Any guns you regret buying"

FX impact gen 1 in .22. Bought it used at what I thought was a great price. That piece of junk wouldn't cock or shoot right no matter what I did. Sent it to Chuck and was told the previous owner filed every part to lighten the trigger. The hammer was modified beyond repair and the barrel scratched to hell. Chuck had to replace half the parts to get it fixed and shooting good. Sold the impact at a huge lost and will never buy another impact.

Last edited:
My "first" real air gun. I say real, because I bought a Beeman Tempest back in about 1980, but it mostly just sat.
Ok, fast forward to a coupla years ago, after retiring, I bought an Edgun Lelya 2. Worst mistake I've made in a long time.

Why, because it coerced me into buying almost every bullpup style rifle on the current market. Plus a hand full, or more of pistols too. So much so, that I'm looking to buy a second safe !!

My car stuff is already expensive, I didn't...need another expensive hobby.

BUT, I do have "my" worst...the Beeman P17. Despite others doting over the P17, mine's got the worst trigger ever felt in a pellet or even a kids "cap" gun ! I've had it apart three times to attempt to make it better. While it is...better than when I bought it, it's still NOT a fun gun to shoot.
If I can find my small cast iron pan, I think I'll put a torch to it and see what it looks like in a puddle of melted plastic and steel !

Mike

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I have to admit this thread has me very afraid. I would quake at the thought of cutting on the Holy Grail. Oh my we have taken shots at FX,Brocock,Edgun.AA and of crouse the favorite whipping boy Hatsan. I am shaken to my core.
Up to now I thoufgt you just layed these guns on the bench and they did everything for you. Pellet size groups at a hundred yards where no problem. An excellent platform for 3000.00 scopes. I am shaken. Every day I look at the rifles for sale and only dream that some day I could step up to such ownership . Maybe I won't do that anymore. I reckon being low on the pay scale my expectatons are lower. For what I can afford I expect trouble

I have a new one to add to this list. The Umarex Glock Gen 5 which just came out. What a total POS. The mags are a a total pain to load. The revolving pellet holder is way to stiff. Once inserted it's impossible to pull the trigger as it has to rotate the pellet band and if it isn't lined up perfectly you can't fire. When you can fire the trigger is too heavy and total mush. I've gotten zero enjoyment from this pistol and a torn up finger as I hadn't read anywhere that it was going to be a semi-blowback design. Total waste of $125.

Won‘t say i actually regret it, but a Pulsar 22. I am sure they are great guns, I think I just got a bad one. Magazine advance pin malfunctioned 3 times, board went goofy twice and that was all in about a 3 month period.
Got shed of it and swore nothing ever again with electronics in it.
Same experience with my .22 Pulsar HP. Nothing but problems and it required a complete reseal in just over 3 years of light use. According to AOA, that's normal. All the non-double load magazines are bad; the actuation lever strikes the pellet probe when it cycles. That's why Daystate designed a new magazine to fix the problem, but you have to pay for the new one.

I was given an Armada. My first taste of pcp. Love it, powerful, quiet, amazing accuracy. It's so stinking heavy, especially with bipod and scope. Can't hardly walk around my woods with it because of size and weight.
Man-o-day does it put the hurts on squirrels way out in my yard tho from my kitchen counter with bipod on sill of open window.
Edit to add: can't really regret a gift I know. I'm appreciative and have bought a couple more pcp's since then.

Same experience with my .22 Pulsar HP. Nothing but problems and it required a complete reseal in just over 3 years of light use. According to AOA, that's normal. All the non-double load magazines are bad; the actuation lever strikes the pellet probe when it cycles. That's why Daystate designed a new magazine to fix the problem, but you have to pay for the new one.
I loved the trigger and it was ridiculously accurate with JSB 18.13’s. i shot a lot of birds with that gun.
Not too sure why I bought it. My gut told me to go with something simpler for a first big boy air gun. The electronics had me nervous but I was assured by the shop they were very reliable. Hats off to the shop. They stood behind what they sold up to the end.
Then I got this idea learning to tune would be fun and despite all the self inflicted wounds I would not go to anything else right now.