really set on the airforce style, buy a condor for a bit more or talon P with the highflow valve and high power, and then lower the power. Much easier to lower their power than to increase the talon series power level

Airforce Talon ss .22
Bought it like 20 years ago, first new pcp gun. Back then then it was one of the only affordable pcps at like 450-500 dollars. All the rest were like a grand.

It was accurate, light and somewhat quite. Problem is ergonomics suck, loud ping since tank is the stock and i couldnt get consistency.

Id fill it up and zero it, get great groups.
But then when id refil(exact same pressure) it would have a new zero.

I did some tinkering to improve the baffle system to quiet it down and some othet stuff. Then it sat for a years

Recently i went back to it and put in a huma reg, new spring, new hammer and breadh etc
I get consistency now but power level is limited to 18-20 fpe, and it cost a few hundred to put the goodies in.

Money better spent towards a new rifle which i am looking at now.
Because its still not comfortable to hold, single shot, low power and pings.
If i want any more power i have to spend another 200 for longer barrelband then supressor which adds weight and kills the small form. Or I have to spend like 400 for the upgraded condor valve

Honestly I dont see people even buy them anymore. If you are really set on the airforce style, buy a condor for a bit more or talon P with the highflow valve and high power, and then lower the power. Much easier to lower their power than to increase the talon series power level

It is a chassis issue with the Air Force platform. That bottle hanging off the back causes frame flex. I even put the Mad Dog stock on my Condor. It helped, but did not solve the problem. It will shoot great 3 shot groups, and extreme spread is like 10 fps across 70 shots, but poi changes throughout the full string.

My regret is buying so many and not having the time to shoot them.
I plan on shooting them all when I retire. I'm 35 now so with the way things are looking I should be good to go at around 120 or so. Maybe 115 if I start saving a little more each week

It is a chassis issue with the Air Force platform. That bottle hanging off the back causes frame flex. I even put the Mad Dog stock on my Condor. It helped, but did not solve the problem. It will shoot great 3 shot groups, and extreme spread is like 10 fps across 70 shots, but poi changes throughout the full string.
Interesting. I would get mostly tight groups. Then go fill it and it would sit until i would try to shoot a starling that wandered into the yard and sometimes it would be good, but other times i would consistently miss and then I would get the targets out and re zero .

It would then show tight groupings but off a bit. Also it didnt have a guage to tell psi so it made it a bit of a guess when i need to fill.

I tried repacing rings, switched scopes etc thats when i gave up and started using the air arms 410. It has its own issues though. No saftey, baffles literally held in with glue thst can blow out and some other things they cheaped out on for a gun that when new was like a grand.

With the talon i figured id give another go and niticed the velocity seemed to spread a lot. So that's when i bought the upgraded hammer,breach, springs etc and the reg.

It now has velocity within like 7fps and gets a lot of shots but fpe is only 18-20.
Not gonna put any more money into it and cant sell it for much.
So thinking maybe drop the power to like 12fpe for a ton of shots and use crow mags for indoor pesting or cheap crossman ones for backyard plinking.

Its a shame cuz it breaks down real small and could be a backpack gun.

Now days there are so many other cheap guns that are better starter guns and if you want the talon style for long range or flexibility you can go RTI series.

I had a Chinese clone of an RWS34 at one point. That thing was an absolute dog. I replaced springs and seals and tried to polish the barrel and eventually even recrowned it. Nothing could be done to improve accuracy. And it was a 6inch groups @ 50 yards type of gun, on its best day. Always remember thinking I'd have better luck hitting what I want with a dang slingshot. Lots of frustration. Me and that gun hated each other. Somehow a pellet fired from it missed a dove by a good 8 inches, and bounced off a knot in the tree (tree was about 50 yards away and the unintended knot was up about 40 feet off the ground)-pellet came back and hit me right where one of my eyebrows starts, right above the corner of my eye. It drew blood. I was really lucky that I didn't lose an eye. Gave it away for the cost of shipping and full disclosure, just to be done with it. Supposedly the new owner got it shooting with some obscure pellet that I never tried, but I suspect we had a vastly different idea of "accurate."