Any guns you regret buying"

I got one of them lol
Works a treat / one gun I dont regret

20230517_124337.jpg

Reactions: bf1956
Yep, several, the Hatsan 125-terrible trigger and accuracy, Benjamin Akela-very awkward and terrible accuracy, Notos-overrated and bad accuracy, Hatsan Jet 1-crapped the bed after about a week, Seneca Dragonfly- the first one crapped the bed after a month and I'm not thrilled with the second one-poorly built.

Yep, several, the Hatsan 125-terrible trigger and accuracy, Benjamin Akela-very awkward and terrible accuracy, Notos-overrated and bad accuracy, Hatsan Jet 1-crapped the bed after about a week, Seneca Dragonfly- the first one crapped the bed after a month and I'm not thrilled with the second one-poorly built.
So all is well then lol
Crapped the bed he he
That's most of the gun shop you've been through.
Gotta be something out there for you
Crosman pistol perhaps lol

Reactions: bf1956
AA S410 classic-who ever heard of an AA S410 that wouldn't shoot well? I bought it used from a member here-price was good and so was his feedback. My mistake-didn't ask if it had any problems! Gun arrived, rather poorly packed but intact. Took a scope off one of my guns and mounted it up-couldn't get on paper at 30 yards-it was shooting a foot left. Adjusted scope-on paper, shotgun pattern-WTF? called the seller, he said "I've never had any trouble with it" I finally got it grouping OK after trying different solutions for a year or so but by then I was so sick of messing with it I sold it cheap with full disclosure to a buddy.

Reactions: aroundlocks
AA S410 classic-who ever heard of an AA S410 that wouldn't shoot well? I bought it used from a member here-price was good and so was his feedback. My mistake-didn't ask if it had any problems! Gun arrived, rather poorly packed but intact. Took a scope off one of my guns and mounted it up-couldn't get on paper at 30 yards-it was shooting a foot left. Adjusted scope-on paper, shotgun pattern-WTF? called the seller, he said "I've never had any trouble with it" I finally got it grouping OK after trying different solutions for a year or so but by then I was so sick of messing with it I sold it cheap with full disclosure to a buddy.
Fair play too you
Usually a laser beam
He must of sand blasted the bore lol

So all is well then lol
Crapped the bed he he
That's most of the gun shop you've been through.
Gotta be something out there for you
Crosman pistol perhaps lol
I actually have quite a few that I don't regret buying, DAR gen 2, Benjamin Cayden, Beeman 2027,Beeman R9, TX200, RAW HM1000x, Diana 54 plus a few more.

Not to go off track here, but I have been looking at that .30 Hatsan since it came out... every time I get close to pulling the trigger to get one, I see a post like this. I need it about as much as I need a third nipple... but I always look. The last time I was serious, I had a coworker hit me up who had gotten one last year and asked me why that his gun now was easy to cock, rattles and wont shoot a pellet. That pretty much sealed it for me. I told him it sounded like a broken spring, but good luck getting a replacement. He wanted to stick with springers (the Hatsan was his first and only experience with an airgun) so I steered him towards an RWS 54 and actually found him one at the Hickory show and mailed to him.
Same, i actually ordered a Blitz and sent it back over longevity concerns.

Not to go off track here, but I have been looking at that .30 Hatsan since it came out... every time I get close to pulling the trigger to get one, I see a post like this. I need it about as much as I need a third nipple... but I always look. The last time I was serious, I had a coworker hit me up who had gotten one last year and asked me why that his gun now was easy to cock, rattles and wont shoot a pellet. That pretty much sealed it for me. I told him it sounded like a broken spring, but good luck getting a replacement. He wanted to stick with springers (the Hatsan was his first and only experience with an airgun) so I steered him towards an RWS 54 and actually found him one at the Hickory show and mailed to him.
If you want a HUGE hole in your pests inside 30 yards, then its a good gun, other than that no.

or plinking ofc

Cricket. Regretted both buying it and selling it to be specific. It was not a great choice as a hunting gun....for me. It was heavy, clunky, and poorly balanced. The mag swaps took three hands, and the lack of a safety was really an issue for me when walking with it or getting in or out of blinds. I'm not a safety nut, but that oversight always really bothered me in use.

That said, it was an absolute laser beam. Held zero forever, required absolutely no (re)tuning or fiddling, and hit dimes all day out to 70yds with unsorted pellets. Just pick it up and put a hole in the exact spot of whatever you were aiming at.

Many a critter felt the warm embrace of Jesus because of that gun, but she just had to go.

IMG_1761.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Macros
Hatsan Flashpup 22. My only previous PCP was a Royale 400. I wanted to get back in PCP and not spend too much. Well, I was spoiled with my memories of my breech o ring eating Royale. I would happily have that gun again and replace an o ring every thousand something pellets.
Back to the flashpup
-Action felt like a 30 year old rusted gate latch.
-Never found it’s pellet. It would seem alright, then decide it’s romance was over with a particular pellet.
-Uglier in person. I’ve always been a function over form, but damn. I eventually sanded and stained the stock. I hated the color brown it was.
-Magazine moves around and never really seats.
That’s what I can remember right now. I take blame and expected a Kia to run like an Acura if I put a little elbow grease into it.
I found myself reaching for my PP700 that I bought soon after 10/10 times. I sold the flashpup to a friend who lets his kids plink with it. It’s perfectly good for that purpose, not sniping rodent heads at 30 yards.

I have a variety of airguns that I use for different applications. I'm diligent with my research and careful with my purchases so it's rare that I'm disappointed. At worst case I can usually reassign the airgun to a different usage if it doesn't meet the advertised/reviewed performance.

The P17 is the only airgun that I didn't like. I was aware of the pre-use clean-up, the deburring to save the o-rings, and a bit of shimming & polishing required on the trigger to bring the pistol to a usable state. Still, it's good value for the money.

I had bought a pair of P17 pistols so that Dad and I could plink in the backyard. Turned out that the cocking force was too high for Dad to manage and though I didn't have any problems loading I found that after a dozen shots I couldn't hold the pistol steady without resting for a bit.

I made a cocking jig that was easy to use but Dad had lost intrest in the P17 and I ended up selling the jig and pistols.

The AA S510 is the only air rifle that I'm (slightly) disappointed in. No buyers remorse, the S510 is beautifully made and finished, very accurate and has plenty of power - love shooting it. The disappointment is that, other than finally adding a factory installed regulator, AA seems to be resting on their laurels the S510 is still based on a decades old design.

Cheers!

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1