Any guns you regret buying"

I tend to write off entire companies if individual products reach a certain level of terrible. I regret/never buy again hatsan because of a sortie that never functioned as a semi auto. AEA because of a .35 challenger that wasn't accurate enough and fps dropped a lot with every shot. Gamo because of an early break barrel that couldn't hit a jumbo jet if I were riding in the jumbo jet. Umerex because everyone l ever had died early.
In the defense of Hatsan, they have perfected the sortie. I have one that was made in 2022, I've put at least 500 pellets through that thing and I've never once had any problem or misfire or anything.

Artemis pp750, don't like the trigger don't like how it sounds. The 700 is a much better gun IMO.

Edit. And regret is pretty strong, it's ok just my least liked airgun.
I own both the Artemis PP700 and the PP750 and I prefer the 750. Both guns are quite accurate and I only use the single shot tray with the PP750 as the magazines are problematic.

I have a love/hate relationship with my AEA HS SS .22, and that's all I have to say about that.
Yeah I love the accuracy of my AEA HP Semi-auto Carbine in .30 caliber but the gun has broken many times requiring repair. Most of the repairs I was able to do but twice I had to send it back for repair. So I love the gun for how accurate it shoots but hate that it is so prone to breaking.

Reactions: FelixS
I regret buying the Skout Epoch. For a gun costing that much money I’d expect it to be perfect: extremely accurate and very reliable. I found the Epoch to be none of that.
Leaked air first time filling. They sent a new regulator and it solved the leak issue but how disappointing to have to replace the regulator on a brand new high end airgun.
Finally getting a chance to shoot it and it was extremely LOUD right where my ears are. Accuracy was less than average and the regulator creep was unacceptable. The gauges all showed bubbles caused by water and the regulators also showed signs of moisture corrosion. Experience was so bad I had to send it back for a refund.
08A56D7A-195F-4BBD-80C3-C5758F9DDA6F.jpeg

Just about all of my PCP guns. I'm down to hand pumping and I can only pump to about 1800 lbs at the most and that's no fun. I have a scuba tank and now there is no close place to have it filled and my FX compressor is long gone. Although have been thinking of buying one of the low cost China compressors but not sure what one to get. Not a big problem as I have plenty CO2 and break barrel guns to shoot. Just hate to have 6 guns that I can not use:( Charles

• Wow
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I wasted a lot of money on the FX impact. I owned 3 of them at different times, 2 were mk2’s and 1 was an M3. I didn’t like any of them, but still somehow convinced myself to try again each time I bought or traded for one. Each time I was wrong, and quickly sold or traded it for something else. I guess watching too many YouTube videos causes you to rethink your mindset at the time, but in the end, it just doesn’t fit me.
I didn’t learn my lesson the first time. It took 3. Shame on me. Won’t make the mistake a 4th time. Lol

I really do not regret bying any of my guns. But what I may regret is myself screwing up, or done damage to some. Regret cracking the stock on my taipan, as I used wood screw when attaching a picatinny rail. Regret ruin the pressure tube on a wildcat mk2, as I used siilicone grease on the threads, which made them seace up. Regret dipping my impact in water, to find a leak, which made severel parts rust. All have been fixed now. The taipan stock got glued togheter, and the damage is barelly visible. The wildcat tube had to be replaced with a new one, which was rather expensive. The impact, I had to take apart to clean up, and polish parts like hammer, and trigger mechanism, to remove rust.

I regret bying a .22 caliber barrel, from abroad, without checking the law, and license requirements in Norway properly. Ended up loosing the barrel in customs, (it had to be confiscated and destroyed, since it was illegally imported). And also had to meet at the police station for a conversation, or interigation if you like. The case got dropped, as they believed I did not on purpose tried to do anything illegal. But not that pleasent experiance.

Not all guns have been perfect though when arrived new. Bying the first gen, can somethimes be a lilte risky. My gen 1 crown was ammong the first, with a smoothwist-x barrel. That liner needed lubed pellets to avoid being fouled. The .177 liner on the mk2 wildcat has never been good. But since I already had a .177 barrelkit for my crown, I just replaced the liner, and it shoot well. My impact .177 shoot very well from the factory, and since I also have a .22 barrel for that one, that barrel is now used on another gun.
One small thing which might have made my taipan a litle less accurate, is that the O-ring which sit between the barrel and action has been missing the whole time I have owned the gun. Saw on a youtube video there is supposed to be an O-ring there, and when I checked the gun, there was a small leak of air coming out from the barrel threads when taking a shot. Have now put on a O-ring there, leak is gone, and have installed the stock reg (used a huma with lower pressure before), and the gun seems to shoot a litle better than when it was new.

As a new guy, I have a stupid question. Is there any reason I shouldn’t leave a pcp gun pressurized when not in use? Does it do any damage to it?
Assuming it is being stored/secured in a safe place, completely away from curious and prying hands, keep it pressurized- ALWAYS.

As to the pressure, if you don’t plan on using it for a long while and it will be prone to seasonal changes in temps(like stored in the garage and spring to summer temps can be felt within) I personally would store my own under that condition 10 bar less from seasonal cool to warm temps. Any other times it is at full fill spec. Others will suggest at or a hair above reg pressure(regulated guns).

I shoot every chance I get all year so I keep all my guns at full fill spec 365 days of the year.

There are other pro active maintenance items one should do when storing a gun for long periods of non use but I won’t get into that as you only inquired about storing with/without air pressure

Last edited:
Reactions: Asbestos
Assuming it is being stored/secured in a safe place, completely away from curious and prying hands, keep it pressurized- ALWAYS.

As to the pressure, if you don’t plan on using it for a long while and it will be prone to seasonal changes in temps(like stored in the garage and spring to summer temps can be felt within) I personally would store my own under that condition 10 bar less from seasonal cool to warm temps. Any other times it is at full fill spec. Others will suggest at or a hair above reg pressure(regulated guns).

I shoot every chance I get all year so I keep all my guns at full fill spec 365 days of the year.

There are other pro active maintenance items one should do when storing a gun for long periods of non use but I won’t get into that as you only inquired about storing with/without air pressure
I appreciate the reply, my friend. Yes, as with all of my guns, it’ll be secured when not in use. I don’t see any “long term” storage any time soon. These are too much fun to leave sitting. I’m amazed