Any guns you regret buying"

I in my 60s now, I have had shooters since a little boy, either firearm or air guns. It would be neat to know how many. I see a gun that catches my eye and read about it. Then go handle it in the store. But it is almost imposable to make a 100% sure purchase. The rifle dosn't have scope and rings. The trigger is almost what I want can it be adjusted to what I want. Does it recoil or flip up when shot. And you can never know the true accuracy. For the past twenty or more years I would go rent handguns at indoor ranges before buying them. Wouldn't it be cool if we could rent airguns. Even if the price ended up being a few hundred more you could be pretty sure the gun was what you liked. Also the same for scopes AOA is great for letting me take the scope outside. then I can look into a shaded area look across the way but I am holding the scope in my hands and it just isn't the same as it will be on my rifle.

Reactions: shausen
The over pressure valve I can not buy, the original is a 6k for 300 bar use. Should be a 7.5k. Hand pump the gun, but first time using a bottle to fill, with an Air Venturi 100 cui bottle it pop. User manual has it written there is a over pressure relief, called Air Venturi for replacement and they are clueless.

Ouch! I have one of these shipping in today. How high did you hand pump without problems? Do you know the OEM of Avenger by any chance? Someone has to know ......

Bought it as a pistol, found it to heavy. Seening the original hammer spring adjuster is a part waiting to fail. Bought the AOA hammer adjuster for the stock to turn it into a rifle, and that came apart. The adjuster was hard to move when the hammer did not have it under pressure. I disassembled this adjuster to find red loctite on threaded cap that did not hold and grease on the underside of the adjuster. Was to pin it after I removed the red loctite, but decided to try fresh red loctite, grease the top side of the adjuster that the hammer spring pushes against the cap.

I spent to much of my own time to fix stupid stuff.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it. I agree too big as a pistol. Its been sweet for me as a mini carbine. Disappointing yours gave such problems to you.

I had one of those... Beautiful little gun... until it broke and I was in the same boat as you. An Airgun place in Florida finally said he could fix it and I sent it in... that was at least 7 years ago. Still no gun. Edited before speculation starts... said airgun place is no longer in business that I'm aware of.. but my attempts to contact the owner have gone unanswered.
Really was an excellent airgun. Funny ( well, or not) I sent mine of the California for repair never to be seen again. Maybe that is what happened to them all in the end?

John

Really was an excellent airgun. Funny ( well, or not) I sent mine of the California for repair never to be seen again. Maybe that is what happened to them all in the end?

John
I guess someone found the secret to fixing them and want to hoard all they can! What was the other one... there was the Spitfire that was break barrel, but there was another one similar that had a short under lever akin to a Prosport. I cant think of the name of that one off top of my head.

Worst Pistol regret …like a shooter on here …BSA Magnum …awful thing, bad grip, badly designed seal, internal guide too tight, barrel too short, Plenum silencer does not work and should have had additional barrel inside it instead of the stupid void…. Recoil is weird and uncontrollable …Rebuilt ….still crap …sold it.

Air rifle. Webley Mark 3….Transfer port too big to make power and gives horrible cycle….Incredibly, .177 pellet fell back through the TP port into the cylinder when shooting up into trees one time…because it is bigger in diameter than the pellet …..loading tap on wrong side.
Scope rail not fit to take a scope…Started levering up during fitting…
Could not get on with it.
Auto tap on early Airsporters far better and make much better power….completely outgunning it, but the Airsporter is not a top 10 rifle.

I guess someone found the secret to fixing them and want to hoard all they can! What was the other one... there was the Spitfire that was break barrel, but there was another one similar that had a short under lever akin to a Prosport. I cant think of the name of that one off top of my head.
BSA Firebird. I just liked the Spitfire better (???) and got lucky to buy John Bowkett's personal rifle he tuned (You know back when tuning was tuning).
Even with both the Black rifle and got to have the latest greatest I believe such a design wold sell well if produced today.

John

BSA Firebird. I just liked the Spitfire better (???) and got lucky to buy John Bowkett's personal rifle he tuned (You know back when tuning was tuning).
Even with both the Black rifle and got to have the latest greatest I believe such a design wold sell well if produced today.

John

Firebird. I dont know why I couldnt recall that off hand. I agree... really liked the looks of the Spitfire. Looked like a Lightning. A blueprinted BSA by Bowkett? That was the cream of the crop back then!

I definitely have one regret but not for something I bought, back a good decade now I had a friend asking for suggestions about a PCP,.....at the time there was several people singing the praises of Hatsan guns on forums, I never had one but I suggested to my friend to buy a B65 in.25 cal

When the gun came in and he came to my house to shoot it I was shocked, such a cheap, heavy, horrible magazine and bolt action, I let my friend try one of my Rainstorms and he send it back to Pyramyd immediately.

I would say “regret” only in that I have one that just sits in the rack looking sadly at me. Picked up a .25 Hatsan Galatian Tact. as my first PCP. I have shot it 2 times in a year and a half. It could double as an Anchor and is way overpowered for backyard duties. Not the rifles fault as it performed just as advertised. However I’m sentimental and doubt I’ll ever get rid of it.

Yeah I have zero regrets at all. After a little work and actually swapping calibers, that TX200 is probably my best shooting springer by a hair over my 97K. That gun actually made it through 4x consecutive 10 Dime Challenges before it completely missed a dime at 30m.
Have a tx 177 on the way, can’t wait to test it out. I need another springer lol

Reactions: Sqwirl57
I definitely have one regret but not for something I bought, back a good decade now I had a friend asking for suggestions about a PCP,.....at the time there was several people singing the praises of Hatsan guns on forums, I never had one but I suggested to my friend to buy a B65 in.25 cal

When the gun came in and he came to my house to shoot it I was shocked, such a cheap, heavy, horrible magazine and bolt action, I let my friend try one of my Rainstorms and he send it back to Pyramyd immediately.
C'mon you love those turkey guns!

I havent seen a hatsan yet that I consider attractive and I've had 3 now. They do feel cheap but they all performed well for me for the time I had them. Not enough shot count tonpower ratio.