• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Any guns you regret buying"

I only regretted buying one new gun. It was my first Impact back when they were first introduced. Because of how I went about getting it, there was no way I could return it so I think I made the regret worse. The regret went away quickly when a guy gave me more for it than I was going to ask. Ironically I saw it for sale on this forum years later. The only other regret was a used gun I picked up for my buddies son. Not the guns fault.

A pre owned 25 Mrod that was jacked up from the pervious seller. It was a Ebay deal and I sent it back and they only refunded half my money because seller said I tampered with the item. They didn't even allow me to appeal it.
It wouldn't put out even nickel groups at 10 feet, and the air tube was covered in rust. I wiped down the tube with oil and that was considered tampering lol. Whatever.

My brand new fortitude 177. Regulator busted within the first 100 shots and the POI would shift every time I pulled it out of the safe. Tried everything to get it fixed and gave up and kicked it down the road.

A Beeman Chief II synthetic. Was a decent gun, just too cheap and the grip to trigger length was too long for me. I have ham hands lol.

I'm sure there are others just those came to mind first.

Reactions: 450BM
Here we go I will be hated but my Beeman R10 and RWS 54. The R10 and RWS are very accurate. This is the problem the power is low. The R10 shoots a 20 caliber 13.43 gr JSB around 750 to 800 fps. The RWS 54 in 177 shoots 7.9 gr CPHP around 940 to 980 fps. They are just not fun to shoot. It's like shoot a PCP with low power. My hatsan 135 in ( after my tune) 25 caliber is shooting a JSB 25.39 over 800 fps accurately. My 135 in 30 caliber (after my tune) is shooting a 44.75 gr JSB over 600 FPS accurately. I like my Magnum springers. I also have the gamo hunter extreme in 177,22,25 that are over factory number with less recoil after my tunes. When I hit a squirrel or pigeon at 100 yards with a head shot that's something to talk about. I am not bragging just want people to understand that these guns can perform with some TLC and time with them. I would love to see what a HW 80 or 90 could give me but I don't have that kind of money.

Not to go off track here, but I have been looking at that .30 Hatsan since it came out... every time I get close to pulling the trigger to get one, I see a post like this. I need it about as much as I need a third nipple... but I always look. The last time I was serious, I had a coworker hit me up who had gotten one last year and asked me why that his gun now was easy to cock, rattles and wont shoot a pellet. That pretty much sealed it for me. I told him it sounded like a broken spring, but good luck getting a replacement. He wanted to stick with springers (the Hatsan was his first and only experience with an airgun) so I steered him towards an RWS 54 and actually found him one at the Hickory show and mailed to him.
Sorry to continue to go off track but honestly it’s a 30 cal break barrel. Just the thought of it seems ridiculous to me. You have to have a balance between fpe and trajectory. A break barrel isn’t the power plant to drive a pellet that heavy. Never will be.

On topic, mine would be the Benjamin Maximus. Felt and looked like a Walmart tinker toy. Shot like one as well. The China offerings in that price area are superior for sure.

Sorry to continue to go off track but honestly it’s a 30 cal break barrel. Just the thought of it seems ridiculous to me. You have to have a balance between fpe and trajectory. A break barrel isn’t the power plant to drive a pellet that heavy. Never will be.

On topic, mine would be the Benjamin Maximus. Felt and looked like a Walmart tinker toy. Shot like one as well. The China offerings in that price area are superior for sure.
I realize it is a very niche gun. I've got a plethora of PCP's that will far better do the job, but for me, the oddity of a larger caliber break barrel has always been the draw. On a practical end, I'm sure it has merit in certain closer range hunting applications. Will I ever find myself in those situations where that may be worth buying? Likely not. Still, I've always had a draw to that particular gun.