• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Any guns you regret buying"

I regret getting my Impact MK2 in .22 about 2-1/2 years ago in the fall. I wanted to step up to pcp and use it for field target. Due to covid the pickings were slim at the time. The Impact was getting rave reviews. The .177 barrel wasn't in stock but coming in soon. I figured I'd have the best of both worlds by just buying the .22 and getting the .177 barrel when it came in. I'm still waiting. The following spring I bought a Red Wolf in .177 and haven't touched the Impact more than twice since I bought it.

Hind sight being 20/20 I regret buying the Bobcat .25 Mk2 simply because it's UGLY...should have got the Royale 500 instead with the nice walnut stock...can't bring myself to sell it cause it shoots so well...and has had no issues.
20221122_165926.jpg

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Hind sight being 20/20 I regret buying the Bobcat .25 Mk2 simply because it's UGLY...should have got the Royale 500 instead with the nice walnut stock...can't bring myself to sell it cause it shoots so well...and has had no issues.View attachment 310820
It's funny how many people regret buying these ugly FX guns! Could you not see it in the pics when you bought it? :ROFLMAO:

One day I will own an FX, but it will be a dreamline in 22. Either walnut or pepper laminate, depending on how much I want those blood sucking leeches to take from me.

It's funny how many people regret buying these ugly FX guns! Could you not see it in the pics when you bought it? :ROFLMAO:

One day I will own an FX, but it will be a dreamline in 22. Either walnut or pepper laminate, depending on how much I want those blood sucking leeches to take from me.
I was expecting this responce...I got sucked in to the performance hype in the early years of my PCP journey...which was good advice...just didn't realize Royale was same thing...was attracted to bullpup design also...it is a BIG bullpup!
BTW I had a black pepper Streamline .22 traded it for a Theoben Crusader. 20...it was a great gun and BEAUTIFUL...wish the Bobcat had a stock like that...lol.
And yes I realized it had a synthetic stock when I bought it...

I was expecting this responce...I got sucked in to the performance hype in the early years of my PCP journey...which was good advice...just didn't realize Royale was same thing...was attracted to bullpup design also...it is a BIG bullpup!
BTW I had a black pepper Streamline .22 traded it for a Theoben Crusader. 20...it was a great gun and BEAUTIFUL...wish the Bobcat had a stock like that...lol.
And yes I realized it had a synthetic stock when I bought it...
Yeah I was teasing you. I just cant get past all the ugliness FX puts out. I don't wanna shoot it if I don't like looking at it, no matter how good it shoots. Kind of like women if you catch my drift lol.

I dont necessarily regret buying it but the TX200 was the most disappointing springer I ever bought. I had purchased a .22 HW97K and the gun was just phenomenal. I had only ever used Gamos prior to that so my expectations weren't exactly high for springers in general.

Skip ahead a few months and I started asking myself "if a $500 springer can do this, I wonder how amazing a $900 one is?" I ended up getting a TX200HC in .22 and quickly found out that I wasn't paying more for a better shooting gun. I was paying more for a prettier gun. My 97K actually outshot that TX200 by quite a bit.
Found same thing TX 200 was not as good as my HW 97k it was close but HW wins
Regret no had a blast shooting it

Last edited:
Found same thing TX 200 was not as good as my HW 97k it was close but HW wins
Regret no had a blast shooting it
Yeah I have zero regrets at all. After a little work and actually swapping calibers, that TX200 is probably my best shooting springer by a hair over my 97K. That gun actually made it through 4x consecutive 10 Dime Challenges before it completely missed a dime at 30m.

So a few years back when I had a horse farm to keep clear of groundhogs, my bosses boss also bought a farmette with a few groundhogs. After a chat we agreed a high power airgun should work. I warned him that bass pro doesn’t have the kind of gun I had in mind but a week later he has a Benjamin NP Trail something-or-other springer and he said he was having trouble with it. So I took it home and tested it and it was pure junk. Crap trigger, crap scope, crap accuracy.

It wasn’t my money but it may as well have been - that guys opinion of me went down from there. But he always found a way to cut corners off a good idea until it went poorly.

Are there any guns that you regret buying because they didn't live up to your expectations, were prone to failure, bad support, undependable, not accurate, whatever... I know there are a couple I'd not buy again if I had it to do over.
Just curious if others feel the same way and why.
@hawkeye69: The HW110 Synthetic in .177 was a shot gun, no matter what I did at the request of the vendor. I returned it in exchange for the Daystate Wolverine 2 in .22 caliber for a few bucks more with "no regrets"

This one is easy...it's hands down the single shot, rear bolt action Edgun Matador w/ dark grey stock from way back in the day as shown in my avatar because this was the uber cool pcp that pushed me over the top on a decade+ long journey into the madness that is pcp airgunts. Back then, you had to deal with Tony R. and get on his mysterious wait list and wait and wait and wait until one day out of the blue he emails you with payment instructions and you had jump however high he wanted you to jump. Pretty curt/rude dude but there was no one else to buy them from...

Without this Edgun, I would've saved many thousands of dollars and hours/days/years doing other things like being a better father to my kids and/or a better husband to my wife. But yet here we are at 4am in the morning looking for another rifle to buy...

The Avenger I can understand why? But please do elaborate on why you regret the Atomic XR?

My regret with my Atomic XR is that my other PCPs don’t get out of the safe these days.
Bought it as a pistol, found it to heavy. Seening the original hammer spring adjuster is a part waiting to fail. Bought the AOA hammer adjuster for the stock to turn it into a rifle, and that came apart. The adjuster was hard to move when the hammer did not have it under pressure. I disassembled this adjuster to find red loctite on threaded cap that did not hold and grease on the underside of the adjuster. Was to pin it after I removed the red loctite, but decided to try fresh red loctite, grease the top side of the adjuster that the hammer spring pushes against the cap.

I spent to much of my own time to fix stupid stuff.

Why did you regret the Avenger?
The over pressure valve I can not buy, the original is a 6k for 300 bar use. Should be a 7.5k. Hand pump the gun, but first time using a bottle to fill, with an Air Venturi 100 cui bottle it pop. User manual has it written there is a over pressure relief, called Air Venturi for replacement and they are clueless.

More than a few. Can't even remember most of them - maybe a good thing?
Hatsan Sortie - what a frustration that one was. Semi worked maybe one in 15 shots.
Wildcat MkIII .177 - talk about POI shift. At least 1" in any direction every 10-20 shots.
Brocock Bantam Sniper XR - 150 bar on the reg and still couldn't get 30 fpe in 22.

Reactions: Florida_Man