Any guns you regret buying"

Somewhere in this topic I replied something. But when I just saw this topic pop up again I instantly had a gun pop in my head. The Airmaks Krait L. But the disappointment in that rifle still outweighs the regret of buying it. I would only really regret buying a gun if the bad info was out there and my dumb a$$ bought it anyway.
That was actually the case when I bought my Aspen. There were plenty of bad reviews and my my dumb a$$ bought it anyway. The Aspen is a cheap gun however and honest reviews of cheap guns are almost always going to reveal that the guns were cheaply made.

Is there anything specific about it that I should be weary about? I almost pulled the trigger on the B&W .457 semi-auto. Do you know of any known issues, or things I should know? Someone said they are very ammo picky??
Hey sorry I am just seeing this now. The trigger was a mess. I cleaned and polished all of the weight bearing surfaces and had the bolt worked on as well. The bolt sounded like it had sand in it. Under the shroud the air stripper has some very sharp edges. I have the trigger issues sorted but its just not a great gun. It is an excellent beginner / tinker gun. If some one has the time to pull it apart and tune it. It was defiantly not worth what I paid for it. I am going to put it up for sale as soon as I get some free time to post it. It will include the scope bipod and suppressor, 5 magazines and a custom single shot tray, $300 shipped.

I don't necessarily regret buying it entirely, but I bought a Flashpup QE as a starter air gun to shoot squirrels and targets. I pretty quickly realized how much more potential there was with options like FX M3s and would have rather started with that looking back. The Flashpup was my first real air gun, so it probably wasn't a terrible starter, but there are far more capable and flexible options. I'm probably about to launch down the M3 path, and feel like it would have been doable to start there.

I don't necessarily regret buying it entirely, but I bought a Flashpup QE as a starter air gun to shoot squirrels and targets. I pretty quickly realized how much more potential there was with options like FX M3s and would have rather started with that looking back. The Flashpup was my first real air gun, so it probably wasn't a terrible starter, but there are far more capable and flexible options. I'm probably about to launch down the M3 path, and feel like it would have been doable to start there.
I was out of the pcp world for a few years, I had an fx Royale 22 but sold it 6 years ago. I regret it. I got back in with a Flashpup like you, but quickly found it was not my cup of tea. Bought a PP700SA for my pesting needs, still love that pistol carbine. Also bought a Cricket Tact II 25 cal for target shooting. Great accurate rifle, magazine changes took practice. Life changed and I couldn’t get to the range, and it was just too much rifle for my yard. In the meantime bought a Maverick Compact 177. Struggled with POI shifts for no apparent reason. Tried a bunch of things. Spent more time tuning than shooting. With a newborn son and precious little time, I decided I wanted to shoot in the time I have, not tune and chase a shifty POI. Sold that Mav, bought a Daystate Huntsman Revere Safari. I wish I bought the Revere way back when, instead of the Flashpup. I have a Notos and Snowpeak P35 as my tinkering guns, the Revere is solid and always ready to shoot.

Cliff Notes: My advice is to have a solid dependable rifle first if you plan on having a project gun.

Reactions: fishing43
Yep, AA HFT500, three of them. They are great guns, no doubt about it, but I just never could get a warm and cozy with them. All shot well and no problems, but I just cannot warm up to them. Also, I had a Daystate, probably 10 or so years ago, electronic, and it was sooo beautiful and soooo cool, I just couldn't get comfortable shooting it. I mean, one scratch, and it would have killed me. I shot it off the bench for a few months and sold it. It was too heavy to carry around and I was always afraid of geting it dinged.

Now, wanna talk about the ones I'm sorry I sold, that's a much longer list.........

• Wow
Reactions: jps2486

Two guns I couldn't live without for airguns today are still my Benjamin Cayden, and my FX M3. Guns I probably wouldn't buy, anything Turkish. And I mean they're okay, but they're nothing like the quality of the other two. Amazing walnut though.

IMG_2985.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Florida_Man
Two guns I couldn't live without for airguns today are still my Benjamin Cayden, and my FX M3. Guns I probably wouldn't buy, anything Turkish. And I mean they're okay, but they're nothing like the quality of the other two. Amazing walnut though.
I’ve only owned two Turkish guns, but I’ve heard repeatedly about how nice the walnut is on them. On mine it’s just a dark shellac finish. It’s the top one in the picture. I’m assuming that others got something nicer.

IMG_3250.jpeg

Reactions: NorthernBallistics