Any guns you regret buying"

Could you elaborate, please…?
I guess so, unexcitedly, and only because like you @L.Leon
1. There is no owners manual with any kind of instructions on how to do anything on it. I read that there is online, but not that I could find. On their sight there are exploded diagrams with parts not instructions.
2. Internal regulator requires partial and painful disassembly to adjust.
3. Only way I know to bleed the air for disassembly is back out the gauge till it releases air (if there is another way I don’t know because there is not owners manual). Though it would have been fairly easy for them to manufacture it so a normal socket would work for that the clearance between the gauge and tube are too tight for normal sockets. Unless you find and purchase a very thin wall socket you can only make about 1/16 turns with a normal wrench. Man it made me nervous bleeding the gun this way.
4. Once you bleed the air to remove the cylinder to adjust the regulator there seems to be two options for removing the cylinder, a. Remove the barrel which requires a special tool that you need to find and buy, and looks like it could be a bear to do. b. Remove the fill nipple that gets in the way turning cylinder, and remove the moderator and then remove the cylinder without removing the barrel. Then figure out how to get the regulator out of the cylinder. Adjust you regulator some, put it back together then go through that all 4-8 more times to get it right.
5. For the .30 cal it is a pretty heavy hammer spring. I the future if I get anything over .25 I think I will get something with a balanced valve that keeps the hammer spring weight down.
6. It is long. I am sure that is fine if you are just shooting from a bench. Probably for a lot of people it is fine for them even in the field. For me I just don’t love the length and have realized I really prefer more compact guns like the Brocock Atomic (that particular reference was for your benefit Leon, I personally have never shot an Atomic).
7. The picatinny rail is very short and split by the magazine. This limits things some. Probably fine for traditional scopes, but it was problematic for what I was mounting on it.
8. Not to big of a deal, and this is getting a little picky, but I am not crazy about the magazines and loading the first round backwards then flipping over to load the rest. And the magazines are expensive. Also mine has a small blemish painted over but still visible on the barrel shroud.

There are plenty of virtues to the gun. Plenty of things that are great about it. So don’t take this as me bashing the gun as terrible, but I am not going to go into the good things because those can easily be found in other posts. This post is about guns we regret buying so I am telling you why I regret it. If you feel you need a more balanced and fair review, I understand, you will easily be able to find that in other posts.

Last edited:
I loved the trigger and it was ridiculously accurate with JSB 18.13’s. i shot a lot of birds with that gun.
Not too sure why I bought it. My gut told me to go with something simpler for a first big boy air gun. The electronics had me nervous but I was assured by the shop they were very reliable. Hats off to the shop. They stood behind what they sold up to the end.
Then I got this idea learning to tune would be fun and despite all the self inflicted wounds I would not go to anything else right now.
Going out to the dairy today for some pesting. Took out the Pulsar...no air, completely empty. It never ends with this gun, complete reseal less than a year ago and it's leaking again. Not to mention I have to cock it twice to get it fire, which AOA failed to fix. I will be selling this gun back to AOA in the near future, maybe they can actually fix it this time before reselling. I cannot in all good conscience, sell to anyone here.

Reactions: Simonjello
I purchased a .25. When you had the gun loaded you couldn't raise the barrel up to high. Pellet would drop into the mechanism and then had to remove plate to get out. Happened to many time. Gun was loud, and cocking could be difficult. Not that accurate, since not regulated.
Well not being regulated is certainly not a reason for not being accurate.

Yes. The RWS Mod 3400.2(22 cal) It's on the heavy side. Functions fine. Looks good. Accuracy is nothing to brag about but ok with a variety of pellets. BUT! You can't move the sights far enuff to get on target. You run out of adjustment. Scoping really didn't help in that regard either. A response to my inquire here on AGN about the RWS 3400 was that it is a parts bin gun. And I got myself stuck with 1 of them.

I have no regrets about pcp ownership. I love everything about them. The more complex the better as I find myself wanting to operate to see what makes them tick.

My only regret is actually getting deep into this airgun hobby, as my plans for retirement were to get into competitive powder burner target shooting, along with predator hunting, so while working and being able to stash dollars away I outfitted myself with pretty much every tool out there to create the perfect centerfire cartridge. I’m loaded up on powder, primers, and cases galore. As far as the tools go, let’s just say I had the Sinclair catalog memorized as to where to find things.

Then I went on to buy my dream gun, a Savage 110 BA in 338 Lapua. I’m completely outfitted to load for the few guns I own.

But getting into the Airguns, and here comes the regret, all my reloading tools near new are collecting dust, and it’s been since 2012 since I bought that Savage, and it still is in a case, wrapped in the plastic it came in, never fired. Makes me sick to my gut thinking about it, really.

I wanted to add, that lead law that came about here in CA didn’t help either. I have a cabinet full of Sierra Bullets, Hornady Vmax Bullets, Nosler, and Berger. All useless to hunt with

Last edited:
Umarex Octane. The squirrels didn't even care if I came out to the yard with it. I don't know that I could've hit an elk 10 feet in front of me.

I bought an Mrod, Dragon Claw .50 and FX PowerPup shortly after selling the Octane. The Mrod is a classic looking gun with the turkish wood stock, it has my night vision gear on it. I don't regret the Mrod, but I wish I learned a little more before jumping into that one.

The Dragon Claw I currently have for sale. I won't say that I regret that one as much as it was an impulse buy for the cool factor. Reality is, I can't use it for hunting large game where I live. It might end up as the groundhog gun.

I'm a little surprised to see the FX hate in this thread. The PowerPup is deadly accurate, in the last two months it's probably put about 20 squirrels to forever naps. I don't care about pretty, I want a well thought out design, and reliable. Guns are a tool, I've never once said, "that's a pretty drill."

Reactions: Airgun Al
I have no regrets about pcp ownership. I love everything about them. The more complex the better as I find myself wanting to operate to see what makes them tick.

My only regret is actually getting deep into this airgun hobby, as my plans for retirement were to get into competitive powder burner target shooting, along with predator hunting, so while working and being able to stash dollars away I outfitted myself with pretty much every tool out there to create the perfect centerfire cartridge. I’m loaded up on powder, primers, and cases galore. As far as the tools go, let’s just say I had the Sinclair catalog memorized as to where to find things.

Then I went on to buy my dream gun, a Savage 110 BA in 338 Lapua. I’m completely outfitted to load for the few guns I own.

But getting into the Airguns, and here comes the regret, all my reloading tools near new are collecting dust, and it’s been since 2012 since I bought that Savage, and it still is in a case, wrapped in the plastic it came in, never fired. Makes me sick to my gut thinking about it, really.

I wanted to add, that lead law that came about here in CA didn’t help either. I have a cabinet full of Sierra Bullets, Hornady Vmax Bullets, Nosler, and Berger. All useless to hunt with
It's time to move out of CA

here's my Albatross Kervan C4 Lord .22 all 8lb 14oz.

DSCN0226.JPG

Reactions: L.Leon
Diana 34 EMS ... had to try buying it twice. Huge disappointment with both having nearly the same issues. Loose barrel tolerance (pellet easily falls out of barrel - tried the nail polish hack) compared to any other springer owned and a rear sight that can't stay together unless you loctite ever single piece - not just to the receiver. Black hard plastic butt plate is a joke and cracks easily. While customizable, feels like cheap junk not worth further investment. Didn't expect that from Diana and thus, ranks as the most regretful air rifle purchase.

I tend to write off entire companies if individual products reach a certain level of terrible. I regret/never buy again hatsan because of a sortie that never functioned as a semi auto. AEA because of a .35 challenger that wasn't accurate enough and fps dropped a lot with every shot. Gamo because of an early break barrel that couldn't hit a jumbo jet if I were riding in the jumbo jet. Umerex because everyone l ever had died early.

Last edited: